The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

X-Files News [spoilers]

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: X-Files News [spoilers]

Post by jade1013 on Thu 1 Jun - 11:30

Writer Glen Morgan Reveals He’s Back For The X-Files Season 11

June 1, 2017
Clare Sidoti

Credit: Jason Madara for Variety

The X-Files might not be returning to our screens until 2018, but the first bits of information about the upcoming 11th season are slowly starting to filter through.

We know that series creator Chris Carter is returning, as are series stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. The next season will also run for 10 episodes, up four from last year’s six-episode limited season. So what else do we have in store for us?

Writer and producer Glen Morgan recently spoke with Den of Geek, providing plenty to tease fans with, after all, what’s The X-Files without mystery, intrigue, and some red herrings thrown our way? And it looks like we are in for more of the same.

Morgan, who wrote last year’s “Home Again” as well as plenty of eps from the original series, including such iconic episodes as “Ice”, “Beyond the Sea”, “One Breath”, “Home” and “Never Again”, will be back and writing two of the episodes. At this early stage, he knows what one of these will be, but remained tight-lipped on the plot. However, he did also reveal another writer from the original series who is making a return – his brother Darin.

Darin famously starred as the Flukeman in season one’s “The Host” and as shapeshifter Eddie Van Blundht in “Small Potatoes” from season four. He also brought some weird, left-of-centre humour to the series, penning the episodes “Humbug”, “Clyde Bruckman’s Final Repose”, War of the Coprophages”, “Quagmire” and “Jose Chung’s From Outer Space”. Expect some more of the same from him in season 11 as we saw last season with “Mulder and Scully Meet The Were-monster”.

Ideas are currently being tossed around for episodes and storylines for the upcoming season, but what he didn’t provide any information on was the possible resolution of that almighty cliffhanger. The resolution of that particular storyline is going to be left up to Carter (should we be worried?).

The X-Files will be back midseason on FOX. If you need a Mulder and Scully fix before then, head over to Audible in July where a series of audio dramas will be available. Featuring both Duchovny and Anderson along with other famous series voices, The X-Files: Cold Cases will fill in events from between the second film outing and the last season.

4 Your Excitement

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 110171
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchovny on Thu 1 Jun - 11:55

thanks

Duchovny
Phantom
Phantom

Number of posts : 16801
Registration date : 2011-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 2 Jun - 8:52

X-Files Exclusive: James Wong Confirmed To Write, Details On Season 11 Plot

We've confirmed that James Wong will return to write for the X-Files season 11.

Matt Allair
Jun 2, 2017

When The X-Files season 11 was announced, there was mix of excitement and some trepidation with fans about whom might be involved with the season. 

We’ve already confirmed Glen and Darin Morgan will be back to write for for The X-Files season 11. Now another key piece to the X-Files creative staff spoke with Den of Geek on his involvement in the new season. 

James Wong, best known for his work on the early seasons of the X-Files, confirmed he will write and direct two of the upcoming 10 episodes of The X-Files. Wong's other notable projects include MillenniumAmerican Horror Story and the Final Destination franchise.

When asked about what story ideas he had in mind for the new episodes, he did reveal one idea was already written. “I have one I am excited to do," he said. "I talked it over with Chris and everybody is on board and we’re going ahead with that, but the other one I am still noodling and figuring out what I should be doing.”

Wong wrote and directed “Founder’s Mutation,” the second highest rated episodes of the 2016 revival. Many of Wong’s X-Files episodes, including the chillingly scary “Home,” which he co-wrote with his frequent collaborator Glen Morgan, have become iconic in X-Files history.

He thoughtfully explained more about where season 11 might lead The X-Files storylines: “You know, we want do to mythology stories and stories that connect with each other, but I think we’re still interested in doing stand alone stories. I think the second episode I do will be more of a standalone story, and the first one will have some connections to the mythology, but not as connected as Chris’s episodes.”

When asked about any other surprises in store with this season’s writing team, or directors, and if there might be some new faces involved from season 10, he clarified: “Were still finalizing that. I know that’s talk about people [who] might do additional scripts, but I don’t think we’re set with what those surprises might be. Everybody wants guys that have worked on it to be back and whom we’d love to work with, but everybody is so busy, you know. It’s really hard to get people [to commit]. I’m juggling a couple of things with American Horror Story, and this, so I can understand why people would be reluctant. Like, Vince [Gilligan] might be too busy, we’re seeing if Howard [Gordon] is available, but it’s hard.”
We’ve previously spoke to Vince Gilligan, who was doubtful he’d be able to find time to write for this season of The X-Files.

We’ll have more details and continue track what to expect in The X-Files season 11.

Den of Geek’s X-Files correspondent Matt Allair is a writer, freelance filmmaker, musician, and the webmaster of The X-Files Lexicon.

Den of Geek US

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Thu 8 Jun - 12:44

The X-Files season 11: release date, news, comic, cast and everything you need to know

The truth is in here.

© 20th Century Fox

By Sam Ashurst
8 June 2017

Good news, everyone! The X-Files season 11 is a sure thing, because Fox have actually properly officially confirmed it and so we're off to the woods to get abducted by aliens in celebration.

But before we do that, we're going to tell you everything you need to know about the next season of our very favourite FBI-investigates-creepy-stuff-while-the-two-leads-have-insane-chemistry show. We'll be updating this article as we gather more titbits from our Pentagon sources.

The X-Files season 11 release date: When is it on?

© Fox

"Iconic characters, rich storytelling, bold creators – these are the hallmarks of great TV shows. And they are some of the reasons why The X-Files has had such a profound impact on millions of fans worldwide," Fox president David Madden said in April, following up on this brilliant announcement tweet.

"Chris' creativity, along with the brilliant work of David and Gillian, continue to propel this pop-culture phenomenon, and we can't wait to see what fresh mysteries Mulder and Scully uncover in this next chapter of The X-Files," Madden said.

Production is due to start this summer, with an air date set for in the 2017-2018 season.

It can't come soon enough – we NEED a resolution for season 10's deeply disturbing cliffhanger, please.

Though if you can't wait until then, Audible will be putting out prequel podcasts voiced by Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny.

The X-Files season 11 plot: What are they getting up to?

© Getty Images FOX

Since the announcement, we've have a few news pieces leaking out of that big warehouse where Fox keeps all of their secrets.

Producer Glen Morgan will be writing two episodes (he only knows what one of those two will be, but he will do another), and his brother Darin will also be getting back into action for the show.

James Wong is also returning for two episodes, and he's revealed a little bit about the structure of the new series.

"You know, we want do to mythology stories and stories that connect with each other, but I think we're still interested in doing standalone stories.

"I think the second episode I do will be more of a standalone story, and the first one will have some connections to the mythology, but not as connected as Chris's episodes."

WHICH IS VERY EXCITING ISN'T IT?

We also now know the show will run for 10 episodes, which is a definite improvement on 10's six-episode season.

We're sure there's plenty of writers who'll be pitching stories about skateboarding werewolves or whatever for the remaining six episodes that haven't been taken by Morgan and Wong.

The X-Files season 11 comic

Slightly confusingly, The X-Files season 11 already exists and you can "watch" it right now… as long as you're prepared to pretend that a comic book is a television.

Yep, when it looked unlikely that the show would ever come back to TV screens, IDW decided to create comic-book season sequels.

In that universe, season 11 revolved around Fox Mulder being turned into a Edward Snowden-style figure by the US government, and going on the run as a result.

It also saw a return for chess prodigy Gibson Praise as the season's big bad.

Do not expect to see any of these elements in the proper telly version, mainly because the comic wasn't very good – it's not going to appear on any best-of lists any time soon.

The X-Files season 11 cast: Who's in it?

© Twitter

The X-Files revival doesn't work without Scully (Gillian Anderson) and Mulder (David Duchovny), so, yeah, they're definitely coming back.

We'd also expect our old pals Walter Skinner (Mitch Pileggi), 'The Cigarette Smoking Man' (William B Davis) and the 'Lone Gunmen' (Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund, and Bruce Harwood) to drop in.

Season 10 had plenty of guest stars, including Joel McHale, Annabeth Gish, Rhys Darby and Kumail Nanjiani, so we'd expect equivalent names to turn up on the season 11 cast list.

We're going to put on our tin foil hats and guess that Gillian Jacobs, Katey Sagal, Jemaine Clement and TJ Miller will all appear in season 11, but that's complete guesswork on our part. We have less evidence than a very Spooky FBI agent.

Keep coming back to this page for all the latest X-Files season 11 news, because the truth, gossip and rumours will be out there, and then in here.

DigitalSpy.com

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sun 11 Jun - 6:22

'The X-Files' season 11 - everything you need to know

FOX has already confirmed the return of Dana Scully and Fox Mulder, but will there be a set of new faces to watch out for?

Toti Zamora
Expert in Showbiz & Tv

Curated by Parasshuram Shalgar
Published on: 11 June 2017

The X-Files' Season 11: FOX Confirms More Episodes, 2018 Premiere ... - enstarz.com  

FOX has already given the green light for "The X-Files" season 11 and the network even had an official announcement for the said series. Now that the 11th season is out in the open, fans are curious about the major details like the air date and possible new cast members.

Previous reports revealed that aside from #gillian anderson and #David Duchovny, who play the role of Dana Scully and Fox Mulder respectively, a new set of characters will reportedly be introduced to the series. This has remained unconfirmed by the showrunners but there might be new developments and details uncovered in the recent weeks.

The success of "The X-Files" franchise is undeniably a product of the great imagination and creativity of Chris Carter and the excellent portrayal of lead actors, Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny.

With millions of fans worldwide, "The X-Files" season 11 cast and crew are in for a wild ride as they return to the small screen.

Fresh mysteries for Mulder and Scully

According to "The X-Files" season 11 spoilers, Mulder and Scully will encounter all new mysteries, some of which they have never imagined dealing with in their entire careers as supernatural investigators. Some spoilers also suggest that the series might touch a bit on the supernatural side of social media.

Of course, the cliffhanger scene from "The X-Files" season 10 finale will also be dealt with to give the fans a well-deserved closure. For the fans who can't wait for the official air date of the upcoming season, they can listen to prequel Podcasts powered by Audible. The voices behind the podcasts are of Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny, so it couldn't get more authentic than this.

The warehouse of secrets

When people mention "The X-Files," the most common thing that comes to mind is the vast, lush forest where Scully and Mulder stumble upon different mysteries. However, spoilers for the upcoming season have been dropping hints around the warehouse where Fox keeps a lot of secrets.

James Wong, one of the producers of the longest-running TV series, has revealed that he will be returning to work on a few episodes. He also teased the fans by saying that while they are open to mythological plot twists that seem to interconnect with one another, they are also working on some standalone stories.

Another producer, Glenn Morgan, has also revealed that he will be working on two episodes for "The X-Files" season 11. With the convergence of the classic production team and cast, FOX's upcoming pop-culture supernatural TV series revival is expected to be a big hit among viewers of all ages, which is targeted to be aired for the 2017-2018 season.

Blasting News

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchovny on Sun 11 Jun - 7:43

thanks
Duchovny
Phantom
Phantom

Number of posts : 16801
Emploi : Housewife
Your favorite David's role : Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2011-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by foxandrat on Thu 15 Jun - 11:09

jade1013 wrote:X-Files in Globe

Globe, May 15 issue

The X-Files is returning but critics wonder if it can compete against other shows

Source: bluesandbooks

I still can't believe FOX wanted more XF episodes after last year's "revival" farce!
IMO, TXF is over, it has been since 2002 - anything after 2002 has been sh*t.
I'll watch the new episodes, of course, but I'm not looking forward to them at all.
I wish Scully wasn't going to be in them, GA was awful in that "revival".
At least DD will be back as Mulder, and at least DD can still find that character. I'm thankful for that.
foxandrat
Twin Peaks
Twin Peaks

Number of posts : 80
Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody
Registration date : 2017-06-07

View user profile http://www.foxandrat-xfiles.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Jun - 13:30

Courtesy of Fox

The X-Files Season 11 Writers Revealed: Who's Back? Who's Missing?

By Michael Ausiello / June 26 2017, 12:42 PM PDT

The gang’s (almost all) back together.

X-Files creator Chris Carter has finalized the writers room for the series’ forthcoming 10-episode 11th season, and, like last year’s revival (aka Season 10), it’s stacked with franchise vets.

Most notably, Carter will once again reunite with former producers Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan and James Wong, each of whom were responsible for writing and directing one of Season 10’s six episodes. (Darin Morgan’s installment, “Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster,” was widely viewed as the revival’s strongest outing.)

The quartet will be joined by relative newcomers Gabe Rotter (who served as a writers assistant on Season 9), Benjamin Van Allen (a writers assistant on Season 10) and Brad Follmer (Carter’s personal assistant during Season 8 and 9, and not to be confused with the character Brad Follmer, played by Cary Elwes in Season 9).

It’s not clear how many episodes each of the seven writers will be personally responsible for, but it’s probably safe to say that Carter will again preside over the premiere and the finale.

Fans hoping that Season 11 would mark the return of two other X-Files behind-the-scenes MVPs — former scribes Vince Gilligan and Frank Spotnitz — are sadly out of luck. Neither the Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul creator nor the ex-Man in the High Castle showrunner will be involved in Season 11.

Production on Season 11 begins later this summer ahead of an early 2018 launch.

TVLine

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Jun - 14:44

‘The X-Files’ Season 11 Fills Its Writers’ Room With All-Male Staff

To quote the Season 3 episode "Syzygy": "Sure. Fine. Whatever." At least Darin Morgan's back?

Liz Shannon Miller
48 mins ago

Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny in “The X-Files”
Ed Araquel/FOX

“The X-Files” was always a show where the quality depended largely on the writing, so paying attention to who would sign up for the upcoming Season 11 has been a high priority for fans.

And now we know: TV Line is reporting that creator Chris Carter has re-enlisted writers Darin Morgan, Glen Morgan, and James Wong (who all worked on Season 10) for the new season, which is shooting this summer for a early 2018 release.

In addition, three new writers have been selected to help complete the 10 episodes ordered by Fox earlier this year. And the new kids in town are Gabe Rotter, Benjamin Van Allen, and Brad Follmer — the first two were writers’ assistants on Seasons 9 and 10, while Follmer was Carter’s personal assistant during the show’s original run.

That’s right: In the year 2017, a major broadcast drama is going with an all-male writers’ room. It speaks to the power Carter has at Fox — Rotter, Van Allen and Follmer have a total of one previous writing credit amongst the three of them — but these assistants clearly forged a connection with their former boss.

Oh, and one other thing: With seven writers set to write 10 episodes, that means we could see Carter write up to three episodes on his own.

In the lead-up to Season 10, Carter told IndieWire that the reason he stuck with writers he’d worked with during the original series for the revival was the short timeframe and his concern that new writers wouldn’t be able to match the original style of the series.

‘I think it would have been a mistake, because you want to make good on a promise,” he said then. “You don’t want to take a chance. If it didn’t work you’d be sunk because there is no way to recover if someone wrote a script and it didn’t work. The clock is ticking. The clock is always ticking in series television. You don’t have a chance to make a mistake. You have to put it on the page first and you can’t fix it in post, no matter how much you rely on your post-production process. If it’s not there to begin with, it’s very hard to manufacture quality.”

When pushed to name other writers he’d love to see write an episode, his picks were Charlie Kaufman and Aaron Sorkin. Looks like they — or any other woman writer working in Hollywood today — weren’t available.

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will star in Season 11 of “The X-Files,” premiering early 2018.

IndieWire

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Jun - 17:32

The X-Files: Some of Your Favorites Are Coming Back to Write Season 11

By Tim Surette | Jun 26, 2017 4:25 PM EDT

With its track record of mixing mythology and standalone episodes, The X-Files has relied heavily on its stable of writers to tell the creepiest, strangest and funniest stories. And with 10 seasons under its belt, certain writers have become fan favorites over others.

The truth about the roster of writers for the series' eleventh season -- second of Fox's reboot -- has been dug up by TV Line, and there's a bit of a mixed bag of old favorites and newbies. But most importantly, Darin Morgan is back, thankfully!

Morgan -- who wrote Season 10's excellent "Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster" -- headlines the list of seven writers booked to pen Season 11's 10 episodes. Creator Chris Carter will obviously return as well, likely handling the premiere and finale, as has been the case in the past.

Other returnees from Season 10 include Glen Morgan, who wrote "Home Again," and James Wong, who wrote "Founder's Mutation." Wong and Glen Morgan have written several other episodes of The X-Files during its initial run, including the nightmare-inducing "Home."

Other names in the writers room this year include former Season 9 writer's assistant Gabe Rotter, Season 10 writers' assistant Benjamin Van Allen and Chris Carter's assistant Brad Follmer.

Fox hopes excitement over The X-Files reboot continues as Season 10 gave the network some of its best numbers last year, though that was in part due to curiosity after such a long absence and an NFL premiere push. Actual fan and critics' response to the return was mixed, with "Were-Monster" considered one of the series' finest moments, but the alien mythology episodes missing the mark.

The X-Files returns sometime during the 2017-2018 season.

TV Guide

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Jun - 17:38

X-Files Assembles Season 11 Writers’ Room

By Timothy Lammers 1 hour ago

The X-Files creator Chris Carter has assembled a mostly familiar team of writers for the upcoming 11th season of the hit sci-fi series. The first season of The X-Files, of course, dates back to 1993, and it developed a loyal following for nine seasons until the series ended its run in 2002. Starring David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson as a pair of FBI agents investigating claims of the paranormal, The X-Files was so huge that it merited the theatrical feature The X-Files in the midst of the show’s run in 1998; and reunited the stars for a second feature film in 2008 with The X-Files: I Want to Believe.

After eight years of being off the case, Duchovny and Anderson’s agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully got back together once again in 2016, this time for the hit six-part X-Files revival on FOX. Also bringing back series favorites like FBI honchos Walter Skinner (Mitch Pileggi, Cigarette Smoking Man) and the conspiracy theory trio The Lone Gunmen (Tom Braidwood, Bruce Harwood and Dean Haglund), Season 10 of The X-Files left fans begging for more, and their wishes were granted when FOX announced in the spring that Season 11 was happening with a 2018 mid-season launch.

According to TV Line, Carter announced Monday his writers’ lineup for the 10-episode 11th season The X-Files, which will include three major creative forces from season 10. Carter will be involved, of course, along with producers Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan, and James Wong — who each penned and directed one of the six episodes last year. Rounding out the roster are names that have previous ties to The X-Files, including season 9 writers’ assistant Gabe Rotter; season 10 writers’ assistant Benjamin Van Allen; and Brad Follmer, who served as Carter’s assistant on seasons 8 and 9 of the series. Carter didn’t indicate how many episodes would be assigned to each writer, or who would be directing them.

Although it shouldn’t come as a big surprise, the reunion of creatives for The X-Files season 11 didn’t include former writers Vince Gilligan and Frank Spotnitz, who of course found their own success as the creators of Breaking Bad (and its spinoff Better Call Saul) and The Man in the High Castle, respectively.

The lack of Gilligan’s and Spotnitz’s names notwithstanding, fans should still be pretty excited about the writing lineup for season 11. The series obviously will have a solid foundation with Carter and his three writing and producing veterans going in, and the relative newcomers to the lineup are coming up through the ranks and obviously have an understanding of The X-Files mythos, otherwise they wouldn’t have been asked.

With the creative team set, season 11 of The X-Files will reportedly start production late summer and premiere in early 2018. And while the debut of season 11 seems a long time away, fans can at least get their fix with the Audible audio production of The X-Files: Cold Cases, which will be released July 18. Based on the graphic novels by Joe Harris, and featuring the voices of Duchnovy, Anderson, and other core cast members, Cold Cases is set after the events of The X-Files: I Want to Believe and prior to the events of The X-Files season 10.

Screen Rant

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Jun - 17:50

Good News For X Files Fans, Season 11 Writers Announced

Posted by Mary Anne Butler June 26, 2017

When the news first came down the pipeline that FOX was revisiting it’s popular series The X Files, feelings were mixed.  Did we (the fans) really need a revisit of the 9 season series, and the two films?  Of course, the network went with “yes”, hedging all it’s bets on the returning core cast and crew to bring back the viewership masses.

I’ll admit, seeing the old office again (complete with pencils in the ceiling) was a delight

Despite a poorly received first episode of X Files: The Return (which fans have called season 10 even though the show did continue officially and canonically in comic form for ‘season 10’), the other four episodes were semi-ok entries into the heavy mythology and lore of the series.  Of course, series creator Chris Carter‘s episodes were the weakest of The Return, but former X Files writer Darin Morgan is returning for season 11.

Darin is responsible for some fan favorite episodes such as “Clyde Bruckman’s Final Repose” (where we find out Scully is immortal, kind of), “Jose Chung’s From Outer Space”, “Humbug”, and season 10’s no slouch episode “Mulder and Scully Meet The Were-Monster” (which he also directed). Darin is the brother-in-law of another X Files writer, Glen Morgan, who is also on board for some scripts in the 10 episode season 11.

Glen and his writing partner James Wong have some pretty hefty episodes under their belt going all the back to season 1 including “Squeeze”, “Beyond the Sea”, and “Tooms” just to name a few. The pair wrote an episode of season 10, “Home Again”, which served as the 4th episode aired even though it was filmed second of the five episode run.

Chris Carter is also on board to write more for season 11, maybe not the best news considering his scripts for 10 were the weakest and most disappointing for fans. Other names in the writers room this year include former season 9 writer’s assistant Gabe Rotter, Season 10 writers’ assistant Benjamin Van Allen and Chris Carter’s assistant, Brad Follmer.

Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny are both returning to their roles as Special Agent Dana Scully and Special Agent Fox Mulder.

The X-Files returns sometime during the 2017-2018 season on Fox.

(Last Updated June 26, 2017 4:30 pm )

Bleeding Cool News

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 28 Jun - 7:58

X-Files Season 11 Writers Announced

Chris St Martin  
June 27, 2017

X-Files creator and executive producer Chris Carter has announced the names for his writers’ room on the latest X-Files revival season. That would be season 11 for those of us out there keeping score at home. The X-Files season 11 will consist of ten episodes, and series stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny will both return.

According to a TVLine exclusive scoop, series creator Chris Carter has arranged for several fan favorite, X-Files series veterans to return for season 11. Mr Carter will be joined by famed producers and series veterans Glen Morgan, Glen’s brother Darren Morgan, and James Wong, as well as some relatively fresh faces. Season 10 writers’ assistant Benjamin Van Allen and seasons 9 writers’ assistant Gabe Rotter both got the call to move up from the minor leagues. Mr Carter’s personal assistant from seasons 8 and 9, Brad Follmer rounds out the writers hired for The X-Files season 11.

Fan favorite X-Files veterans not returning for season 11 include Vince Gilligan and Frank Spotnitz. Mr Gilligan, who is admittedly very busy with his own show Better Call Saul, hasn’t heard from Mr Carter, or Fox network regarding a return for X-Files season 11. Neither has Mr Spotnitz, whose Big Light Productions is currently making Ransom for Canadian television and Medici: Masters of Florence with Dustan Hoffman for Netflix and several European channels.

Glen Morgan and James Wong will be familiar to science fiction fans as the producers of the shortlived and fan loved Fox series Space: Above and Beyond. Horror fans will know them as creators of the Final Destination film franchise.

Fans can expect Mr Carter to write and direct the season premier and finale episodes. Glen Morgan will reportedly write and direct two episodes. Mr Wong will also write and direct his own pair of episodes. Darren Morgan will write at least one additional episode. Considering Darren Morgan’s episode of The X-Files season 10, Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster, is widely regarded as that season’s top episode, he may write more than one episode of season 11.

Mr Rotter worked as a writers’ and producers’ assistant on The X-Files original run and The Lone Gunnmen. He received producer credits on The X-Files season 10 and Mr Carter’s pilot for Amazon Studios, The After. Between his work for Mr Carter, Mr Rotter has published two novels through Simon & Schuster. Mr Van Allen has worked around Hollywood as a production assistant and also returned with Mr Carter make The After.

The X-Files season 11 will hit the airwaves and cable on Fox network early in 2018. TVOM will continue to provide coverage right here, so remember to drop by and check in.

TVOvermind

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 28 Jun - 11:05

‘The X-Files’ writers room reportedly has hired only men. How does this still happen?

By Sonia Rao June 28 at 10:09 AM

Though they eventually received equal pay for “The X-Files” revival last year, Gillian Anderson has said she was initially offered half of what was offered to David Duchovny. (Ed Araquel/Fox)

The truth is out there, and it’s a bit imbalanced.

As “X-Files” fans gear up for the show’s 11th season, which follows a reboot of the 1990s series in 2016, IndieWire reports that creator Chris Carter has (at least as of now) enlisted only male writers. The season is scheduled for production this summer and will likely air in early 2018.

All of the announced writers, including Carter, are “X-Files” alumni. Darin Morgan, Glen Morgan and James Wong each wrote an episode last season, according to TV Line, and newcomers Brad Follmer, Gabe Rotter and Benjamin Van Allen have all been assistants.

It’s an industry tradition for television writers to rise through the ranks in this manner, so Carter’s choices were to be expected. But in 2017, it’s worth asking: How is there a major network drama that’s so dominated by male voices?

(A call and email to Fox for comment on Tuesday was not returned.)

This arrangement fits with the broader gender imbalance on broadcast TV’s fall schedule.

Variety noted last month that network shows scheduled to air during the 2017-18 season feature remarkably low levels of female talent, both in front of the camera and behind. Of the 39 new series ordered by the “Big Five broadcasters” — ABC, CBS, the CW, Fox and NBC — only 35 percent of lead actors and 29 percent of showrunners were female. And of the individual networks, only the CW had a high percentage of female showrunners, at 67 percent, whereas the other four came in at 33 percent or less. (Fox, which airs “The X-Files,” had 20 percent.)

“The X-Files” has also come under fire in the past for the differing treatment of lead actors Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny. Though they eventually received equal pay for the show’s revival last year, Anderson told the Hollywood Reporter that she was initially offered half of what was offered to Duchovny. Anderson, who has been praised for her recent work on the Starz series “American Gods,” won an Emmy — and was nominated three times — for her performance as Dana Scully on “The X-Files.”

“Especially in this climate of women talking about the reality of [unequal pay] in this business, I think it’s important that it gets heard and voiced,” Anderson told The Daily Beast last year. “It was shocking to me, given all the work that I had done in the past to get us to be paid fairly.”

Some showrunners in Hollywood have approached this issue from the opposite end of the spectrum. In staffing the writer’s room for the Amazon series “I Love Dick,” creators Sarah Gubbins and Jill Soloway opted to exclusively employ female and gender nonconforming writers, according to HuffPost. The writers draw from their own experiences to tell the story of Chris, an experimental filmmaker played by Kathryn Hahn, and explore female desire in a male-dominated world.

“[I]n this case, we wanted to hire people who we felt were familiar with the experiences that Chris [Kraus] had,” Soloway told HuffPost, referring to the author of the original novel. “And it turned out, of the people we spoke to, the people who were the most likely to write about this in the most fearless, bombastic, vulnerable human way ended up being all women and gender non-conforming people.”

Similarly, each episode in the first season of Ava DuVernay’s “Queen Sugar” was directed by a woman, a practice DuVernay said will continue throughout the second season.

“Every QUEEN SUGAR episode is helmed by a bad-ass woman director,” she tweeted last year. “Love to my sister shotcallers. And thank you.”

Washington Post

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 28 Jun - 11:12

‘The X-Files’ Season 11: Chris Carter Is Failing His Show By Rejecting Diversity and New Voices

Since apparently this needs to be explained, here's why it matters that the Season 11 writing staff consists only of men who previously worked on the series.

Liz Shannon Miller
2 hours ago

Ed Araquel/FOX

When Fox revealed this week who exactly would be writing the next season of “The X-Files,” the reaction was relatively polarized: excitement over the return of fan favorites versus dismay that creator Chris Carter had passed up the opportunity to bring new voices into the mix. The creator brought in three former assistants to join returning Season 10 writers Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan and James Wong.

For anyone who believes a variety of diverse voices can do a lot to improve the quality of a show’s writing, this move came as a real blow. But it wasn’t really anything new for “The X-Files.” As noted by Carly Lane at Nerdist, over the course of the show’s original nine seasons, only six women in 202 episodes ever received a writing credit:

• Marilyn Osborn (“Shapes”)
  • Sara B. Charno (“Aubrey,” “The Calusari”)
  • Kim Newton (“Revelations,” “Quagmire”)
  • Valerie Mayhew & Vivian Mayhew (“Sanguinarium”)
  • Jessica Scott (“Schizogeny,” co-written with Mike Wollaeger)
  • Gillian Anderson (“All Things,” also directed)

In the tenth season, Carter did also share a story credit with Dr. Anne Simon and Dr. Margaret Fearon, who consulted on the science of the season finale, “My Struggle II.” As noted yesterday, the fact that Carter was able to hire three writers with exactly one credit between them (Benjamin Van Allen wrote the short film “Foreclosed,” according to IMDB) is an indication that the veteran showrunner had a great deal of power in the selection process and could have used those slots to promote other young writers who might not be company men, but are able to add something new to a series that many have been worried has become stale.

And yes, this was also an opportunity to bring some women into the fold, which might have been nice given the importance of Scully to an entire generation of female fans. While Scully has been a feminist icon for decades, this almost feels like something that happened in spite of the show’s writing. The Season 6 episode “Milagro” is a fascinating installment in the context of studying how a male writing staff approaches its central female character: Scully becomes the object of fascination for a novelist (played by John Hawkes), making the episode the platonic ideal of the male gaze.

Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny in “The X-Files”
Ed Araquel/FOX

With a story by key show writers John Shiban and Frank Spotnitz and a teleplay by Chris Carter, it’s a love letter to the character, if your definition of love is based on the notion that a woman can be understood simply by gazing creepily at her in an elevator. Much is projected onto Scully, without ever really showing genuine interest in understanding who she actually is; compare it to the Anderson-written/directed installment “All Things,” which made a real effort to give Scully a history and an internal life of her own. (It’s almost as if, after seven years on this show, Anderson had something to say about this.)

It goes beyond issues of sexism to the basic fact that different points of view in a writers’ room can contribute new ideas, especially when it comes to issues that might be way outside the understanding of its staff.

Even the best episode of Season 10, “Mulder and Scully Meet The Weremonster,” blundered through an attempt to acknowledge trans issues in the year 2016 — something that, say, the writers’ room of “Transparent,” would never let happen. (Admittedly, “The X-Files” in general would be a very different show if it was written by the writers of “Transparent.”)

And maybe if a Muslim writer was involved last season, the show might have sidestepped the cliched and offensive cold open of Episode 5, “Babylon”; a sequence so bad that even “X-Files” super-fan Kumail Nanjiani, who had just guest-starred in the series two episodes prior, called it out on Twitter.

When “The X-Files” was originally airing, diversity wasn’t quite the issue it is today, but not only have things changed, but there’s almost an organic quality to that change, as more and more showrunners discover that having different voices in their writers’ rooms makes the show better.

“I don’t want to attribute our success to our gender blindness, but it’s definitely a better place to work… All of it helps the show. Everybody does their different thing. And if you’re a writer, it’s your job to look at everybody. You can’t just write about yourself,” Matthew Weiner noted during an interview with Elle about the female-heavy writers’ room for “Mad Men” (a very good show).

Things have now gotten to the point where uber-producer Ryan Murphy has created a whole foundation devoted to equality behind the camera. He relishes the opportunity to give women and people of color real chances as writers and directors.

“I think it was an interesting evolution, not just for my company, but for them as actors to be surrounded by women, and empowered women,” he told IndieWire about the season finale of “Feud: Bette and Joan,” in which stars Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange worked with a female writer and a female director. “They were proud and thrilled to be a part of it, at least that’s what they told me because that doesn’t happen very much in this town.”

Gillian Anderson in “The X-Files”
Ed Araquel/FOX

Meanwhile, in the lead-up to Season 10 Carter used the excuse that he didn’t want to disappoint the fanbase by delivering a show which didn’t feel like the original series. But even the original series lost its luster by the end because it failed to evolve with the times.

Carter’s hiring choices for Season 11 indicate that Season 10 is how he sees the show functioning in the modern era; that he sees no real reason to deviate from the course established by those six episodes.

We watched those six episodes. And now we’re very worried about the next 10 and about the fact that the man running the show seems uninterested in embracing change.

To paraphrase Woody Allen, TV shows are like sharks: They swim or they die. IndieWire has been watching “The X-Files” so long, we have interns who weren’t born when it premiered. The very last thing we want is for “The X-Files” to be a dead shark. But right now, we’re not feeling optimistic.

IndieWire

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 5 Jul - 10:12

9 female TV writers who should write for The X-Files

Contributed by
Carly Lane
@carlylane
2 hours ago

If you've been keeping an eye on TV Twitter within the last few days, you've probably seen some discussions revolving around the new season of The X-Files.

The much-beloved series, which originally aired back in 1993, was given a second chance at life when it was revived for a 10th season in 2016. Consisting of six episodes, the revival was admittedly equal parts hit and miss, but good ratings and popularity among fans led to the series being picked up for an 11th season, set to air in 2018.

When Season 11 was confirmed, there was still a bit of mystery surrounding who would be among the returning players - especially behind the scenes. Recently, it was reported that the writing staff would consist of several X-Files veterans as well as some new hires. Not necessarily a bad thing, but scratch the surface and one fact emerges: All of the writers currently reported to be attached to Season 11 of The X-Files are men.

Women have been a constant since The X-Files first aired; they've been in front of the camera and behind it, as actresses and science advisors and a significant percentage of the fandom. But over the course of the original series (202 episodes), only six women have written episodes. The number of female directors is even smaller, at two -- a fact that Dana Scully herself, Gillian Anderson, pointed out on Twitter recently.
Given that the new season hasn't started filming yet, there's still time for a significant female presence to develop -- but in the meantime, fellow Fangrrls writer Heather Mason and I decided to put together a list of women we'd like to nominate for the writing staff

Emily Andras
Andras is no stranger to the supernatural; she worked as executive producer on Lost Girl before developing the series Wynonna Earp, where she currently pulls double duty as showrunner and writer. She's also known for her notoriously funny writing and A+ humor, and we can already picture what it would be like to watch Mulder and Scully deadpan her jokes at one another.

Kim Newton
Newton worked on The X-Files in its third season and wrote two of its best-known episodes, "Revelations" and "Quagmire." She's since worked on a ton of procedural shows as both a writer and a consulting producer, including Cold Case, In Plain Sight and The Blacklist.

Melissa Scrivner-Love
Scrivner-Love is certainly familiar with writing about conspiracies and paranoia -- she was co-executive producer and writer on Person of Interest, but she also knows a thing or two about working on a show with a killer pairing: She was a writer on the short-lived procedural series Life.

LaToya Morgan
Morgan is a self-professed X-Files fan, but she's also a fantastic writer. Her work has appeared on the AMC series TURN: Washington's Spies, and she's also been killing it as a writer on Into the Badlands, which airs on the same network.

Megan Mostyn-Brown
Mostyn-Brown's no stranger to writing for previously established characters with a lot of canonical backstory; right now, she's working on the DC Comics prequel series Gotham as executive story editor.

Moira Walley-Beckett
Walley-Beckett is perhaps best known for her work on the acclaimed television series Breaking Bad, where she collaborated as co-executive producer with X-Files writing alumnus Vince Gilligan. She's also produced series such as Pan Am, Flesh and Bone and Anne With an E, proving that she certainly has an eye for shows with distinguished female characters.

Amy Berg
"Writer/producer/geek hyphenate," Berg's resume is equal parts extensive and impressive. She's written for shows like Eureka, Leverage, The 4400 and Person of Interest, all of which have unquestionably taken some of their inspiration from The X-Files over the years.

Jane Espenson
The X-Files wouldn't be the first popular series Espenson has picked up her pen for. She's written for almost every big-name show over the years, from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Gilmore Girls to Battlestar Galactica and Game of Thrones. Her most recent stints were on shows like Once Upon a Time and Warehouse 13, the latter of which she also co-created.

Gillian Anderson
This one is almost a no-brainer. In addition to playing Agent Dana Scully, Anderson was one of the few women to both write and direct an episode of the original series. Her Scully-focused episode, "all things," has been generally regarded as one of the show's more unusual episodes but was praised by the audience for shining a spotlight on the fan-favorite character.

Other Suggestions/Honorable Mentions: Delilah S. Dawson (Star Wars), Britta Lundin (Riverdale), Kerry Ehrin (Bates Motel), Jennifer Lynch (Boxing Helena), Kim Shumway (The 100), Gennifer Hutchison (The X-Files, Breaking Bad), Ali Adler (Supergirl, Chuck), Julie Benson (The 100), Shawna Benson (The 100)

This list is certainly not exhaustive, but it goes to show that there's a wide variety of possibilities out there, and many more besides. The industry is definitely not lacking in qualified female talent; however, it still appears to be struggling to catch up in terms of the actual hiring process. There are plenty of women who could write, direct and produce episodes for The X-Files. It all depends on where you look.

SYFY WIRE

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sun 9 Jul - 19:23

X-files Season 11: Massive Return Being Fast Tracked

Posted By: Christal Dela Pena
Posted date: July 10, 2017

Up until now, season 11 of The X-Files was just an 8-issue comic book, but this will soon change since the cult television series is returning once more!

Seems that this hit sci-fi drama is coming back for yet another season of intrigue and mystery.

Since summer 2016 we have been hearing rumors that Fox wants “further instalments of The X-Files”, and we understood their desire, especially when we took into consideration the rating success of the previous season.

This show began more than 20 years ago, and it wasn’t really the network’s favorite, as Chris Carter pitched the idea twice before it was accepted for production. After the first episode aired on September 10, 1993. the series saw a rapid growth in popularity, with ratings rising steadily, and critics, as well as the media, responding well. Soon enough, skeptical Scully and alien-chasing Molder have become stars, and catchphrases from the show became cultural staples.

The show had 9 seasons, where each had incredible success, and each saw a rise in popularity among audiences of all ages.

Mysterious creatures, supernatural occurrences, trips into our deepest fears, monstrous people, magic, aliens, super soldiers and genetic manipulation mixed with government conspiracies, love, crime, and treason – who could possibly resist it?

After the show ended, fans were not entirely satisfied, but Anderson and Duchovny were tired of their roles and wanted to give up on X-Files, so Fox canceled it. After a 13 year long absence from the small screens, Fox confirmed that they were ready to come back one more time.

At the time, the network said in a statement “[Show creator] Chris’ [Carter] creativity, along with the brilliant work of David and Gillian, continue to propel this pop culture phenomenon, and we can’t wait to see what fresh mysteries Mulder and Scully uncover in this next chapter of The X-Files.”

After months of rumors, at last, we have confirmed information, as the next season of this show has finally been officially announced. Season 11 is a go.

We can expect 10 new episodes, starring David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in their world-famous roles of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. Good thing is the fact that these new episodes will be overseen by the series’ creator Chris Carter, so the true spirit of the show will remain present.

President of Fox Broadcasting Company, David Madden made this statement to the media “Iconic characters, rich storytelling, bold creators – these are the hallmarks of great TV shows. And they are some of the reasons why The X-Files has had such a profound impact on millions of fans worldwide.” He said and continued “Chris’ creativity, along with the brilliant work of David and Gillian, continue to propel this pop culture phenomenon, and we can’t wait to see what fresh mysteries Mulder and Scully uncover in this next chapter of The X-Files.”

What interests every fan the most is the plot of season 11. Of course, Fox keeps as much as possible under wraps, but we do know that events of the upcoming season will be places two years after season 10.

Season 10 saw reuniting of Mulder and Scully after they spent a while away from the FBI. In this season a conspiracy theorist reporter contacted them to meet an alien abductee. After that Skinner called them back to investigate that and a number of other paranormal cases, which renewed their partnership, and brought them together in yet another go at the mysterious. We saw them struggling with the decision to keep their son William hidden for his own safety, we got to see untangling of some old plotlines, and we wanted more.

In the series finale, Mulder’s life was left hanging in the balance, as he became one of the victims of a deadly virus. Luckily, that was not the end, but in the final moments, we saw a triangle-shaped UFO shining a bright light over Scully, Miller, and Mulder. The episode ended with Skully looking up at the lights of this spacecraft.

We expect that whoever was in that UFO will save Mulder, and be a part of a new plot. Also, according to rumors, we will get to see William in the new season, and finally see just how paranormal he and his abilities are.

According to the newest reports, fans won’t have to wait for long to see what happens next since season 11 of The X-Files is on the fast track, as the production is scheduled to start during this summer with the 2017-2018 in mind. We are hoping (unrealistically, really) to see new episodes this fall, but more likely is that it will happen in May next year.

Master Herald

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 19 Jul - 16:15

‘The X-Files’: Mitch Pileggi Set To Return For Season 11 Of Fox Series

by Nellie Andreeva
July 19, 2017 3:19pm

Fox

Mulder and Scully will continue to have their trusted ally Walter Skinner by their side. The X-Files veteran Mitch Pileggi has closed a deal to return for the recently picked up 10-episode eleventh season of the Fox sci-fi drama and second as an event series. He will reprise his role as Walter Skinner, an assistant director at the FBI, which he played on the original Fox series as well as the 2016 six-episode event series revival, both from creator Chris Carter.

Pileggi is among the first X-Files actors to be locked in to join returning stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny for the new installment, set to begin filming this summer for a premiere next season.

Pileggi will next be seen in the Dimension Films thriller Polaroid which will be in wide release on August 25. He is repped by Pakula/King & Associates and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.

Deadline

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 2 Aug - 15:55

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on X-Files, Riverdale, Supergirl, Supernatural, Chuck, NCIS, Elementary and More

By Michael Ausiello / August 2 2017, 1:34 PM PDT

Hearing buzz that Scully won’t be in the best of shape when The X-Files picks up. Also, much like the last revival, rumor has it Season 11 will be bookended by heavy (and hopefully less contrived/cheesy) mythology episodes written and directed by series creator Chris Carter.

TVLine

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Thu 3 Aug - 9:08

'The X-Files' Season 11: Robert Patrick Open to Returning as Doggett

Marisa Roffman August 03, 2017 10:00 am

Larry WatsonFOX
THE X-FILES - SEASON 8: (L - R) Agent John Doggett (Robert Patrick), Assistant Director Walter Skinner (Mitch Pileggi) and Agent Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) search for the missing Agent Mulder in part two of the season premiere of THE X-FILES which originally aired Sunday, Nov. 12 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ©2000FOX BROADCASTING CR:Larry WatsonFOX

When The X-Files returned for its six-episode Season 10 in 2016, one key agent was MIA: Robert Patrick's Agent John Doggett.

Patrick, who joined the Fox drama for the final two seasons of its original run, is currently a series regular on CBS's Scorpion, but the actor admits he would be game to pop back up on his former show.

“I haven’t heard from [The X-Files creator] Chris [Carter], but I am totally willing to go back if I think it’s the right thing to do and if they want me to do it," he says. "But at this point, no one has asked me anything; I would certainly be interested. But I’m always the last to know with this kind of stuff."

"I think the world of Chris, and I certainly loved the experience on The X-Files," he continued. "I see no reason to not go back and do it.”

In the original series finale, Doggett and his partner Reyes (Annabeth Gish) helped Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) go into hiding, in the aftermath of Mulder receiving a death sentence for his "crimes." However, in the revival, Reyes was seemingly aligned with series Big Bad Cigarette-Smoking Man (William B. Davis), and Doggett was nowhere to be found.

As of now, only Duchovny, Anderson, and Mitch Pileggi (A.D. Skinner) are confirmed to appear in the ten-episode Season 11.

TVInsider

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Thu 3 Aug - 18:47

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sun 6 Aug - 17:42

The X-Files' Annabeth Gish Just Dropped a Major Hint About Season 11

By Amanda Bell | Aug 6, 2017 4:03 PM EDT

We haven't seen the last of Monica Reyes on The X-Files.

On Sunday, actress Annabeth Gish shared an image from the set of the revived Fox series, and X-Files fans are jumping for joy over the fact that Monica Reyes' story line isn't going to end on the controversial note it did in the Season 10 episode in which she appeared.

Reyes joined The X-Files in its eighth season to help bolster the cast once David Duchovny's role on the show became limited due to his legal disagreements with the network.

She returned for the sixth episode of Season 10, which revealed that Monica left her post at the FBI to work for "The Smoking Man" and his campaign to depopulate the planet. She was considered a "coward" by Scully (Gillian Anderson) and, although she did provide crucial information to stymie the spread of the Spartan virus, many Monica Reyes fans found her arc to be unsatisfying.

annabeth_gish

Shall we? #iwanttobelieve👽#monicareyes #xfiles

Whether or not she'll actually redeem herself remains to be seen, but as the hashtag indicates, fans "want to believe."

Season 11 of The X-Files is expected to premiere in 2018.

TVGuide

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sun 6 Aug - 17:54

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 7 Aug - 19:38

Courtesy of Fox

The X-Files Season 11 Update: 2 Female Directors Join Fox Revival

By Michael Ausiello / August 7 2017, 6:36 PM PDT

The gender inequality is still out there, but this is a step in the right direction.

The X-Files‘ upcoming 11th season will feature two episodes directed by women, TVLine has learned exclusively. One of the helmers, Carol Banker, has a long history with the franchise, having served as script supervisor on the mothership from 1999-2002 and a director on the short-lived spinoff The Lone Gunmen. X-Files newbie Holly Dale, meanwhile, has directed more than 100 hours of episodic TV, including such series as Being Erica, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Grimm, Timeless and Reign.

The duo’s hiring comes roughly a month after news broke that all 10 episodes of next year’s revival would be written by men. A swift social media backlash followed, with X-Files star Gillian Anderson even joining in. Scully’s portrayer bemoaned on Twitter that the gender imbalance extended to the show’s stable of directors. “Two out of 207 [episodes were directed] by women,” she wrote. “I too look forward to the day when the numbers are different. #TheFutureisFemale.”

The X-Files is slated to return in early 2018.

TVLine

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 8 Aug - 11:45

The X-Files Gets 2 Female Writers and Directors in Wake of Controversy

by Chris Harnick | Tue, Aug 8, 2017 3:14 PM

The truth is still out there and it's going to be shepherded by some women this time around. Dana Walden, chairman and CEO of Fox Television Group revealed The X-Files has hired two female directors and two female writers for the upcoming season of 10 episodes.

Gillian Anderson, the star of the long-running series and only one of two female directors of the show's more than 200 episodes, commented on the news that Chris Carter had hired an all-male writers room. "And 2 out of 207 eps directed by women. I too look forward to the day when the numbers are different.

#TheFutureisFemale," she said in a retweet of The Washington Post's coverage of the news. See that below.

At the 2017 TCA summer press tour, Walden said Carter has assigned two episodes to female writers and two of the 10 episodes will be directed by women. She was quick to point out that "half of our directors are diverse."

"I think Chris is moving in the right direction," Walden said."I don't want to make any excuses for anyone. I want to just explain that after 200+ episodes of a show that has a very deep and specific mythology, where the fanbase has a very high expectation that those episodes are going to deliver on those easter eggs and they are going to be consistent with those original episodes, the tendency is to want to rely on people that helped you on the original when you're just doing 10 episodes. And the crew that was with Chris for a very long time happened to be a group of male writers. That is not an excuse and as I said Chris has just hired two female writers and two female directors. It's only to explain how we ended up in that situation in the very beginning of this process."

Was it in response to the outcry from viewers? "I don't believe so because we had hired the writers before news broke of this particular situation," Walden said. "No one was replaced...I'm not 100 percent sure of the chronology of the situation, but no one was replaced."

The new season, like the last installment, will feature two mythology-heavy episodes and the remaining eight will have sprinkles of mythology in them, but will be primarily standalone.

When asked about the reviews and some negative fan response to the new season, Walden told a group of reporters she's seen the script and it's "excellent."

"It's hard because I don't want to acknowledge…I don't want to say it was disappointing because we got a lot of positive feedback with 15+ million viewers an episode," Walden said. "I think Chris is really excited about doing a new round of episodes. There was certainly no reason for him to have to do it…it wasn't about the money. He had a real hunger and enthusiasm in doing future episodes. I know he's really excited about it. Everyone's seen the first script and it's excellent. I think it's a very good starting point for the show and we're excited about the next installment."

The X-Files returns in 2018 on Fox.

E! Online

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 8 Aug - 13:27

8 Aug 2017

What to Expect from The X-Files: Season 11

By Terri Schwartz

The X-Files will return on FOX, with an upgraded 10-episode Season 11. But what can we expect from the latest adventures of Mulder and Scully?

FOX President of Entertainment David Madden offered several good teases of what to expect in Season 11 while at the 2017 summer TV Critics' Association press tour. Read below to find out everything we learned:

There Will Be Eight Standalone Episodes and Two Mythology Episodes

Following in the format of Season 10, The X-Files' eleventh season will be bookended by mythology episodes, but uses its expanded episode order to offer more standalone adventures.

"The first episode will be a mythology episode, though it will be a much simpler mythology episode than last season. Then there will be eight standalone episodes, and [conclude with a mythology episode]," said Madden. "We'll touch on the mythology a little bit in those intervening episodes -- a little bit."

He added of the standalone episodes, "They will be more classic X-Files, Mulder and Scully and other characters plunging into new adventures."

Season 11 Picks Up Right from Last Season's Finale

"If you remember the ending where you saw the helicopter, it takes you right from there," said Madden. "We will then get launched into a very urgent adventure, which will have a lot to do with William, Mulder and Scully's kid. The search for William will be a significant thread through this show."

Familiar Faces Will Return

"You will see the Cigarette Smoking Man. You may even see, maybe, some tip to the Lone Gunmen along the line. There will be other characters from the previous mythology that will be reprised."

Lessons Learned from Season 10

"Last season, we had the responsibility to explain to the audience what had happened in those intervening seven or eight years. We had to take the time to make sure really could track everything that had happened. We were freed from that responsibility this time around. We could just plunge in and tell the stories. It was a different experience, but we're having a lot of fun doing it. It's also fun to have more episodes, it gives us a chance to tell more stories."

New Faces Join the Writing and Directing Staffs

After it was initally revealed that the Season 11 writing staff would consist entirely of men, FOX CEO Dana Walden made the announcement at TCA that two women have since been added to the team. Additionally, TVLine announced Carol Banker and Holly Dale will be directing episodes in Season 11.

To refresh yourself on all things X-Files, read IGN's review of Season 10, and check out our recent interview with David Duchovny.

IGN

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 8 Aug - 18:28

'The X-Files' Season 11 Hires 2 Female Directors
International Business Times 15h ago

The X-Files adds 2 female directors, Annabeth Gish to return for Season 11
SYFY WIRE 10h ago

Two Female Directors Come Aboard “The X-Files”
Bloody Disgusting 9h ago

The X-Files reboot adds two female directors after controversy over all-male writing staff
DigitalSpy.com 8h ago

X-Files Season 11: Carol Banker and Holly Dale To Direct Episodes, Two New Writers Join Staff
Den of Geek US 7h ago

'X-Files' Is 'Making Moves in the Right Direction' After All-Male Writers' Room Outcry
TheWrap 7h ago

So the X-Files Revival Hired Female Writers and Directors After All
Vanity Fair 7h ago

'X-Files': Fox Boss Gives New Season Clues, Talks Series' Female Staffing Issues – TCA
Deadline 6h ago

'X-Files' Season 11 Adds Two Female Writers and Directors
Moviefone 6h ago

New 'X-Files' Season Will Have Mostly Standalone Episodes
TheWrap 6h ago

Women writers are out there, The X-Files discovers
A.V. Club 6h ago

Next 'The X-Files' Season Will Only Have Two Mythology Episodes [TCA 2017]
/FILM 6h ago

X-Files Season 11 Has Much 'Simpler Mythology'
Screen Rant 6h ago

First Story Details for “The X-Files” Season 11
Bloody Disgusting 5h ago

The X-Files will focus on stand-alone stories in season 11
Looper 5h ago

Fox at TCA: 'The X-Files' Season 11 Adds Female Writers
TVInsider 5h ago

X-Files Is Dumping Most Mythology Episodes Next Season, and I'm X-Tra X-Cited
Gizmodo 5h ago

'The X-Files' Season 11 Cuts Back on Mythology; Adds Female Writers, Directors
Collider.com 4h ago

The X-Files' Attempts To Make Amends By Hiring Female Writers And Directors, But There's A Catch
UPROXX 4h ago

Fox Exec Says She Won't Make Excuses for Lack of Diversity, Proceeds to Make Tons of Excuses
Splinter 4h ago

THE X-FILES Season 11 Will Tell Mostly Standalone Stories
Nerdist 4h ago

THE X-FILES Season 11 Will Tell Mostly Standalone Stories
Nerdist 3h ago

There Will Actually Be Some Female Writers Working on The X-Files
ELLE.com 3h ago

'X-Files' adds female writers, directors after Gillian Anderson calls out show's lack of diversity
New York Daily News 2h ago

'X-Files' Season 11 is Mostly Standalone Stories and Not Mythology Episodes
Outer Places 1h ago

Fox boss responds to criticism of The X-Files season 10
DigitalSpy.com 33m ago

The X-Files season 11 will largely do away with the iconic alien colonist mythology
DigitalSpy.com 30m ago

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next