The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

How David Duchovny keeps bagging himself hit multi-year series

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sat 18 Jun - 5:34

32 minutes ago
June 16, 2016

DAVID Duchovny signs up to TV shows not expecting them to get past the first season.

It’s not pessimism, he says — it’s reality.

But reality has never proved a barrier for the 55-year-old one time sci-fi star turned all around renaissance man.

The actor, known best for his multi-year stints on shows like The X-Files and Californication, is about to beat his first-season-flop fear again when his 1960s crime drama Aquarius makes a return for year two this month.

David Duchovny as LAPD detective Sam Hodiak in Aquarius. Picture: Supplied Source: Supplied

“If you look at my numbers, they just fly in the face of reality,” he says.

“I’ve done four shows and they’ve all gone multiple years and that just doesn’t ever happen.

“My tastes are not mainstream. Therefore I think if I’m attracted to something it will probably die a horrible lonely death.”

For season two of Aquarius, Duchovny returns as LAPD detective Sam Hodiak in the Charles Manson era.

“He’s trying to save the world that’s already been destroyed and I find that to be heroic in a doomed way which is the best kind of heroism in drama anyway,” Duchovny says.

It’s TV success stories like these, Duchovny says, that have allowed him to branch into other creative pursuits.

David Duchovnys success has allowed him to branch out into other areas such as writing and singing. Picture: Supplied.Source: Foxtel

The dual Ivy league degree holder is getting rave reviews for his March-released novel Bucky f------ Dent, as is his moves to dabble in music with his 2015 debut album Hell or Highwater.

“Part of it is getting to a point in my life where I had enough success in one area,” he says when asked if he was transitioning to all around renaissance guy.

“I’d love to say I have the balls to try all these new things without a net but in many ways my net was my success as an actor. So I can’t claim the bravery that I want to.”

He says it’s “liberating to go out and be a beginner again”.

“I don’t want to say it keeps you young but it makes you feel this way that’s wide-eyed and curious and I think that informs everything once you start living life that way.”

AQUARIUS

STREAMING NOW ON PRESTO

NewsComAu

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 109243
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How David Duchovny keeps bagging himself hit multi-year series

Post by sir on Sat 18 Jun - 5:35

Thanks