The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

2018/02/23 - David at 170 Russell in Melbourne, Australia

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: 2018/02/23 - David at 170 Russell in Melbourne, Australia

Post by jade1013 on Fri 23 Feb - 20:00

mississippidelta
170 Russell

Sound check.... pretty good posie..... #thiswillwork #morephotostocome #sorryinadvanceforthespam #youknewthiswascoming #davidduchovny #ddweekend

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 113909
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 23 Feb - 20:02

mississippidelta
170 Russell

Many more to come but so far this has to be my favourite photo of the night... you can tell how much he loves doing this.... 10/10 would go again!! #davidduchovny #livemusic #epicnight #imabsolutelyfuckednowthough #ddweekend

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 23 Feb - 20:07

mississippidelta
170 Russell

Davidís on board #guncontrol #wedidit #socanyou #davidduchovny

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 23 Feb - 21:45

matthewsigley
170 Russell

The truth is out there. David Duchovny's show last night was awesome! Fantastic Gene Pitney dance moves, charm, charisma and catchy tunes. Great band with a particularly good keyboard player who had either dragged a Rhodes from the US with him or hired one. Went in expecting nothing and walked out with a big smile on my face. Couldn't ask for more really! #davidduchovny #thexfiles #foxmulder #hellorhighwater #everythirdthought #twinpeaks #morecowbell #hankmoody #californication #agentdenisebryson #morecowbell #thetruthisoutthere #mancrush

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sat 24 Feb - 2:50

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sat 24 Feb - 2:58

roberthorvat February 24, 2018

Review: David Duchovny live in Melbourne.

David Duchovny is a man of many talents. For most of my life I have known him as agent Fox Mulder from the X-Files. But more recently Iíve enjoyed his late in life music career.

At first I was sceptical like most people are of professional actors dipping their toes into music. I think itís safe to say we all remember Bruce Willisí short lived music career, crooning under the moniker of Bruno Radolini, singing Respect Yourself, a surprise hit, making it all the way to No.5 on the U.S charts in 1987. But you know what? Despite the fact that Duchovny isnít a natural singer, he is nonetheless surprisingly humble and entertaining.

I read once that one of his biggest regrets was arguably not learning to play music in his younger days. But to his credit Duchovny took it upon himself late in life, to learn how to play guitar and string together some melodies and lyrics to boot. From it came his first album Hell or Highwater, a blend of folk rock with country leanings. Looking back, I think it received some lukewarm attention. Importantly, I donít remember Duchovny getting cruxified for his efforts. Thatís good, right?

Interestingly, whether Duchovny admits it or not, this new side project is simply just that, a side project. And while it might seem that, he is genuinely having a lot of fun doing it, and maybe even more so now with the release of his second album Every Third Thought.

When I heard he was supporting his new album with his band with a handful of shows in New Zealand and Australia, itís fair to say I was pscyched. So without hesitation I locked in my tickets to see the man I have spent more hours watching on my TV screen than anyone else. And yes while a lot of fans came last night to his live show because of his fame as an actor, I still hoped they came to listen to his spirited attempt to have some fun through his love of music.

My expectations of the night was at first tepid, yet jovial, but I was put at ease quickly with a playful performance by support act Georgia Maq, who herself was quite excited to be opening for Duchovny. As she teased the eclectic audience, late in her act, of the imminent arrival of Duchovny and his five piece band, the show eventually began in earnest with ACDCís Thunderstruck, warming us up as if a prized fighter was about to jump into the ring (on stage). Between the playful guitar introduction of one of ACDCís most loved songs, the boisterous crowd began chanting ďDavid!Ē at the top of their lungs, in place of ďthunder!Ē. Answering the call, Duchovnyís band arrived with the man himself not too far behind. With a humble appreciative wave he burst straight into his song 3000 from Hell or Highwater.

What followed was a good-natured night of a collection of fifteen songs from both albums, including three cover songs The Weight, Rebel Rebel and Crowded Houseís beloved Donít Dream Itís Over, sung in itís entirety by Colin Lee on keyboards, all the while Duchovny quietly danced on stage. He even enjoyed being loved-up by an adorning crowd, as he mingled briefly amongst those lucky enough closest to the stage. On the subject of dancing, it was quite amusing (in a nice way) to see Duchovny dance unashamedly all night. And it seems that Duchovny has somewhat mastered some of Mick Jaggerís moves! There was even time for plenty of banter, as he discussed the meaning of ďfannyĒ and how the song The Weight still translates, despite itís different meaning here as compared to the States. On a sombre note, Duchovny touched on the charged issue of gun violence and thanked us for leading the way (in gun control) and hoped that his country followed our lead. He even told us the story behind my favourite song of the evening Stranger In The Sacred Heart, inspired in part by the death of his late father.

All in all, I had a wonderful evening surrounded by a crowd who all seemed to share the same enthusiasm I had for Duchovnyís musical adventure. Importantly, no one really gave a shit whether or not he could register a high note.

Finally, a honourable mention to his stellar band Ė Colin Lee on keyboards, Michael Stewart on bass, Pat Mc Cusker on electric guitar, Sebastian Modak on drums and Keenan OíBrien on acoustic guitar. Without these guys ,and the brotherhood that Duchovny referred to about his relationship with these talented musicians, there is no way he would have pulled off such a wildly enjoyable night.

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sat 24 Feb - 3:05

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sat 24 Feb - 3:07

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchovny on Sat 24 Feb - 7:00

OMG!!!!! thanks
Duchovny
Phantom
Phantom

Number of posts : 17184
Emploi : Housewife
Your favorite David's role : Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2011-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Feb - 3:53

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Feb - 4:01

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchovny on Mon 26 Feb - 8:00

thanks
Duchovny
Phantom
Phantom

Number of posts : 17184
Emploi : Housewife
Your favorite David's role : Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2011-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Feb - 10:12

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Feb - 10:49

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Feb - 11:07

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Feb - 12:11

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Feb - 12:15

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Feb - 12:19

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Feb - 12:24

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Feb - 18:36

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Feb - 19:52

David Duchovny Ė Gig Review & Photo Gallery 23rd Feb @ 170 Russell, Melbourne VIC

Posted on February 25, 2018 by walladmin

David Duchovny
170 Russell, Melbourne VIC
February 23rd, 2018
Support:†Georgia Maq (Camp Cope)

Before you read this review, Iím going completely disclose that I had not listened to either of David Duchovnyís albums (Hell or Highwater and Every Third Thought). I attended his gig as a fan of The X-Files and I can wholeheartedly say that after watching his performance, my respect for Duchovny has only grown.

Completely unbeknownst to me, tonightís support act was Georgia Maq of Melbourneís Camp Cope, which was a really lovely surprise. Itís always important to get to gigs to see the support bands, because this is when a lot of great moments at gigs happen. ďThings are going to get spooky,Ē Maq declares with a huge grin on her face, as she performs songs from Camp Copeís debut album. Her performance was full of humour, heart, and real life truths. ĎWest Side Storyí got a particularly rousing cheer of approval from the crowd when Maq reminisces through song ďof the time that we spent watching X-Files in your living roomĒ.

There is a short break between sets before a pre-recorded intro of AC/DCís ĎThunderstruckí booms through the venue. Iím half expecting Duchovny to burst on stage, but he simply walks out and waves to the crowd with a big smile on his face.

Although Duchovnyís stage presence was sometimes awkward, this didnít stop him from connecting with his audience with an intense smoulder (or is that Fox SmulderÖ) followed by a cheeky grin. His music also doesnít necessarily fall into one category or another. One moment, there are hints of pub rock, the next, heís adding more cowbell to his classic Americana tunes. There are clearly lots of influences in Duchovnyís music.

A cover of David Bowieís ĎRebel Rebelí is the absolute highlight of the show, with the whole crowd cheering along, but no influence is more obvious than Leonard Cohen, who Duchovny emulates during the slower songs of the show, his voice creaking amongst the lyrics. This is what I absolutely loved about tonightís performance: this was real, raw music from a man who is giving it everything heís got to connect with his fans. We know and love Duchovny as Fox Mulder, or as Hank Moody, or even as Denise Bryson. Heís a man who has been a huge part of so many of our lives through television, and tonight we got to see another side of him. He was having so much fun, and we were too.

Gig Review and†Photo Gallery by†Luke Sutton†aka†@LukeaSutton†Please credit†Wall of Sound†and†LukeSutton†if you repost.

David Duchovny

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 26 Feb - 20:00

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 27 Feb - 4:07

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 27 Feb - 4:45

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 27 Feb - 4:52

Maybe I canít, but Iíll try: my review of the David Duchovny VIP experience

There are moments in your life, bright spots that burn forever. They mark your history, a shining path back through your days. Iím lucky to have a fiercely bright track behind me. Golden memories that sometimes I crack open to bathe in stardust-nostalgia. Friday 23 February 2018, the David Duchovny concert at 170 Russell in Melbourne, is still ember-bright. And while it was a bright spot fuelled by the convergence of many loves and passions, it was courage that will make this particular moment burn brightly for years to come.

† † † † † † † Iím not adventurous, Iím not outgoing or spontaneous. Iím a little dull, Iím a bookworm and a homebody. But I booked a VIP ticket for the David Duchovny concert in Melbourne because it represented the convergence of loves and passions that have survived nearly 25 years. The X-Files is my favourite television show, hands down. And Iíve always loved live music. But to go to a gig on my own? To do a meet and greet on my own? Even with the man who played Fox Mulder, my all-time favourite character. How would I do that?

There were many times leading up to the concert, when I woke myself up in the small hours, asking what the hell I had done. David Duchovny is not known for his singing, and I love a good powerful voice. Iíve cried at concerts when the beauty of a lyric combines with the purity of a note. Was I going to the concert for the music? Or was I so shallow that I had spent a decent amount of money just to be one of those people who does weird things, like asking for autographs, going to conventions and getting photos with their idols? Thatís not me. Iím sensible. I could never do that. Could I? Maybe I canít, but Iíll try. (Thanks, David!)

Admittedly, the concert wasnít the primary reason for going. Iím sure many in the audience would agree. Aside from The X-Files addiction, I had read both of Davidís books. They were great. His writing style is easy, touching, funny and filled with the sorts of insights into life that had me nodding and laughing and sniffing back tears. I downloaded his albums so I knew the songs. I found the lyrics were as honest and perceptive as his novels.

But the underlying reason for me to attend was that there was something intriguing about David Duchovnyís relentless determination to learn new things. I read interviews that revealed a man who understood his limitations, but shucked off the disapproval of those who thought he might be arrogantly exploiting his fans. He had challenged himself, later in life, to learn the guitar and to write lyrics; and despite years in front of television cameras, he had opened himself up to be vulnerable on stage. Thereís no-one to yell ĎCut!í at a live gig.

† † † † † † † I have a stack of limitations too. We all do. Mine include starting conversations, going places by myself, trying not to look stupid or vulnerable in front of others. All these things have shaped my life and sometimes constricted it. But from the moment I booked that ticket, I knew I had to step up. I had a once in a lifetime opportunity to prove to myself that I can be brave. It was a case of beating away the ĎWhat Ifs?í with the ĎFuck Itsí.

† † † † † † † I set myself some goals: wear a unique tee-shirt, get it signed while wearing it, take a print-out of one of my fan-fiction stories and give it to David Duchovny, talk to him about writing. And I wavered so many times on all of these things. I woke in cold sweats, berating myself for being such a giant loser, and also for worrying about silly and vain things like hair and make-up and the size of my upper arms. But every day I would also tell myself, stop giving a fuck. You can do this. Maybe I canít, but Iíll try.

I spent many days dreaming about what was going to happen and many nights having nightmares about making a total arse of myself. I knew, from my very limited experience of public speaking, that being prepared would be the best trick, so I worked really hard to think about things to say, to try to twist the conversation towards writing Ė my comfort zone. I had printed out my story, with a picture on the front that matched the one on my tee-shirt Ė a scene from the story. I wrote a message on the inside front cover, thanking him for the words heíd written. I nearly left it at the apartment because I had such huge doubts about everything I had planned. I nearly didnít wear the tee-shirt.

For these big occasions, you have this image in your mind about what you think is going to happen and of course, it never goes that way. Hereís how it did goÖand some of it is still a blur.

The room was different, it was darker than I expected, it was too hot to think, my throat was so dry that I didnít think I could get any words out, I looked stupid in my shirt and I figured he was just going to throw away my story, so why should I even bother to give it to him? He must get hundreds of gifts from fans and they probably end up in the trash. All these things were running through my mind as the queue in front of me got shorter and shorter. Maybe I canít, but Iíll try.

† † † † † † † When the security person nodded to me that it was my turn, I fully expected to walk round the door and then into another room. I was holding my story booklet in my right hand and guess who was just on the other side of the door, holding out his right hand to shake mine? And just as he said hello, I stuffed the story into his grasp and missed my handshake. Fucking dork. I think I asked him how he was going but I canít be sure. I was still cursing my bad timing and stupidity.

In my fear-soaked mind, I thought his helper thought I wanted the booklet signed so I blurted out that I wanted my tee-shirt signed and thatís when he saw the image on the front of it. †I told him it was a scene from the story in the booklet and he said it looked like Tommy. And I thought, who the fuck is Tommy? I told him it was a vision of William.

We then had to pose for the photo and I smiled and put my arm around his waist and the brightest sensation for some reason was the softness of his tee-shirt followed by my inner fangirl screaming Ďoh my fucking god Iím touching David Duchovnyí and then he stood behind me and signed the back of my tee-shirt, asking me how I spelled my name. My only coherent thought at that point was Ďoh my fucking god heís writing on my backí.

Then the magic happened. I stopped running on panic mode. Something shifted. He turned to me and looked down at me with such sincerity and said again that he thought the boy was Tommy, the kid from his movie ĎHouse of Dí, the boy that died. And when he said that I simultaneously thought, gee thanks David, now youíve spoiled the movie for me because I havenít seen it and wow, heís looking me in the eye and speaking with me like Iím not a complete and utter dork.

And yes, I know heís an actor and an experienced Ďmeeter and greeterí but you canít script those sorts of spontaneous conversations. Nobody else had that tee-shirt. The artist drew it specifically for my story. And while it sparked something in his mind that recalled the character from that particular movie and not William, it was still a conversation that he had with me. He seemed so genuine and sincere and I am tucking away that moment to be one of the bright spots of my life.

† † † † † † † The soundcheck had already happened Ė and I think I was the only one in the audience who didnít realise he would be on stage with the band. I literally thought it would only be the band members tuning up their instruments. I got some good photos and video and figured that even if I got shunted to the back of the crowd later it wouldnít matter because he was within a few feet of me at that point and that would be enough.

After the meet and greets were over, the venue opened to GA ticket holders and was stinking hot, too hot to even enjoy a wine or three and I was still shaking, running on adrenaline. The support act, Georgia Maq, blew me away. Standing on stage with just a guitar and the contents of your heart is such a brave thing to do. Writing and singing and art allow even the most reserved of us to expose a little bit of ourselves. And she did it so powerfully. Thank you, Georgia!

† † † † † † † By the time David came on, it was 10pm and Iíd been standing up for five hours. My knees, back and toes were numb. My husband (who only got a ticket at the pub meet-up a few hours before!) and our eldest boy and his friends had arrived. Iíd managed to stay at the front, about three rows away from the stage. I was ready to rock and when the room erupted with the opening riff to ACDCís Thunderstruck I knew it was going to be awesome. Iíd done the hard part and didnít fuck it up (too much!). Now I was going to enjoy myself. And I did!

The band was fantastic, they had such energy. Davidís voice carried really well and while he doesnít have a wide range (he admitted as much later in the night) you could see how the lyrics to the songs resonate within him. He sings with such passion and intensity and you canít help but be carried away by his enthusiasm and his bad dancing. He truly looked like he was having the time of his life. I even think he was a little surprised by how engaged the audience was in Melbourne. I have no idea how many people he usually attracts to a concert but there must have been around 1500 people in that place and it was rocking.

† † † † † † † Being a short-arse, my photo-taking opportunities were limited but my husband is tall and he got some great shots. I did manage to video some of the Donít Dream Itís Over performance by the crowd which was a real goose-bump moment. He gave so much through the evening Ė mixing songs from both albums plus a couple of great covers. He was a sweaty mess, like we all were, but he never flagged.

† † † † † † † I take away more than just a clutch of fun memories from that night. Sure, I danced, met a bunch of brilliant fellow X-Philes and got to meet one of my idols, but I also managed to brush off the self-doubt and follow through with the challenges I set myself. Maybe I couldnít, but I tried. And it paid off.

frangipanidownunder

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 27 Feb - 5:42

jade1013
Pix Queen