The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 15:27

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 109473
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 15:46

Fox Might Give Us a New Season of the X-Files

FOX says it's in 'significant talks' - mmm, sounds spicy.

Jamie Loftus
August 8, 2016

Fox’s six revival episodes gave X-Files fans a collective orgasm of nostalgia, and the network might not be ready to stop just yet. Fox Entertainment president David Madden the network was actively working to bring Mulder and Scully back to the screen for another season.

“There are significant talks with all three principals,” Madden said at TCA on Monday, referring to X-Files creator Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson.

Sure, David, we all want that, and I’m sure you get a nice cut of the profits yourself, but what are the chances of it actually happening?

Fox TV Group chairman Dana Walden piped up, saying she wishes the company could have produced more episodes in the revival.

“We would have liked to do more in the first place, but there were limitations,” Walden said. “Gillian lives in the U.K. David in New York and Los Angeles. The show shoots in Vancouver. So it’s about coordinating a time when they can carve time to be in Vancouver.”

The situation is already complicated, as Anderson currently has an ongoing commitment to the Starz adaptation of American Gods. And even though fans were overjoyed to get more of their favorite show, the first revival season got a lukewarm reception from diehard fans of the series’ original run from 1993-2002. According to Walden, Fox would be thrilled to get between eight to ten new episodes locked given the scheduling complications, but future episodes would be able to jump straight into the action. The original revival had to re-establish and fill in a lot of the original show’s mythology, which a second season wouldn’t have to do.

“It was introduced to new viewers,” Walden said of the 2016 X-Files season, “and (the writers) had the challenge of filling in the mythology. Going forward, there won’t be the same obligation to reset the series.”

All you can do now is start whispering sweet nothings to the Duchovny poster we know is taped to your ceiling and pray that Fox executives aren’t putting money above the legend of Mulder and Scully. And now, we wait.

Photos via Getty Images / Frederick M. Brown

Inverse

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 15:49

Oh, Come On Fox, Do Not Defend the X-Files Revival Season

Katharine Trendacosta
20 minutes ago

Look, the X-Files revival season was incredibly rocky. It had one high, a couple of lows, and mostly some mediocre middles. It was a cash grab based on nostalgia and, yeah, we watched it. But don’t try to defend it.

Fox entertainment president David Madden said this:

I actually think that the season, the six episodes, were strong. We worked hard with [creator Chris Carter]. The episodes represent Chris and his team’s vision. Everybody reads what they read, but if we have the opportunity to do more episodes, we will take our cue from Chris and his team and I think that there was some very strong work the previous season and we look forward to more.

Oh god, please do not take your cue from Chris Carter. Carter is the worst part of the X-Files team. His episodes in the revival were the worst ones. The best one was from someone else who wasn’t trying to make sense of the mythology. He should get all the credit in the world for creating the show and assembling this staff, but, in terms of writing, Carter is not the way to go.

Madden continued:

I would just add that the show was off the air for a very long time and was introduced to a variety of new viewers. There was still a lot of time to cover in these six episodes so they had the challenge of filling in the mythology and explaining where the characters were and how they got to where they are at the start of the six episodes. I think going forward there won’t be the same obligation to reset the series, but I will tell you that on our social platforms, the chatter is overwhelmingly positive and the fans want more episodes.

Yes, because the mythology was always a mess. When there were a lot of episodes, it was easier to hide. If they keep making short seasons, they’re going to keep running into this problem.
Also, the reason people want more episodes isn’t because these six were good. It’s because we love these characters and we want to see them come back in good episodes. We’re going to keep asking you to try.

Madden concluded by saying, basically, that it was all fine because even though some reviewers didn’t like it, some did: “I did read some negative reviews and I also saw some glowing reviews. So, like with most shows, I thought it was very mixed.” The whole show was mixed. Learn from your mistakes if you’re going to do this again. Which, of course, Madden claims they are “working hard” to do.

Gizmodo

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 16:11

Could The X-Files Season 11 Happen? Here's What Fox Is Saying

By Laura Hurley
1 hour ago

Fox brought classic supernatural series The X-Files back to the airwaves in early 2016 for a shortened tenth season, and while the show accumulated a loyal fanbase over its original nine year run, Mulder and Scully had been gone from the small screen for nearly 14 years by the time Season 10 premiered. There was really no saying if the revival would be a hit, but luckily for fans, the new episodes brought huge ratings for Fox that have had many of us wondering if an eleventh season could really be in the works. Now, Fox has the answer. Or an answer, The network is actively trying to work with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson to reunite them once more for a Season 11, according to Fox entertainment president David Madden.

Significant talks [are underway]. We would obviously love to do another season [but] schedules are hard. We're working hard to get this done.

Madden's reveal that David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson have been officially approached about Season 11 came during the TCA press tour (via TVLine). The actors and executives have been vague about whether or not actual progress has been made toward more X-Files in the months since Season 10 premiered, so news that Fox is moving forward and trying to work out a schedule with the stars is definitely reason to get excited (X-cited).

Still, we shouldn't start whistling the theme song and planning our next X-Files watch parties yet. A lot still needs to happen before we can count on another season. The show could conceivably move forward without Mitch Pileggi as Skinner and William B. Davis as the Cigarette-Smoking Man, but Mulder and Scully are a package deal. Folks tuned into Season 10 to see David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson together as the intrepid agents, and any of us who remember Season 9 of the original series know that the show isn't the same without both actors on board full time. Anderson recently signed on for a role in American Gods, among her other active gigs, and Duchovny is rarely idle for long, so it could be a struggle to work out a time for both of the actors to return to pay off that terrible Season 10 cliffhanger. Fox Television CEO Dana Walden has stated that the network is looking for eight to ten episodes for Season 11, which would require more filming time from the actors than the six episodes of Season 10.

There's also the question of how motivated the actors are to return to their iconic characters for Season 11. Although David Duchovny has been enthusiastic about coming back for more, Gillian Anderson has spoken out about the difficulties of filming in Canada when she and her family are living in London. Fox may not have the easiest time getting all of the X-Files ducks in a row again, so hopefully the studio will know better than to try offering Anderson half of Duchovny's pay again. I'm a huge fan of The X-Files, but I wouldn't blame her if she has some reservations about jumping into a new deal for another batch of episodes.

On the whole, I'm encouraged by the news that Fox is actively working toward bringing David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson back for more X-Files. The revival could have easily flopped if the actors hadn't been able to channel their characters again, and there had been no knowing if the cases and mysteries that worked for audiences in the 1990s could work in 2016. The six episodes were solid enough to warrant more, and we don't want to wait another fourteen years for Season 11.

Check out our fall TV premiere schedule to see what you will be able to watch in the near future.

CinemaBlend

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 16:27

Fox Wants a New Season of THE X-FILES and They're in "Significant Talks" with the Talent

4 hours ago
by Joey Paur

As many of you already know, I'm a huge fan of The X-Files, and I absolutely loved the last season of the series which consisted of six episodes. Ever since the last season concluded, I was hoping that Fox would pick it up for another one. Everyone seemed like they would be on board to do it, and now it sounds like there is some progress being made in making it happen!

According to Deadline, Fox has been in the process of trying to secure more episodes for a new season. Fox Entertainment president David Madden recently said:

“We would love to do other season. There are significant talks with all three principals. We are working hard, and would like to get a new season soon.”

The three principles that Fox is in talks with are creator Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. After all, without them, there is no show. When asked if the network would want to make any creative changes to the show due to mixed reviews, Madden said:

“I actually think the season was strong. The episodes represent Chris and his team’s vision, and we will take our cue from them. The show was off the air for a very long time. It was introduced to new viewers, and (the writers) had the challenge of filling in the mythology. Going forward, there won’t be the same obligation to reset the series.”

I'm so happy to hear that there could be at least another six episodes. I think it would be amazing if they actually went for a full season. I doubt it will happen because everyone is so busy working on other projects, but a fan can hope.

With things moving forward like this, I'm pretty confident we will get to see another season of The X-Files, and I can't wait to see what Carter and his team give us!

GeekTyrant

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 16:50

Fox In “Serious Talks” For More “X-Files”

By Garth Franklin -
Monday, August 8th 2016 1:30 pm

Speaking at the Television Critics Association press tour today, Fox Television Group Chairman and CEO Dana Walden and Fox Broadcasting Company Entertainment President David Madden were asked about the huge ratings but mixed critical response to this year’s “The X-Files” limited series revival.

Previously the three principals involved in the show – creator Chris Carter and actors David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson – have all indicated a willingness to return for more provided they stick to the shorter run season format and can work out their scheduling. So what about the network? Madden tells TV Line:

“We would obviously love to do another season. There are significant talks going on with all three of the principals. Schedules are hard but we’re working hard to get this done… I actually think that the season, the six episodes were strong. We worked hard with Chris on the previous season. The episodes represent Chris and his team’s vision. Everybody reads what they read. If we have the opportunity to do more episodes, we will take our cue from Chris and his team.”

Speaking after the panel, Walden spoke about the scheduling difficulties and critical response:

“There were only six episodes this year. We would have liked to have done more in the first place. It was really the limitations of David [Duchovny] and Gillian [Anderson] and Chris [Carter]’s schedules.

Gillian lives in the U.K., David lives in New York and California and we do the show in Vancouver. Chris lives up north, so it’s just trying to coordinate a time where they all could carve out a period to be in Vancouver.

I think now we have longer to plan. We’re in conversations that potentially we could do more. I don’t imagine it being a full season of The X-Files but I would be really happy if we were able to get eight to ten episodes.

I would just add the show was off the air for a very long time and was introduced to a variety of new viewers through OTT [over the top] platforms [like Netflix and On Demand services]. There was still a lot of time to cover in these six episodes. They had the challenge of filling in the mythology and how they go to where they were at the start of the six.

Going forward, there won’t be the same obligation to reset the series. On our social platforms, the chatter is overwhelmingly positive. The fans want more episodes. I did read some negative reviews and I also read some glowing reviews. Like most shows, I thought it was mixed.”

There is currently no production schedule in place for further episodes so no word on a potential airdate should they go forward.

Dark Horizons

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 16:55

“Significant talks” underway for new season of The X-Files

August 8, 2016 by Gary Collinson

Fox enjoyed huge ratings success when it reopened The X-Files for a tenth season earlier this year, and so it’s no surprise that the network is keen to reunite creator Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson for more paranormal investigations. And it seems another season may well be on the cards…

Speaking at the Television Critics Association press tour, Fox has revealed that talks are well underway, with Entertainment President David Madden stating that, “We would love to do other seasons. There are significant talks with all three principals. We are working hard, and would like to get a new season soon.”

Fox TV Group Chairman Dana Walden went on to reveal that they would have liked to have more than six episodes in the recent series revival, but were unable to do so due to scheduling difficulties:

“We would have liked to do more episodes in the first place, but there were limitations. Gillian lives in the U.K. David in New York and Los Angeles. The show shoots in Vancouver. So it’s about coordinating a time when they can carve time to be in Vancouver. We’re in conversations where we can do more. I don’t see a full season of episodes, but I’d be happy to get 10 or 8 episodes.”

Are you excited about the prospect of more X-Files? Let us know in the comments below…

Flickering Myth

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 17:42

'The X-Files' Stars David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson To Star In 10-Episode Season 11?

Christian Saclao , Design & Trend
Aug, 08, 2016, 07:55 PM

(Photo : The X-Files Facebook page/Fox) Fox Television Group chairman Dana Walden is hoping to get "10 or 8 episodes" for a potential season 11 of "The X-Files."

It looks like "The X-Files" fans are literally going to see more of David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson when the two reunite for a potential season 11 of the hit Fox series.

Immediately after Fox executive session at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Monday, Dana Walden -- chairman and CEO of the Fox Television Group -- told reporters that a potential season 11 of the Chris Carter-created series would likely exceed season 10's relatively short six-episode run.

"We would have liked to have done more [episodes] in the first place," Walden said (via TVLine). "It was really the limitations of David and Gillian and Chris' schedules. Gillian lives in the UK, David lives in New York and California, and we do the show in Vancouver. Chris lives up north. So it was just trying to coordinate a time where they all carve out a period to be in Vancouver."

"We're in conversations where we can do more," Walden continued. "I don't see a full season of episodes, but I'd be happy to get 10 or 8 episodes."

Back in February, Carter expressed confidence that there will be more episodes of "The X-Files" in the future. "I can't imagine, with the ratings that we've got and the way we ended this season, that there won't be more 'X-Files,' Carter told TVLine. "They will find a way to get that done. Because I spoke about it briefly with Dana Walden... so there's an appetite there and ... a chance certainly to find how we're gonna get ourselves off this precipice."

"When that will be, I have no idea," he told Entertainment Weekly in the same month, before clarifying that he "wasn't trying to set up a movie [with the season 10 finale], just an ongoing story."

Are you happy that a potential season 11 of "The X-Files" could have a longer episode order? Sound off in the comments below!

Design & Trend

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 17:46

Fox confirms that "significant talks" are underway for more X-Files

55 minutes ago
by: Kevin Fraser

As a huge fan of The X-Files, I was incredibly excited when it was first announced that Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny, and series creator Chris Carter would all be coming back for a new event series consisting of six episodes. Those episodes finally aired earlier this year and although they proved to be a big success for Fox, they left many fans feeling a little unsatisfied, myself included. Don't get me wrong, it was great to see David and Gillian step into those characters again and there were plenty of wonderful moments to be found in those six episodes, but it wasn't exactly the triumphant return which we were hoping it would be.

Despite the mixed critical reception, there's been constant speculation on if the show will return for another batch of episodes; everyone involved seems to be game, but it's just a matter of hammering out the scheduling, which is something Fox is working very hard at putting together. Speaking with the Television Critics Association, Fox Broadcasting Company Entertainment President David Madden once again said that they "would love to do other seasons" and that "there are significant talks with all three principals (Chris Carter, David Duchovny & Gillian Anderson)" underway and that they are "working hard and would like to get a new season soon." Fox Television Group Chairman and CEO Dana Walden added they would like to produce more episodes this time around.

We would have liked to do more in the first place, but there were limitations, Gillian lives in the U.K. David in New York and Los Angeles. The show shoots in Vancouver. So it’s about coordinating a time when they can carve time to be in Vancouver. We’re in conversations where we can do more, I don’t see a full season of episodes, but I’d be happy to get 10 or 8 episodes.

I never expected, or wanted, a full season of episodes, but the six we got didn't quite feel like enough to contain the story, especially as the writers had to reintroduce characters, concepts, and decades of mythology to get audiences caught up; but, with all that out of the way, the next season shouldn't have to deal with that baggage.

The show was off the air for a very long time. It was introduced to new viewers, and (the writers) had the challenge of filling in the mythology. Going forward, there won’t be the same obligation to reset the series.

Barring any unforeseen difficulties, it looks like The X-Files will indeed return before too long. Those of you who watched the latest season, here are a few questions for you to ponder: How many episodes would you like the new season to have, what would you do to improve the series, and are there any past characters who you would like to see brought back?

JoBlo.com

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 17:48

FOX Planning Longer Limited Run of X-Files For Season 11

August 8, 2016 | Posted by Jeremy Thomas

FOX is prepping for an eleventh season of The X-Files and is looking for a longer run than season ten’s six episodes. FOX TV Chairman/CEO Dana Waldern said at the network’s TCA summer press tour today (via TV Line that an eleventh season will likely be more along the lines of eight to ten episodes and that “significant talks” are underway with Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny and creator Chris Carter.

“We would have liked to have done more the first place,” said Walden about the tenth season. “It was really the limitations of David and Gillian and Chris’ schedules. Gillian lives in the UK, David lives in New York and California, and we do the show in Vancouver. Chris lives up north. So it was just trying to coordinate a time where they all carve out a period to be in Vancouver.”

With more time to plan for the new season, which will likely be in 2018, Walden said, “We’re in conversations that intentionally we could do more. I don’t imagine it being a full season of The X-Files, but I would be really happy if we were able to get eight to 10 episodes.”

Waldon also said that about the talks with the talent that “We would obviously love to do another season [but] schedules are hard. We’re working hard to get this done.”

411mania.com

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 18:13

The X-Files season 11: Fox executives tease 'we'd love to do another series'

WHILE The X-Files revival earlier this year received a mixed reaction from fans, Fox executive have teased that the show could return.

By Helen Kelly
PUBLISHED: 01:25, Tue, Aug 9, 2016 | UPDATED: 01:56, Tue, Aug 9, 2016

FOX • GETTY
Fox executives tease fans that they would love to do an eleventh season of The X-Files

Addressing the criticism of season 10, which saw the return of Mulder and Scully, Fox chairman Dana Walden said it was "challenging" but there was the possibility of continuing the series.

She explained: "The show was off the air for a very long time and season 10 had the challenge of filling in mythology and explaining where the characters were.

"Going forward, there won't be the same obligation to re-set the series."

Speaking at the TCA Press Tour, Dana added: "On our social media platforms, the chatter is overwhelmingly positive… I did read some negative reviews and I also saw some glowing reviews.

GETTY
Executives said season 10 was challenged with updating viewers on where the characters were

FOX
The X-Files revival received mixed reviews when it returned earlier this year

"As with almost all shows, it was mixed."

And for fans desperate for another season, Fox Broadcasting president David Madden hinted revealed they'd "love" to bring Mulder and Scully back.

He added that the broadcaster was in the process of confirming whether Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny, who take on the lead roles, would be available to film an eleventh season.

Do you want The X-Files to return?

Yes - I love Mulder and Scully 33%

Maybe - It depends on the storyline 67%

No - Season 10 was disappointing 0%

FOX
David Madden said he would love to get another season of The X-Files out soon

GETTY
David said he would love to make another season of the cult sci-fi series

David commented: "There are significant talks going on with all three of the principles, and schedules are hard, but we would love to get another season out soon."

David Duchovny, 55, has previously discussed returning to the show. When he appeared on Ellen DeGeneres chat show earlier this year, he hinted: "I think we’re all open to it, it’s just a matter of getting everyone’s schedules to jibe. Gilly lives in London, I don’t know where I live.

"I would love to. I think we all would. We’ll see what happens."

Express.co.uk

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Mon 8 Aug - 18:14

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 100670
Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody and Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2007-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 18:25

August 8, 2016

‘The X-Files’ Season 11: Fox To Bring Back A ‘Super-Sized’ Season To Air In 2018, David Duchovny And Gillian Anderson To Return

Chrissie Williams

Fox wants more X-Files and plans to deliver another season of the hit series in 2018, TV lines reports.

Fox Television Group CEO and Chairman, Dana Walden, told reporters during the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Monday that the network is “hopeful” that The X-Files Season 11 would return with eight to 10 new episodes “some time” in 2018.

“We would have liked to have done more [episodes] in the first place. It was really the limitations of David and Gillian and Chris’ schedules. Gillian lives in the UK, David lives in New York and California, and we do the show in Vancouver. Chris lives up north. So it was just trying to coordinate a time where they all carve out a period to be in Vancouver.”

Walden reported that The X-Files should return by the end of 2018, and they hope to have more time to coordinate the demanding schedules of the cast. This time around, the network and Fox studio have a longer window to plan for another season. They aren’t in a rush, and the actors have to dedicate time to pull off a great season.

Dana explained that she doesn’t anticipate the season consisting of 20 plus episodes, but Fox doesn’t see an issue with bringing the fans at least eight to 10 episodes, ET reports.

Walden added that just because The X-files will have a shorter season, it doesn’t mean that it will lack excitement. In fact, the executive added that the drama is expected to be “super-sized” and will more than make up for the shorter season.

“There are significant talks going on with all three of the principals. Schedules are hard, but we’re working hard to get this done and we would love to get another season out.”

Fox Entertainment President, David Madden, explained that they would love to do another season of The X-Files and are working hard to make it a reality for the fans. He explained that the most difficult part of getting another season filmed was coordinating the schedules between writer, Chris Carter, and the actors, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson.

Madden felt the need to defend Season 10 by stating that it was a “strong” season even though it met mixed reviews from the audience. The X-Files Season 10 premiered with 16.2 million viewers and the viewership continued to be “relatively high” throughout the six-episode season.

“I actually think that the six episodes were strong. We worked hard with [creator] Chris [Carter] on the previous season. The episodes represent Chris and his team’s vision. Everybody reads what they read, but we have the opportunity to do more episodes and we’ll take our cue from Chris and his team, and I think there was some very strong work on the previous season and I look forward to more.”

Dana Walden revealed that one of the factors leading to the fans’ disappointment in The X-Files Season 10 was the 14-year gap in between Season 9 and 10. Walden believes that since there has been so much time since the past few seasons, it’s given the series time to gain viewers from all different types of platforms. As hard as it is for the producers to admit, The X-Files fans expected more, and it was difficult for them to pack it into a six-episode season.

“I think going forward there won’t be the same obligation to reset the series. But I would tell you that on the social platforms, the chatter is overwhelmingly positive and the fans want more episodes. I did read some negative reviews and I also saw some glowing reviews. Like with most shows, I thought it was very mixed.”

Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny have agreed to reprise their iconic roles, Scully and Mulder, and are excited to “reboot” the series.

The X-Files fans, are you excited the series is returning? How do you think the writers plan to “reboot” the series?

Stick with the Inquisitr for more The X-Files spoilers, news, and casting updates.

[Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images]

The Inquisitr News

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Mon 8 Aug - 18:27

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Mon 8 Aug - 18:40

'The X-Files' Season 11: Ten Episodes In The Works? Execs Detail Fixes For Revival's Problems [VIDEO]

More episodes & a smoother storyline? Fox details plans for 'X-Files' season 11 in 2018. (Photo : Fox)

Fox wants to believe in the future of X-Files, and they're not afraid who knows it.

Revivals and reboots are like catnip to networks these days, and The X-Files' January return proved way. Equipped with devoted (and starved) fanbases, shows like Chris Carter's sci-fi juggernaut really bring in the ratings - so much so, in fact, that an extended season 11 could be in store for Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson).

"We would have liked to have done more [episodes] in the first place," Dana Walden, Fox television chairman and CEO, said, according to TV Line. "It was really the limitations of David and Gillian and Chris' schedules. Gillian lives in the UK, David lives in New York and California, and we do the show in Vancouver. Chris lives up north. So it was just trying to coordinate a time where they all carve out a period to be in Vancouver."

For Walden, upping the episode order from six to ten would be ideal. Perhaps this extension would give writers a chance to smooth out the mixture of mythology-building and case-of-the-week episodes. After Fox scrambled the series' airing order last winter, viewers were left with the impression that the '90s drama had returned slightly off kilter.

Now that Fox has induced a new generation into the world of X-Files - and left them with one hell of a cliffhanger - execs roundly believe a 2018 run will smooth out the kinks.

"The show was off the air for a very long time. It was introduced to new viewers, and (the writers) had the challenge of filling in the mythology," Walden explained to Deadline. "Going forward, there won't be the same obligation to reset the series."

Are you psyched for the paranormal tag team to hit the airwaves once more? Sound off in the poll below!

Entarz.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 18:40

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 18:50

More ‘X-Files’? Fox CEO Says What Has to Happen

TCA 2016: Gary Newman breaks down his network’s biggest scheduling issue

Tony Maglio | August 8, 2016 @ 4:35 PM

It seems that everyone wants more “X-Files”: Fans, the talent, and certainly, Fox.

So what’s the hold up? The broadcaster’s big day at the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour has come and (almost, at the time of this writing) gone without an order for more episodes of its out-of-this-world intellectual property. We know the problem is scheduling, but TheWrap asked network and studio co-chairman/CEO Gary Newman what exactly needs to happen for the fans to get their fix — and for Fox to nab its big TV ratings.

“We need to get Chris, David and Gillian to agree to do it, and to identify a period of three to four months of production that’s far enough out in the future to give [Carter] time to hire writers and develop the scripts,” he told TheWrap. “So you’re asking people to commit eight to ten months out into the future in terms of availability.”

On Duchovny and Anderson, Newman added: “They’re both in-demand actors, so it’s not easy — it’s a little bit of a jigsaw puzzle putting it all together, but we’re working on it.”

When asked if it’s the on-screen talent or showrunner who’s been more difficult to nail down at this point, Dana Walden’s co-head honcho answered perfectly.

“Each one has its unique challenges, but one doesn’t work without the other,” Newman replied.

Read more from our interview with Newman here.

And here’s what Walden and Fox Entertainment President David Madden had to say about the recently revived X-Files” mini-run, which wasn’t quite beloved by many critics.

Fox will close its TCA day with a combined “Gotham”-“Lucifer” panel, followed by headliner “Empire.”

TheWrap

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Mon 8 Aug - 18:52

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Mon 8 Aug - 18:58

The X-Files season 11: Fox bosses address criticism of show and reveal whether fans will get another season
The X-Files returned for season 10 to mixed reviews but fans are still calling for another series - will they get their way?

Fox bosses have finally addressed the mixed criticism season 10 of The X-Files and cast some light on whether we can expect another series.

The Fox Television Chairman and CEO Dana Walden has addressed criticism of season 10.

Speaking at the TCA Press Tour held today she said: "The show was off air for a very long time, and season 10 had the challenge of filling in he mythology and explaining where the characters were.

"Going forward, there won't be the same obligation to re-set the series.

Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully and David Duchovny as Fox Mulder

"On our social platforms, the chatter is overwhelmingly positive… I did read some negative reviews and I also saw some glowing reviews. As with almost all shows, it was mixed."
But what does this all mean for season 11? Fox Broadcasting president David Madden had some good news for fans.

"We would love to do another season," Madden confirmed. "There are significant talks going on with all three of the principles [ Gillian Anderson , David Duchovny and Chris Carter], and schedules are hard, but we would love to get another season out soon."

We already know creator, Chris Carter is on board. Last month he said he was happy how the new season turned out and that he thinks it would be possible to make another series.
He said: "We came back and did fresh, original material, pushed the boundaries of the show, and I think we showed that The X-Files has a lot more life in it."

Mirror.co.uk

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 18:59

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Mon 8 Aug - 19:01

Fox Eyeing Another Season of 'X-Files': 'There Are Significant Talks Going On'

The X-Files may be coming back.

At the beginning of the year, Fox aired a six-episode revival series with original stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprising their roles as Mulder and Scully, respectively. Fox made it known during the executive session at Monday's Television Critics Association press day that it's not done just yet.

"We would obviously love to do another season," David Madden, Fox Entertainment President, told reporters. "There are significant talks going on with all three of the principals. Schedules are hard, but we're working hard to get this done and we would love to get another season out."

Madden defended the mixed reaction from fans and critics on the creative direction for the most recent 10th season, which launched to 16.2 million viewers following the NFL's NFC Championship game.

"I actually think that the six episodes were strong," he said. "We worked hard with [creator] Chris [Carter] on the previous season. The episodes represent Chris and his team's vision. Everybody reads what they read, but we have the opportunity to do more episodes and we'll take our cue from Chris and his team, and I think there was some very strong work on the previous season and I look forward to more."

Dana Walden, Chairman and CEO of Fox Television Group, further elaborated on the critiques some have expressed over the six episodes, pointing to the 14-year gap between season nine and the most recent run

"The show was off the air for a very long time and was introduced to a variety of new viewers through a variety of platforms. Notwithstanding that, there was still a lot of time to cover in the six episodes, so they had the challenge of filling in the mythology and explaining where the characters were and how they got to where they are at the start of the six episodes," she said.

"I think going forward there won't be the same obligation to reset the series," Walden added. "But I would tell you that on the social platforms, the chatter is overwhelmingly positive and the fans want more episodes. I did read some negative reviews and I also saw some glowing reviews. Like with most shows, I thought it was very mixed."

In January, Duchovny and Anderson waxed nostalgic on returning to The X-Files universe.

"It was nostalgic," Duchovny told ET at the time. "It was just seeing the, just the names on the page again, you know?"

"I'm excited [we're giving fans] a mix of the kinds of episodes that we used to do," Anderson said. "There's monster of the week and there's mythology, and there's comedic, and it's nice that we have enough time to give an assortment. I think there's something for everybody."

Wusa9.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 19:01

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Mon 8 Aug - 19:07

‘The X-Files’ Season 11: Fox To Bring Back A ‘Super-Sized’ Season To Air In 2018, David Duchovny And Gillian Anderson To Return

Fox wants more X-Files and plans to deliver another season of the hit series in 2018, TV lines reports.

Fox Television Group CEO and Chairman, Dana Walden, told reporters during the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Monday that the network is “hopeful” that The X-Files Season 11 would return with eight to 10 new episodes “some time” in 2018.

“We would have liked to have done more [episodes] in the first place. It was really the limitations of David and Gillian and Chris’ schedules. Gillian lives in the UK, David lives in New York and California, and we do the show in Vancouver. Chris lives up north. So it was just trying to coordinate a time where they all carve out a period to be in Vancouver.”

Oh, come on Fox, do not defend the X-Files revival season https://t.co/nS3psFM0hZ pic.twitter.com/DDzpNMtyKD

— io9 (@io9) August 8, 2016

Walden reported that The X-Files should return by the end of 2018, and they hope to have more time to coordinate the demanding schedules of the cast. This time around, the network and Fox studio have a longer window to plan for another season. They aren’t in a rush, and the actors have to dedicate time to pull off a great season.

Dana explained that she doesn’t anticipate the season consisting of 20 plus episodes, but Fox doesn’t see an issue with bringing the fans at least eight to 10 episodes, ET reports.

Walden added that just because The X-files will have a shorter season, it doesn’t mean that it will lack excitement. In fact, the executive added that the drama is expected to be “super-sized” and will more than make up for the shorter season.

“Significant talks” underway for new season of The X-Files​… https://t.co/NbrPh9SybL pic.twitter.com/NuNbaP6M9t

— Flickering Myth (@flickeringmyth) August 8, 2016

“There are significant talks going on with all three of the principals. Schedules are hard, but we’re working hard to get this done and we would love to get another season out.”

Fox Entertainment President, David Madden, explained that they would love to do another season of The X-Files and are working hard to make it a reality for the fans. He explained that the most difficult part of getting another season filmed was coordinating the schedules between writer, Chris Carter, and the actors, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson.

Madden felt the need to defend Season 10 by stating that it was a “strong” season even though it met mixed reviews from the audience. The X-Files Season 10 premiered with 16.2 million viewers and the viewership continued to be “relatively high” throughout the six-episode season.

“I actually think that the six episodes were strong. We worked hard with [creator] Chris [Carter] on the previous season. The episodes represent Chris and his team’s vision. Everybody reads what they read, but we have the opportunity to do more episodes and we’ll take our cue from Chris and his team, and I think there was some very strong work on the previous season and I look forward to more.”

Dana Walden revealed that one of the factors leading to the fans’ disappointment in The X-Files Season 10 was the 14-year gap in between Season 9 and 10. Walden believes that since there has been so much time since the past few seasons, it’s given the series time to gain viewers from all different types of platforms. As hard as it is for the producers to admit, The X-Files fans expected more, and it was difficult for them to pack it into a six-episode season.

“I think going forward there won’t be the same obligation to reset the series. But I would tell you that on the social platforms, the chatter is overwhelmingly positive and the fans want more episodes. I did read some negative reviews and I also saw some glowing reviews. Like with most shows, I thought it was very mixed.”

Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny have agreed to reprise their iconic roles, Scully and Mulder, and are excited to “reboot” the series.

The X-Files fans, are you excited the series is returning? How do you think the writers plan to “reboot” the series?

Stick with the Inquisitr for more The X-Files spoilers, news, and casting updates.

[Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images]

‘The X-Files’ Season 11: Fox To Bring Back A ‘Super-Sized’ Season To Air In 2018, David Duchovny And Gillian Anderson To Return is an article from: The Inquisitr News

Newswatchreport.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 19:07

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Mon 8 Aug - 19:12

The truth is out there, and maybe more 'X-Files' on Fox
Aug. 8, 2016 9:58 PM EDT

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — Significant talks are underway with "The X-Files" stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny and creator Chris Carter for more of the drama series, Fox's entertainment president said.

"Schedules are hard, but we are working hard to get this done and we would love to get another season out soon," programming chief David Madden told a TV critics meeting Monday.

Fox touted the 16 million viewers who watched each of the six episodes that brought the 1993-2002 sci-fi series back to this year.

But what about the mixed reviews it got, reporters asked Madden and Dana Walden, chairman and CEO of Fox Television Group. Because the series had been off the air for so long, it faced the challenge of filling in its larger "mythology" and fast-forwarding the characters' lives, Walden said.

"Going forward, there won't be the same obligation to reset the series," she said.

Walden disputed the characterization of how the show was received, saying it earned glowing reviews as well as negative ones. The chatter on Fox's social media platforms was overwhelmingly positive, she added.

"I think that there was some very strong work throughout the season, and we look forward to more," Madden said, defending Carter and his production team.

Bigstory.ap.org

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 8 Aug - 19:14

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Mon 8 Aug - 19:15

Fox bosses keen to bring back The X-Files

The truth may still be out there for fans of The X-Files amid reports the cult sci-fi show is heading back to TV for another season.

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson's show returned for a six-episode revival at the beginning of 2016, and it appears TV bosses were so impressed, they're keen to bring agents Mulder and Scully back for another run.

Fox Entertainment executives made it clear they're working on a new season at the Television Critics Association press day on Monday (08Aug16), with studio president David Madden telling the media, "We would obviously love to do another season."

"There are significant talks going on with all three of the principals," he added. "Schedules are hard, but we're working hard to get this done and we would love to get another season out."

Season 10 of The X-Files hit TV screens 14 years after the sci-fi drama ended, and critics were mixed on Scully and Mulder's latest spooky adventures.

Dana Walden, the chairman and CEO of Fox Television Group, said, "The show was off the air for a very long time and was introduced to a variety of new viewers through a variety of platforms. Notwithstanding that, there was still a lot of time to cover in the six episodes, so they had the challenge of filling in the mythology and explaining where the characters were and how they got to where they are at the start of the six episodes.

"I think going forward there won't be the same obligation to reset the series, but I would tell you that on the social platforms, the chatter is overwhelmingly positive and the fans want more episodes. I did read some negative reviews and I also saw some glowing reviews. Like with most shows, I thought it was very mixed."

Film.news.co.uk

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content