The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

Duchovny and Anderson Return for THE X-FILES: COLD CASES

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Duchovny and Anderson Return for THE X-FILES: COLD CASES

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 12:13

The X-Files Is Coming Back, But Not In The Way You Expected
APRIL 11, 2017Jon

THE X-FILES

NETWORK

CTV
FOX

CAST

David Duchovny
Gillian Anderson

In  all likelihood, The X-Files will be back on the air in 2018 or 2019, but an intriguing new reunion should help tide you over. Featuring seven key cast members—Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny, Tom Braidwood, Willliam B. Davis, Dean Haglund, Bruce Harwood, and Mitch Pileggi—and creative direction from series creator Chris Carter, The X-Files: Cold Cases is an audio book adaptation of the graphic novel by Joe Harris. Available from Audible for $24.95 (or free with a 30-day trail), this audio production will be available for download in July.

The official plot synopsis reveals that this story looks both forward and backward. Set after the events of The X-Files: I Want to Believe, Cold Cases provides additional backstory about the incidents that brought Mulder and Scully out of hiding. “A database breach at FBI headquarters allows an unknown group to access and capitalize on those investigations left unsolved—dubbed cold cases—by the secret department once known as The X-Files. As friends and foes of the agency long thought gone begin to inexplicably reappear, former agents Mulder and Scully come out of anonymity to face a growing conspiracy that involves not only their former department, but the U.S. government and forces not of this world.”

You can hear more when The X-Files: Cold Cases audio book hits Audible on July 18. For a very brief preview, check out the video below:

Space.ca

sir
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 100670
Registration date : 2007-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 12:14

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 108984
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 12:16

Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny Reunite for ‘X-Files’ Audiobook

By acaldevilla, Tue, 11 Apr 2017

For the X-Files fans who still want to believe in an infinite well of supernatural stories, you’re in luck.

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will be reprising the roles of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully in a new audio production titled The X-Files: Cold Cases. The audiobook is based on Joe Harris’ comic series, taking place after the events of the 2008 film The X-Files: I Want to Believe and provide more details on the events between the movie and Fox’s 2016 miniseries revival.

The “cold cases” in the title refer to the unsolved X-Files cases that have been accessed by an unknown group during an FBI database breach, according to Variety. Mulder and Scully are forced to come out of hiding and face a growing conspiracy involving — what else — the U.S. government and otherworldly forces, as old allies and enemies begin to re-emerge from the woodwork.

In addition to Duchovny and Anderson, the audiobook will bring back X-Files characters Assistant Director Walter Skinner (Mitch Pileggi), the Cigarette-Smoking Man (William B. Davis), the Lone Gunmen (Tom Braidwood), Richard “Ringo” Langly (Dean Haglund) and John Fitzgerald Byers (Bruce Harwood).

In a short video teaser, Duchovny, Anderson and the returning cast members promote the audiobook and remark how it’s “comfortable falling back” into the characters.

The audiobook will be released by Audible Studios, and X-Files creator Chris Carter will serve as executive producer and creative director. Dirk Maggs, who previously worked on the radio version of  The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy and an audio drama adaptation of Alien: Out of the Shadows, adapted the novels to audio format.

This new audiobook is a good way to fill up our time while we wait for a follow-up to 2016’s six-episode 10th season. There has been no concrete confirmation of another season, though Fox is reportedly aiming to bring back the beloved supernatural series in 2018.

The uncertainty may be due to Duchovny and Anderson’s schedules — Anderson has several ongoing projects under her belt, starring in The Fall and American Gods, while Duchovny is appearing in the Twin Peaks revival — or the lukewarm reception of the Fox limited series revival, which was hindered by nostalgia fatigue. I was underwhelmed by the episodes, which made the right choice to lean more heavily on monster-of-the-week episodes instead of the dense show mythology, but still seemed to be lacking the spark that made the show so fresh when it first aired in the ’90s. I will look forward to a sequel however, even if it’s just because the last episode ended on a pretty unsatisfying cliffhanger.

In the meantime, this new audiobook arrives July 18 and is available for preorder.

The post Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny Reunite for ‘X-Files’ Audiobook appeared first on /Film.

Hetflix.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody and Fox Mulder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 12:17

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 12:32

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson Return for The X-Files Audiobook
April 11, 2017

(WENN) — David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are returning to "The X-Files" universe for a new audiobook.

The stars will reprise their roles as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully in "The X-Files: Cold Cases," an Audible Original project based on Joe Harris' graphic novels. The X-Files creator Chris Carter will serve as producer and creative director on the project.

The storyline will take place between the 2008 movie "The X-Files: I Want to Believe" and 2016's six-episode mini-series. It will detail why the special agents returned to their old jobs at America's Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

The audiobook will be released on July 18.

Meanwhile, Fox Entertainment executives are keen to bring agents Mulder and Scully back for another TV run and are planning a new season of the show.

"We would obviously love to do another season," studio president David Madden said in August. "There are significant talks going on with all three of the principals. Schedules are hard, but we're working hard to get this done and we would love to get another season out."

Season 10 of "The X-Files" hit TV screens 14 years after the sci-fi drama ended, and critics were mixed on Scully and Mulder's latest spooky adventures.

Dana Walden, the chairman and CEO of Fox Television Group, added, "The show was off the air for a very long time and was introduced to a variety of new viewers through a variety of platforms. Notwithstanding that, there was still a lot of time to cover in the six episodes, so they had the challenge of filling in the mythology and explaining where the characters were and how they got to where they are at the start of the six episodes.

"I think going forward there won't be the same obligation to reset the series, but I would tell you that on the social platforms, the chatter is overwhelmingly positive and the fans want more episodes. I did read some negative reviews and I also saw some glowing reviews. Like with most shows, I thought it was very mixed."

Foxchattanooga.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 12:33

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 13:11

David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson Are Bringing ‘The X Files’ Back With Audio Series ‘The X Files: Cold Cases’

PATRICK GRUNER APRIL 10TH, 2017 - 7:39 PM

Buy products for shows on this topic at | Amazon

The truth is out there, and now it’s coming to fans in a fresh new format.

Mulder and Scully are lending their voices to new stories fresh from every The X Files fans wildest dreams. David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson and a full cast are telling untold stories from the series in a new medium with brand new stories. Anyone who wondered about the stories behind the files will be treated to a reprise of stories straight from their favorite actors’ mouths that extend the tales already told.

You can watch the trailer here.

Per the new take’s publishers, “The series that had a generation looking to the sky gets a breathtaking audio reprise in an original full-cast dramatization featuring actors David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson returning to voice FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.”

The new Audible series will be chock full of storylines that appeared in graphic novels and other X: Files mediums but did not make their way into the series. All of the content is previously unseen by listeners, taking fans deeper into the world of The X Files into a format that is entirely new for fans of the series. Additional talent includes Mitch Pileggi, William B. Davis, Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund, and Bruce Hardwood.

This is The X Files in a way that fans haven’t experienced before, and producers are pulling out all of the stops to make it a brand new feel with “a rich sound design and music that returns fans to the Universe they’ve come to know and love with original material in an entirely new medium.”

For all the folks who still believe in further adventures for everyone’s favorite federal agents, this new dramatization of an all-time great television program will be out of this world. Pre-ordering for the new series is available at www.audible.com/xfiles. The full series will be released on July 18 of this year.

Television.mxdwn.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 13:12

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 13:16

There's A New X-Files Audio Book Feat. Scully And Mulder

Germain Lussier

Apr 12, 2017, 5:00am ⋅

Fans hoping for a little more Mulder and Scully to go along with the recent TV return are in luck. Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny lead a laundry list of X-Files cast members who are lending their voices to a brand new audio book.
David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson return to their iconic roles for a new audiobook. Image: Fox

The book is called X-Files: Cold Cases, and it's based on graphic novels by Joe Harris and Chris Carter. Taking place after the last movie but before the new TV show, Cold Cases will also feature the voices of Mitch Pileggi as FBI Assistant Director Walter Skinner; William B. Davis as the Cigarette Smoking Man; and Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund and Bruce Harwood as the Lone Gunmen.

So what's it about? Here's what the official press release has to say:

Set after the events of The X-Files: I Want to Believe and providing additional backstory to the incidents that pulled Mulder and Scully out of reclusion prior to 2016's miniseries revival, a database breach at FBI headquarters allows an unknown group to access and capitalise on those investigations left unsolved - dubbed cold cases - by the secret department once known as The X-Files. As friends and foes of the agency long thought gone begin to inexplicably reappear, former agents Mulder and Scully come out of anonymity to face a growing conspiracy that involves not only their former department but the US government and forces not of this world.
The book comes to Audible on July 18 but is up for preorder now at this link. Here's a brief teaser.

Kotaku.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 13:17

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 14:01

In UHQ

Credit: Philiater

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 14:02

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 14:23

The Cast Of ‘The X-Files’ Reunites For ‘The X-Files: Cold Cases’ On Audible Originals!
Posted 12 minutes ago by Stuart Conover

The truth will soon be on your headphones as Audible Originals has inked a deal with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson to reprise their roles of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully for a new audio book titled ‘The X-Files: Cold Cases.’ This will be great news for fans of Chris Carter‘s epic series as we wait for a continuation of the six-part ‘The X-Files Revival‘ which hit Fox last year and left us with a painful cliffhanger which we won’t see resolved until 2018. While it won’t be moving the series forward, on July 18th, 2017 we will hear cases based on the graphic novels by Joe Harris which takes place after the events in ‘The X-Files: I Want to Believe’ and before the revival.

The entire piece is being directed by Carter and will have “mind-blowing and otherworldly soundscape of liquefying aliens, hissing creatures, and humming spacecraft, listeners get to experience the duo’s investigations like never before.”

Joining our leads will be Mitch Pileggi and William B. Davis who are back as Walter Skinner and the Cigarette Smoking Man respectively. Oh, and we can’t forget The Lone Gunmen made up of actors Tom Braidwood, Bruce Harwood, and Dean Haglund.

You can check out a teaser for ‘The X-Files: Cold Cases’ in the video below. Yes, a teaser trailer for an audiobook. The irony is not lost on us!

I’m not going to lie when I saw that not only am I excited to hear this but that now I need to find the Joe Harris graphic novels which ultimately were released under my radar.

Are you looking forward to listening to ‘The X-Files: Cold Cases’ or are you impatiently waiting for the release of the next installment of the revival series on Fox at some point? Share your thoughts below!

Synopsis:

Providing additional backstory to the incidents that pulled Mulder and Scully out of reclusion prior to 2016’s miniseries revival, a database breach at FBI headquarters allows an unknown group to access and capitalize on those investigations left unsolved – dubbed cold cases – by the secret department once known as The X-Files. As friends and foes of the agency long thought gone begin to inexplicably reappear, former agents Mulder and Scully come out of anonymity to face a growing conspiracy that involves not only their former department but the US government and forces not of this world.

‘The X-Files: Cold Cases’ will be available on Audible on July 18th, 2017!

Sciencefiction.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 14:24

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 16:00

The Cast of ‘The X-Files’ Will Reunite for a New Audibook

Matthew Monagle | 16 minutes ago

Here’s a little bit of free relationship advice for you: find someone who loves you like David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson love playing Mulder and Scully. It’s been more than two decades  —  two decades!  —  since both actors debuted their iconic characters on Fox’s The X-Files, and even after nine seasons, a movie, another movie, and a sorta-miniseries, neither one shows any signs of slowing down. In an era where audiences seem to demand that actors love their characters as much as we do, there’s something refreshing about two performers who come by such affection naturally. Anderson in particular is a powerhouse star of stage and screen, but get her talking about Dana Scully and she’s just as passionate as any of us.

So color me completely unsurprised to see both actors returning for The X-Files: Cold Cases, a new audiobook set to launch this July. While some might wonder if the cast of The X-Files are beating a dead horse here, I’m actually inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. I can still remember my dog-eared  —  or whatever the audio equivalent of dog-eared is  —  collection of cassette tapes from the 1980s Star Wars radio drama, where stars like Mark Hamill and Anthony Daniels reprised their roles for a special NPR miniseries that, in a lot of ways, played a bigger role in my fandom than the movies themselves. Radio dramas and audiobooks alike offer us the chance to hear our favorite characters while imagining the actors not as they are but as the way we remember them growing up. For my money, there’s no better blend of sequel and nostalgia.

As for the potential for more X-Files in the future? The last we heard, Fox still had plans for a longer season in 2018, with studio executives noting back in January that an announcement could come “shortly.” That last part might not have worked out quite the way they hoped, but whether The X-Files is set to return or will die a quiet death, we’ll still get one more auditory adventure from the FBI’s most beloved undesirables.

Screencrush.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 16:01

The X-Files: David Duchovny & Gillian Anderson Reunite for Audio Book

Mulder and Scully are back together. Deadline reports David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson have reunited for an upcoming audio production, The X-Files: Cold Cases.

Based on the graphic novels by Joe Harris, the audio series takes place between The X-Files: I Want to Believe and the recent FOX miniseries revival. The story will see Mulder and Scully “come out of anonymity to face a growing conspiracy that involves not only their former department but the US government and forces not of this world.”

The X-Files: Cold Cases will be available on Audible on July 18th.

Watch a preview below:

What do you think? Are you an X-Files fan? Will you listen to the new audio series?

Tv Series Finale

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 16:01

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 16:07

X-files Cast Reuniting for New Audible Audio Drama
April 11, 2017

By Carol Pinchefsky for SyfyWire

X-Philes can never get enough of their favorite conspiracy theory series, The X-Files -- not even after two movies, multiple comic books, a short story collection, and a limited series in 2016. So what’s next for fans, who are still wondering if The Truth Is Out There? An audio drama!

Not just any audio drama, but one starring some familiar voices. In X-Files: Cold Cases, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will return as the stars of the show; Mitch Pileggi and Willliam B. Davis will provide ample aide and/or menace; and Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund, and Bruce Harwood will sound off as the geek chorus.

The X-Files: Cold Cases will be based on Joe Harris’ X-Files comics, although Audible has not said which one; Harris has written several series, including X-Files Season 10 and X-Files Season 11.

According to Audible, the new story is...

"Set after the events of The X-Files: I Want to Believe and providing additional backstory to the incidents that pulled Mulder and Scully out of reclusion prior to 2016's miniseries revival, a database breach at FBI headquarters allows an unknown group to access and capitalize on those investigations left unsolved -- dubbed cold cases -- by the secret department once known as The X-Files. As friends and foes of the agency long thought gone begin to inexplicably reappear, former agents Mulder and Scully come out of anonymity to face a growing conspiracy that involves not only their former department but the U.S. government and forces not of this world."

Audio dramas are some of the best entertainment you can get, as fans of Big Finish Productions will tell you. You get the feel of the series you know and love, and your imagination fills in the gaps. Even better: X-Files: Cold Cases will be produced by Dirk Maggs, whose credits include radio dramas of Batman, Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere, Judge Dredd, and later seasons of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

As Audible says, “The truth is out there. You just have to listen.”

I hear that.

The X-Files: Cold Cases will be released on July 18, 2017.

Fandom101.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 16:08

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 19:14

I pre-ordered the audio book! Also it’s based on the S10 comics so if you haven’t read that then you should and Emily is Scully’s patient not her daughter!

Source

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 19:15

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 11 Apr - 19:22

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 11 Apr - 19:22

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 12 Apr - 3:47

'X-Files’: Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny Reprise Scully and Mulder in Audiobook Episode (VIDEO)

April 12, 2017

Audible Studios announced on Monday that David Duchovny leading lady Gillian Anderson will be starring in a new audio production titled “The X: Files Cold Cases,” reprising their original roles as special agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.

The production is based on Joe Harris’s graphic novels, which are set after the events of the 2008 film “The X-Files: I Want to Believe” and provide more details about what transpired between the movie and Fox’s 2016 miniseries revival. “X-Files” creator Chris Carter will serve as executive producer and creative director. Dirk Maggs, who previously worked on “Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” and “Alien: Out of the Shadows,” adapted the novels to audio format.

The audiobook gets its name from the unsolved X-Files “cold cases” that have been accessed by an unknown group during an FBI database breach. Mulder and Scully are forced to come out of hiding and face a growing conspiracy involving the US government and otherworldly forces as allies and enemies thought gone begin to reappear.

Audible released an excerpt of the audiobook on Soundcloud. In the two-minute excerpt, Scully can be heard running and breathing hard while attempting to contact Deputy Director Walter Skinner to report that she is being pursued by chanting hooded members. She says that she has a gunshot wound in her left arm and believes the chanting to be a psychic attack. We hear just enough to know that Scully is in even more danger before the excerpt fades to the X-Files theme.

Other original cast members return as well: Mitch Pileggi as Assistant Director Walter Skinner, William B. Davis as the nemesis known as Cigarette Smoking Man, and Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund, and Bruce Harwood as beloved conspiracy trio the Lone Gunmen.

The audiobook will be released on July 18th and is available for preorder.

Highlight Hollywood

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 12 Apr - 7:29

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 12 Apr - 9:47

X-Files: Cold Cases Will Get an Audiobook Adaptation

Gel Galang April 12, 2017

That mini tenth season of the X-Files may have been the last time we’ll be seeing David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson together as Mulder and Scully (for now, at least). But that doesn’t mean it would be our last time hearing them reprise their roles.

A new Audible teaser has revealed the X-Files: Cold Cases, set to be released as an audiobook adaptation of the graphic novel with the same name by Joe Harris and Chris Carter. The graphic novel will take place in the middle of The X-Files: I Want to Believe and the 2016 revival, which means fans of the franchise will be given a glimpse into unsolved cases following the FBI security breach--meaning more conspiracies!

Apart from Duchovny and Anderson, other familiar names will be coming onboard the project. Mitch Pileggi will voice her role as FBI assistant director Walter Skinner, William B Davis as the Cigarette Smoking Man, and the trio of Lone Gunmen conspiracy theorists, portrayed by Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund, and Bruce Harwood.

Check out the teaser below and see what the audiobook is about.

X-Files: Cold Cases will be available on July 18, but preorders are already available.

Epicstream

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchovny on Wed 12 Apr - 11:27

thanks
Duchovny
Phantom