The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

Duchovny and Anderson Return for THE X-FILES: COLD CASES

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Duchovny and Anderson Return for THE X-FILES: COLD CASES

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 8:23

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 108984
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 8:24

The X-Files Is Coming Back Again—Just Not on TV

After last year’s revival, Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny found another way to keep the show alive.

by YOHANA DESTA
APRIL 11, 2017 10:36 AM

Thhe X-Files is coming back—again—in the most 2017 way possible. No, no, not a TV revival; that’s been done, and it wasn’t exactly the flawless Dana Scully-Fox Mulder comeback everyone wanted to believe it would be. Though Fox got a ratings jolt from the special six-episode revival, it didn’t deliver the same delicious mystery fans got from the original series. But now, loyal X-Files fans are getting a new chance to revisit the franchise, complete with a reunion of David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson.

Audible is releasing a new audiobook titled The X-Files: Cold Cases, based on the graphic novel by Joe Harris, complete with Duchovny and Anderson reprising their roles as Mulder and Scully. Based on events that took place after the first X-Files movie, The X-Files: I Want to Believe, but before the 2016 revival, the story dives back into unsolved cold cases that have resurfaced after an FBI security breach. As a result, Mulder and Scully are pulled back into the fray, forced to help solve the looming conspiracy.

X-Files creator Chris Carter will executive produce the audiobook. Duchovny and Anderson will be joined by fellow former cast members Mitch Pileggi, who plays bespectacled FBI assistant director Walter Skinner, William B. Davis who plays the antagonistic Cigarette Smoking Man, and Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund, and Bruce Harwood, who play obsessive conspiracy theorist trio the Lone Gunmen.

Considering The X-Files has already spawned two movies and a reboot, branching off into an audiobook is the next best way to give fans still yearning for more a fresh take. What is an audiobook if not the elevated older sibling of the podcast, a format that has also undergone a renaissance in recent years? Audible has released a snippet of the upcoming audiobook, featuring Anderson reprising her role as Scully, calling for help as she runs away from a group of people in hoods and robes who chant as they chase after her. At one point, she addresses a girl named Emily, a character name that’ll sound the alarm for long time X-Files fans.

The X-Files: Cold Cases will be released on July 18, and is available for pre-order now.

Vanity.com

sir
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 100670
Registration date : 2007-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 8:25

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 9:23

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson Return for The X-Files Audiobook

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are returning to The X-Files universe for a new audiobook.

The stars will reprise their roles as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully in The X-Files: Cold Cases, an Audible Original project based on Joe Harris’ graphic novels. The X-Files creator Chris Carter will serve as producer and creative director on the project.

The storyline will take place between the 2008 movie The X-Files: I Want to Believe and 2016’s six-episode mini-series. It will detail why the special agents returned to their old jobs at America’s Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

The audiobook will be released on 18 July (17).

Meanwhile, Fox Entertainment executives are keen to bring agents Mulder and Scully back for another TV run and are planning a new season of the show.

“We would obviously love to do another season,” studio president David Madden said in August (16).

“There are significant talks going on with all three of the principals. Schedules are hard, but we’re working hard to get this done and we would love to get another season out.”‘

Season 10 of The X-Files hit TV screens 14 years after the sci-fi drama ended, and critics were mixed on Scully and Mulder’s latest spooky adventures.

Dana Walden, the chairman and CEO of Fox Television Group, added, “The show was off the air for a very long time and was introduced to a variety of new viewers through a variety of platforms.

Notwithstanding that, there was still a lot of time to cover in the six episodes, so they had the challenge of filling in the mythology and explaining where the characters were and how they got to where they are at the start of the six episodes.

“I think going forward there won’t be the same obligation to reset the series, but I would tell you that on the social platforms, the chatter is overwhelmingly positive and the fans want more episodes. I did read some negative reviews and I also saw some glowing reviews. Like with most shows, I thought it was very mixed.”

Hollywood.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody and Fox Mulder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 9:24

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 9:26

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson Will Voice Mulder and Scully in The X-Files Cold Cases Audio Series

Audible Studios will crack open unsolved mysteries in The X-Files Cold Cases audio series. Here is the first trailer.

Tony Sokol
Apr 11, 2017

Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Sculley, of the FBI unit X-Files, had a spotty arrest record. Their collars would slip out of holding cells through the cracks in the walls, out of their handcuffs by chewing off their arms or casually get out of a squad car while cops were distracted by the beautiful cerulean blue of a passing pedestrian. And let’s face it, it’s tough to extradite an extraterrestrial. Some cases are hard to crack. Audible Studios plans to release the stories that didn’t make the series in original audio series The X-Files: Cold Cases. David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will voice FBI agents Mulder and Scully. Audible will release the audio series on July 18.

The novels pick up after the events of the film X-Files: I Want to Believe. The X-Files: Cold Cases is based on Joe Harris’ graphic novels. Chris Carter, who created The X-Files, is on board as creative director. The series was adapted for audio by Dirk Maggs (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Alien: Out of the Shadows).

“Cold Cases marks yet another thrilling addition to the pantheon of X-Files stories,” reads the publisher’s synopsis. “Featuring a mind-blowing and otherworldly soundscape of liquefying aliens, hissing creatures, and humming spacecraft, listeners get to experience the duo's investigations like never before.

“A database breach at FBI headquarters allows an unknown group to access and capitalize on those investigations left unsolved - dubbed cold cases - by the secret department once known as The X-Files. As friends and foes of the agency long thought gone begin to inexplicably reappear, former agents Mulder and Scully come out of anonymity to face a growing conspiracy that involves not only their former department but the US government and forces not of this world.”

Mitch Pileggi will return to voice FBI Assistant Director Walter Skinner. Fans will also hear the smoke from Cigarette Smoking Man’s (William B. Davis) Morley Cigarettes. The Lone Gunmen (Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund, and Bruce Harwood) will also lend their voices to the growing conspiracy theories.

The audio series comes a year after Fox revived The X-Files. X-Files: Cold Cases will fill in the backstory between the movie The X-Files: I Want to Believe and the resurrected miniseries.

X-Files: Cold Cases will be available July 18. The truth is out there. You just have to listen.

Den of Geek

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 9:26

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 10:46

The X-Files' is coming back, but not the way you're imagining

While we're waiting to see whether Fox will greenlight another season of The X-Files following last year's divisive revival, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson have taken pity on us and brought Mulder and Scully back to life for one more investigation — with a twist.

The duo are reprising their iconic roles for a new Audible audiobook, X-Files: Cold Cases, based on the graphic novels by Joe Harris. Okay, it's not quite as good as watching the show, but we'll take what we can get.

The tale takes place after the events of the second movie, X-Files: I Want to Believe, and before the revival season, centered around a data breach at FBI headquarters that pulls the former agents back into action.

Duchovny and Anderson aren't the only stars lending their voices to the dramatization — they'll be joined by Mitch Pileggi (Walter Skinner),  William B. David (The Cigarette Smoking Man) and the Lone Gunmen themselves: Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund and Bruce Harwood.

The truth is still out there, and now it's in our ears.

Mashable.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 10:46

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 10:55

Horror Movie News

DUCHOVNY AND ANDERSON REPRISE X-FILES ROLES FOR AUDIOBOOK

4 hours agoby: Cody Hamman

In the build-up to Fox's six episode 2016 revival of The X-Files, I confessed that I had hardly watched any episodes of the show's initial nine season run (and had never seen either of the feature films). I considered catching up on The X-Files before that short tenth season made it to the airwaves... but I didn't. When it comes to The X-Files, I remain out of the loop.

While it's unclear if/when there will be another season of the TV show, a new chapter is being added to the canon in a different medium. Audible Studios has announced that they are producing an audiobook version of Joe Harris's graphic novel series The X-Files: Cold Cases.

The X-Files creator Chris Carter is serving as executive producer and creative director on the audio production, with Dirk Maggs adapting the comic book story for audio.

What makes this Cold Cases project really intriguing is the fact that the show's cast will be reprising their roles for it - David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will be delivering the performances for special agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, as it should be, and they are joined in the vocal cast by Mitch Pileggi as Assistant Director Walter Skinner, William B. Davis as the Cigarette Smoking Man, and Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund, and Bruce Harwood as the Lone Gunmen.

Set after the events of THE X-FILES: I WANT TO BELIEVE and providing additional backstory to the incidents that pulled Mulder and Scully out of reclusion prior to 2016's miniseries revival, a database breach at FBI headquarters allows an unknown group to access and capitalize on those investigations left unsolved – dubbed cold cases – by the secret department once known as The X-Files. As friends and foes of the agency long thought gone begin to inexplicably reappear, former agents Mulder and Scully come out of anonymity to face a growing conspiracy that involves not only their former department but the US government and forces not of this world.

Audible Originals will be releasing The X-Files: Cold Cases on July 18th. The audio production can be pre-ordered on Amazon right here.

This gives me something else to catch up on when I finally start to examine The X-Files.

Joblo.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 10:56

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 11:16

The X-Files cast reunite for Cold Cases

APRIL 11, 2017 BY GARY COLLINSON

Although there’s been no official word whether Mulder and Scully will return for another season of The X-Files on Fox, it has been announced that David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will be reprising their roles for The X-Files: Cold Cases, a new audio book based upon the graphic novel from Joe Harris.

Here’s the official description: “Set after the events of The X-Files: I Want to Believe and providing additional backstory to the incidents that pulled Mulder and Scully out of reclusion prior to 2016’s miniseries revival, a database breach at FBI headquarters allows an unknown group to access and capitalize on those investigations left unsolved – dubbed cold cases – by the secret department once known as The X-Files. As friends and foes of the agency long thought gone begin to inexplicably reappear, former agents Mulder and Scully come out of anonymity to face a growing conspiracy that involves not only their former department but the US government and forces not of this world.”

The X-Files: Cold Cases is set for release on July 18th 2017, and will see Duchovny and Anderson joined in the voice cast by Mitch Pileggi (Skinner), William B. Davis (The Cigarette Smoking Man) and Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund and Bruce Harwood (The Lone Gunmen).

Flickeringmyth.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 11:17

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 11:20

X-Files Stars To Reunite For For Audiobook

April 11, 2017 | Posted by Joseph Lee

Superhero Hype reports that the cast of The X-Files will reunite for an audiobook based on the TV series called The X-Files: Cold Cases. This includes David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Mitch Pileggi, Willliam B. Davis, Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund and Bruce Harwood. It’s based on a graphic novel by Joe Harris with creative direction from series creator Chris Carter. It will be adapted by Dirk Maggs (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Alien: Out of the Shadows). It will be released on July 18. You can pre-order it for $24.95 here.

Here’s a synopsis: Set after the events of The X-Files: I Want to Believe and providing additional backstory to the incidents that pulled Mulder and Scully out of reclusion prior to 2016’s miniseries revival, a database breach at FBI headquarters allows an unknown group to access and capitalize on those investigations left unsolved – dubbed cold cases – by the secret department once known as The X-Files. As friends and foes of the agency long thought gone begin to inexplicably reappear, former agents Mulder and Scully come out of anonymity to face a growing conspiracy that involves not only their former department but the US government and forces not of this world.

411mania.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 11:20

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 11:25

“The X-Files” Cast Reunite For Audio Book

By Garth Franklin
Tuesday, April 11th 2017 9:58 am

The cast of “The X-Files” is set to reunite, albeit in an unexpected way – an audio book based on the TV series for Audible.

A new video issued by the audio book company confirms that actors David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Mitch Pileggi, Willliam B. Davis, Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund and Bruce Harwood will provide voices for the audio book titled “The X-Files: Cold Cases”.

The story is based on the graphic novel by Joe Harris with creative direction from series creator Chris Carter. Set after the events of “The X-Files: I Want to Believe” but prior to the 2016 revival, the book provides additional backstory to the incidents that pulled Mulder and Scully out of reclusion.

In the book a database breach at FBI headquarters allows an unknown group to access and capitalize on those investigations left unsolved – dubbed cold cases – by the secret department once known as The X-Files.

As friends and foes of the agency long thought gone begin to inexplicably reappear, former agents Mulder and Scully come out of anonymity to face a growing conspiracy that involves not only their former department but the US government and forces not of this world.

“The X-Files: Cold Cases” audio book will be released on July 18th.

Dark Horizons

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 11:25

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 11:25

X-FILES: ANDERSON, DUCHOVNY & MORE RETURN FOR AUDIOBOOK ADAPTATION
1 hour ago

by Andrew Paul

X-Files: Anderson, Duchovny & More Return for Audiobook Adaptation
Last year, “X-Files” fans finally got what they’d long been waiting with a new, tenth mini-season featuring much of the Fox show’s original cast. Everyone involved promised more conspiratorial tales yet to be told, and a new announcement makes good on that — Agents Scully and Mulder are soon coming to headphones near you.

Audible has announced an upcoming audio dramatization of Joe Harris’ and Chris Carter’s “X-Files: Cold Cases” graphic novel series that will feature pretty much all of the show’s mainstay cast. David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are both on board, of course, but so are Mitch Pileggi, William B. Davis, and the Lone Gunmen themselves — Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund and Bruce Harwood. Check out the full announcement video and cover art below.

CBR

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 11:26

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 11:31

The X-Files Is Coming Back In Audio Book Form

by Sarah Crocker4 hours ago

Get ready to go on a new X-Files adventure with Mulder and Scully. This full-cast Audible adaptation of X-Files: Cold Cases will premiere on July 18.

The X-Files wrapped up its main television run in 2002. However, this vastly popular sci-fi series never really faded away. Between the follow-up comics, the novels, and that short return to TV last year, no one’s forgotten the show. Since their debut in 1993, FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully have in fact become indelible parts of American culture.

Luckily for fans of spooky science fiction, The X-Files is coming back again, this time courtesy of Audible. The audiobook platform will be releasing X-Files: Cold Cases, based on the graphic novels by Joe Harris and X-Files creator Chris Carter. It’s set in between the “Season 10” comics, but before the events of the 2016 television show.

Where are Mulder and Scully

So, what are Mulder and Scully up to after all this time? According to the official summary:

a database breach at FBI headquarters allows an unknown group to access and capitalize on those investigations left unsolved – dubbed cold cases – by the secret department once known as The X-Files. As friends and foes of the agency long thought gone begin to inexplicably reappear, former agents Mulder and Scully come out of anonymity to face a growing conspiracy that involves not only their former department but the US government and forces not of this world.

But, unlike many other audio books, this won’t just be the work of a single narrator. Instead, Audible sprang for a full cast recording. David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson return as Mulder and Scully, of course. Meanwhile, Mitch Pileggi reprises his role as their boss, FBI Assistant Director Walter Skinner.

The cast also includes William B. Davis as the Cigarette Smoking Man and Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund, and Bruce Harwood as the Lone Gunmen. Now, we only have to wonder who else may be coming back. Moreover, do we dare hope to get some fun alien voices out of the mix?

Though you’ll have to wait until the summer for X-Files: Cold Cases to come out, you can preorder it at Audible here. The audio book will officially release on July 18.

Culturess

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 11:31

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 11:32

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson Are Returning to The X-Files Again—This Time, in an Audiobook

By David Canfield

Mulder and Scully are making another return from the TV-dead to solve crimes—only this time, it won’t be on the small-screen. On Monday, Audible Studios announced that iconic X-Files duo David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson would reprise their roles for an audiobook of Joe Harris’ graphic novels, and that original series creator Chris Carter is confirmed to helm the new production.

Titled X-Files: Cold Cases, the audiobook will explore events between the 2008 movie I Want to Believe and the 2016 revival series (which was pretty uneven, save for that great third episode). A teaser released by Audible finds the franchise’s creative team eager to get back into the world yet again, promising “the exact same thing” for diehard fans and teasing the involvement of other favorites, including supporting stars Dean Haglund and Mitch Pileggi. And if that’s not enough anticipation for you, Audible has also released an excerpt of Cold Cases, to give you an idea of what a sound-only X-Files experience will be like. It’s a good one, too, with a palpable sense of danger and suspense and some juicy details of what exactly the production will explore.

Audio

Slate.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 11:32

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 12:05

Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny Reunite for ‘X-Files’ Audiobook

Posted on Tuesday, April 11th, 2017 by Hoai-Tran Bui

For the X-Files fans who still want to believe in an infinite well of supernatural stories, you’re in luck.

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will be reprising the roles of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully in a new audio production titled The X-Files: Cold Cases. The audiobook is based on Joe Harris’ comic series, taking place after the events of the 2008 film The X-Files: I Want to Believe and provide more details on the events between the movie and Fox’s 2016 miniseries revival.

The “cold cases” in the title refer to the unsolved X-Files cases that have been accessed by an unknown group during an FBI database breach, according to Variety. Mulder and Scully are forced to come out of hiding and face a growing conspiracy involving — what else — the U.S. government and otherworldly forces, as old allies and enemies begin to re-emerge from the woodwork.

In addition to Duchovny and Anderson, the audiobook will bring back X-Files characters Assistant Director Walter Skinner (Mitch Pileggi), the Cigarette-Smoking Man (William B. Davis), the Lone Gunmen (Tom Braidwood), Richard “Ringo” Langly (Dean Haglund) and John Fitzgerald Byers (Bruce Harwood).

In a short video teaser, Duchovny, Anderson and the returning cast members promote the audiobook and remark how it’s “comfortable falling back” into the characters.

The audiobook will be released by Audible Studios, and X-Files creator Chris Carter will serve as executive producer and creative director. Dirk Maggs, who previously worked on the radio version of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy and an audio drama adaptation of Alien: Out of the Shadows, adapted the novels to audio format.

This new audiobook is a good way to fill up our time while we wait for a follow-up to 2016’s six-episode 10th season. There has been no concrete confirmation of another season, though Fox is reportedly aiming to bring back the beloved supernatural series in 2018.

The uncertainty may be due to Duchovny and Anderson’s schedules — Anderson has several ongoing projects under her belt, starring in The Fall and American Gods, while Duchovny is appearing in the Twin Peaks revival — or the lukewarm reception of the Fox limited series revival, which was hindered by nostalgia fatigue. I was underwhelmed by the episodes, which made the right choice to lean more heavily on monster-of-the-week episodes instead of the dense show mythology, but still seemed to be lacking the spark that made the show so fresh when it first aired in the ’90s. I will look forward to a sequel however, even if it’s just because the last episode ended on a pretty unsatisfying cliffhanger.

In the meantime, this new audiobook arrives July 18 and is available for preorder.

Slashfilm

Last edited by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 12:07; edited 1 time in total

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 12:06

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 12:13

The X-Files Is Coming Back, But Not In The Way You Expected
APRIL 11, 2017Jon

THE X-FILES

NETWORK

CTV
FOX

CAST

David Duchovny
Gillian Anderson

In  all likelihood, The X-Files will be back on the air in 2018 or 2019, but an intriguing new reunion should help tide you over. Featuring seven key cast members—Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny, Tom Braidwood, Willliam B. Davis, Dean Haglund, Bruce Harwood, and Mitch Pileggi—and creative direction from series creator Chris Carter, The X-Files: Cold Cases is an audio book adaptation of the graphic novel by Joe Harris. Available from Audible for $24.95 (or free with a 30-day trail), this audio production will be available for download in July.

The official plot synopsis reveals that this story looks both forward and backward. Set after the events of The X-Files: I Want to Believe, Cold Cases provides additional backstory about the incidents that brought Mulder and Scully out of hiding. “A database breach at FBI headquarters allows an unknown group to access and capitalize on those investigations left unsolved—dubbed cold cases—by the secret department once known as The X-Files. As friends and foes of the agency long thought gone begin to inexplicably reappear, former agents Mulder and Scully come out of anonymity to face a growing conspiracy that involves not only their former department, but the U.S. government and forces not of this world.”

You can hear more when The X-Files: Cold Cases audio book hits Audible on July 18. For a very brief preview, check out the video below:

Space.ca

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 12:14

jade1013