The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

‘Aquarius’ Tim Griffin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Watch Uinterview's Vine Tim Griffin

Post by jade1013 on Thu 16 Jun - 10:13

Tim Griffin talks about the #joy of working with David Duchovny on #aquarius #tv #timgriffin #davidduchovny #anchorman

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 110305
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ‘Aquarius’ Tim Griffin

Post by sir on Thu 16 Jun - 10:28

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 100670
Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody and Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2007-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 17 Jun - 13:22

Tim Griffin On David Duchovny, 'Aquarius'

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 17 Jun - 13:23

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 100670
Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody and Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2007-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

‘Aquarius’ Tim Griffin

Post by jade1013 on Thu 23 Jun - 12:11

‘Aquarius’ Tim Griffin: Charles Manson is like ‘if one of the Jonas brothers became a serial killer’

by Andrea Reiher at 12:06 PM on Jun 23, 2016

At the very end of Season 1, “Aquarius” introduced a new foe for protagonist Sam Hodiak (David Duchovny) in the form of Ron Kellaher (Tim Griffin), head of Internal Affairs who is on to Hodiak’s not-quite-above-board method of police work.

Griffin tells Zap2it that the showrunners had this Season 2 storyline planned since the show’s inception, and that he loves playing a foil for Duchovny.

“The creators of ‘Aquarius’ were my showrunners for ‘Prime Suspect’ and we were all like family on that show, so they wrote this character for me,” Griffin reveals. “I remember getting the call from John McNamara in Season 1, he goes, ‘How can we get you to be a part of this show?’ and they talked about making me one of the Beach Boys, or the Manson family — they had all these great ideas to try to coordinate me into the story.

“And then he said, ‘I got it. You’re going to be head of Internal Affairs, we’re going to tee you up to be the foil for David Duchovny’s character in Season 2’ and sure enough, here I am — and he does not disappoint.”

Griffin calls Duchovny one of “the smartest, most eloquent, charming, sharp-witted guys out there,” so sparring with him on screen definitely requires one “show up with your A-game.” He also says there’s more to Kellaher’s crusade than meets the eye.

"I'm mounting a campaign to basically get him canned, but then you realize there's a personal vendetta behind it as well. Not only do I think he's a dirty cop who doesn't fit in with the new police order -- just because you're a cop doesn't mean you're above the law -- but at the same time I have a personal vendetta against him, which they come to explain. It's brilliant, it's so much fun to play."

Can Griffin divulge any details about said vendetta?

"There's something about that, pardon my French, that shit-eating grin on Sam Hodiak's face that Ron Kellaher wants nothing more than to wipe that shit-eating grin off his face. But then you come realize it goes deeper. That's all I'll say. But it's hilarious," teases Griffin.

While appearing in scenes with Duchovny is an actor's dream come true, Griffin does lament the fact that he doesn't get to be involved with the Manson family storyline.

"They are two separate storylines and I am strictly dealing with the politics of the police department. I'm not involved in any of Sam's cases, except to keep tabs on all of the ways that he is gaming the system," says Griffin. "That's the only thing I care about -- that he's a dirty cop, in my mind, from my perspective. I'm all about Hodiak and cleaning up the department."

But he adds, "Me personally, Tim Griffin, is fascinated by the Manson case and I think it's so brave of NBC to tackle the subject matter, because they don't pull any punches. It is a visceral, amazing show. The writing is so good. When I would be reading the scripts, I was learning things about how Manson came to prominence -- I just can't believe it. It would be the equivalent today of if one of the Jonas brothers became a serial killer."

"Aquarius" airs Thursdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.

Zap2It

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Thu 23 Jun - 12:13

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir