The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

2017/07/22 - Audible panel at SDCC with Dirk Maggs & David Duchovny

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2017/07/22 - Audible panel at SDCC with Dirk Maggs & David Duchovny

Post by jade1013 on Sun 23 Jul - 7:23

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 109246
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sun 23 Jul - 7:31

David Duchovny audible panel sdcc2017 Comic-Con San Diego 2017
iambambe

iambambe

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sun 23 Jul - 7:33

iambambe

David Duchovny answers question from The Simpsons animator of the x-files episode at comiccon2017
iambambe

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maddy13 on Sun 23 Jul - 7:37

He looks great! Thanks for sharing the pictures and videos
maddy13
Denial
Denial

Number of posts : 150
Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody
Registration date : 2014-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sun 23 Jul - 8:33

mmlzn

💞 a great conversation with david duchovny & dirk maggs here at san diego comic convention #comiccon #comicconsd17 #ibaraki #xfiles #mulder #audible #coldcases

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sun 23 Jul - 8:37

Audible
11 h

"You can't get by with pretty faces. You have to have a story." David Duchovny on the power of audio from 'The X-Files: Cold Cases' panel with Dirk Maggs and Audible's very own Kat Lambrix. #istillwanttobelieve #sdcc

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sun 23 Jul - 10:02

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sun 23 Jul - 13:22

David Duchovny talks about The X-Files audio story at Comic-Con

Contributed by
Heather Mason
@NerdHeather
7 hours ago

Fans of the long-running FOX sci-fi show The X-Files enthusiastically turned up at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday evening to see Mulder himself, David Duchovny, discuss the latest medium the series is tackling: an audio story.

The X-Files: Cold Cases is a new audio drama based on the Season 10 graphic novels by Joe Harris and Chris Carter. Now fans can hear Mulder and Scully themselves voice new X-stories. Yes, Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny voice their roles, along with fan favorites Walter Skinner, the Lone Gunmen, and even the Cigarette Smoking Man also reprising their roles.

The panel kicked off with a spooky 30-second clip of the story before Duchovny and producer Dirk Maggs sat down to discuss how the audio drama process differs from video and how the project got off the ground. Duchovny made sure the stories were approved by Chris Carter before agreeing to the project — which they were.

Cold Cases takes place after the second film (I Want to Believe), where we join the story with Mulder and Scully in hiding. But fans will be happy to hear that they're together! Telling The X-Files stories in a new format will still have the same feel fans remember. Plus, just imagine Mulder and Scully talking directly into your ears ... that's probably something you can get on board with.

Duchovny said it's a different challenge when you can only use your voice, but in some ways for the audience it will feel similar to the early days of The X-Files (and even later on bits) when it was so dark the audience had to use their imagination to envision the monsters. Remember the episode "X-Cops," where the monsters were all inside the characters' heads? The audio drama requires a little more imagination from fans, but they seem up to the challenge.

Fan questions ranged from favorite monster (Dirk and David both like Flukeman) to the news that there is a William storyline in the new audio story. No news on Season 11, which Duchovny said he should receive a script for any day now.

After the panel, fans rushed the stage. It's amazing that the fan base is clearly so dedicated after almost 25 years since the show debuted. Luckily, the stories seem to be continuing across multiple media for the foreseeable future. The audio book is now available on Audible.

SYFY WIRE

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sun 23 Jul - 14:27

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sun 23 Jul - 14:33

lisaamend

Not sure how your day was but mine was AWESOME! #davidduchovny #Mulder #trustnoone #thetruthisouthere #xfiles #omg #bucketlist

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sun 23 Jul - 14:36

mullalyphotos72

#sdcc2017 #sdcc #davidduchovny #dirkmaggs #audible #thexfiles

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sun 23 Jul - 14:38

vitamiriam

Increíble momento de conocer y saludar a #mulder #davidduchovny en el panel de #thexfiles....así como a unos fans. #SDCC, no termines!!!

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sun 23 Jul - 15:37

David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series

Posted by Rich Johnston  July 23, 2017

Erin Wilhelm writes from San Diego Comic-Con:

X-Files star David Duchovny and audio drama producer Dirk Maggs drew a full house of X-Files fans at SDCC to discuss a new X-Files audio drama “Cold Cases” available on Audible. The audio show, featuring multiple original cast members including Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, and Mitch Pileggi, will be audio adaptations of the Season 10 comics created by Joe Harris.

Maggs, who had produced multiple audio dramas previously for BBC Radio, shared that he was excited to do this audio adaptation in an effort to bring the era of 1950s radio dramas back to America. When the comics were originally written, they were done in cooperation with show creator Chris Carter, so Maggs wanted to be as true to the stories and the legacy of X-Files as possible. He discussed the pressure for everything to be good, because the fans are so dedicated and the body of existing work is of such high quality.

Duchovny stated that he didn’t really have any concerns about the audio adaptation; as long as Chris Carter had approved the stories, Duchovny was in. The actor did discuss the difficulty in voice acting, having no other actors or visuals to act against, and without the benefit of memorizing lines or rehearsals. He said that sometimes he would get to the end of a line of dialogue and discover that it was supposed to be a question.

Both Duchovny and Maggs discussed how much they enjoyed doing these scary audible stories comparing it to telling ghost stories around a campfire. Duchovny said it reminded him of the first season of The X-Files, when they had no money for special effects and their Director of Photography told them to just make everything dark because “it’s really your imagination that will scare the shit out of you.” But the medium also means that in order for the story to be scary, the story and writing need to be excellent. Duchovny pointed out that in an audio drama you can’t depend on props, sets, or fancy special effects to scare people, or to make up for poor acting or poor writing, the words and the way they are delivered are the whole story.

X-Files fans that have already finished the “Cold Cases” do not have to despair, they have something else to look forward too. A second X-Files audio series that immediately follows the first in timeline called “Stolen Lives” will be released this call, also through Audible.

We got to hear some of the story from “Cold Cases” and they sounded great, almost like listening to Mulder and Scully talk on walkie-talkies. But one piece of advice for our readers: maybe don’t listen to it while driving.

(Last Updated July 23, 2017 5:33 pm)

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 24 Jul - 5:15

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 24 Jul - 6:26

lorka13

#mydreamcametrue#xfiles#thexfiles#bigfan#davidduchovny#duchovny#fanofdavidduchovny#actor
#comiccon2017#comucconsd#comiccon#benefitsofjob#дэвиддуховны#секретныематериалы

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 24 Jul - 6:55

Credit: Paulina Nowicka

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 24 Jul - 13:02

THE X-FILES Panel At Comic-Con 2017 | Season 10 | THE X-FILES
The X-Files

Published on Jul 24, 2017

Dirk Maggs & David Duchovny discuss the revamp of the classic show, THE X-FILES, and what's to come this season.

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 24 Jul - 13:14

X-Files Panel: David Duchovny and Dirk Maggs (Comic Con International: San Diego 2017)
Audible

Published on Jul 24, 2017

A conversation with The X-Files: Cold Cases star David Duchovny and producer Dirk Maggs, moderated by Kat Lambrix of Audible Studios. Messrs. Duchovny and Maggs discuss revisiting the rich, sonic tapestry of the X-Files universe; what it means to tell more of Mulder and Scully's story in this Audible Original drama; and how fans can join the duo's investigations and experience them like never before by putting on a pair of headphones. Cold Cases is available exclusively from Audible: http://www.audible.com/xfiles

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 24 Jul - 19:40

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veritox on Mon 24 Jul - 19:45

Thanks!!
veritox
Working Girl
Working Girl

Number of posts : 11
Your favorite David's role : Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2017-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 24 Jul - 20:00

doeroseq

The "holy grail" panel of 7/22/17 that took place in my room where I was ushering at #sandiegocomiccon2017 was the last one for the day--"#xfiles: a conversation between #davidduchovny and #dirkmaggs. Con-goers packed into the room to hear what this iconic #scifi TV star had to say about the audio-only reboot of the much beloved TV series called #xfilescoldcases that is coming soon to #audible. This concept harkens back to the olden days of serial radio plays. It's kinda like a VERY enhanced "Books on Tape" production. Duchovny is reprising his #foxmulder role and Gillian Anderson is reprising her #danascully role. Unfortunately, she couldn't make it to #sdcc due to working on a project overseas. I'm sure that if she HAD also been in there, the panel room would have been waaaaay crazier with tons more people wanting to be inside that room! 😳
Anyway, David was there witn Dirk Maggs."
From his Wikipedia listing:
"[He is a] freelance writer and director working across all media, is principally known for his work in radio, where he evolved radio drama into "Audio Movies," a near-visual approach combining scripts, layered sound effects, cinematic music and cutting edge technology."
David D. was sooo hilarious btw. He has such a clever, dry, and acerbic wit. He was cracking up the audience frequently. 🤣🤣🤣
Love him! 💗
#xfiles #sandiegocomiccon #sdcc2017 #sdccpanel #sdcc

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 25 Jul - 14:52

Craig Chaddock

DSC_6311

David Duchovny and Dirk Maggs on the X-Files: Cold Cases panel about the audio series. San Diego Comic-Con 2017.

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 25 Jul - 18:54

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 26 Jul - 4:45

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Thu 27 Jul - 5:56

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Thu 27 Jul - 12:32

foxmuldersfiles

@davidduchovny at @comic_con 👽❤
#xfiles #themostunwanted #trust #believe
#thetruthisoutthere #iwanttobelieve
#aliens #ufo #guns #fbi #cells #spaceship
#foxwilliammulder #agentmulder #mulder
#davidduchovny #actor #singer #producer
#xfilespanel #xfilescoldcases #audioable #tunes
#comiccon #comiccon2017 #woop #fun

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sun 30 Jul - 18:24

San Diego Comic-Con: X-Files: A Conversation Between David Duchovny and Dirk Maggs

Flukeman, plane rides, canon, and future tales were discussed.

by Patrick Hayes
July 31, 2017

Saturday night, beginning at 6:45, July 22, a panel was held at the San Diego Comic-Con to promote Audible’s release of The X-Files: Cold Cases. This four hour audio experience was released on July 18. At this panel was moderator Kat Lambrix, producer at Audible, Dirk Maggs, producer of the drama, and David Duchovny, the actor who played F.B.I. agent Fox Mulder on the iconic series. Naturally David was addressed the most during the panel.

The trio took the stage accompanied by the theme song to the show. Upon sitting, David tried to speak to the audience, but the music was still too loud, and he knew this. It turned down quickly, with the star saying, “That song is always behind me.” This was the first laugh of the evening.

David was funny during the panel, often poking fun at his acting. He opened the panel by stating how difficult it was to do sounds on this project, especially making sounds that would signal he was being hit during a fight. He demonstrated a few, while jerking his body side to side. Ending with “Fans who want to hear Mulder and Scully in conjugal bliss. They can hear it.” Then he repeated the same grunts and moans he made while acting like he was being hit.

When asked if doing this project was similar to radio, David stated, “I used to listen to The Shadow. There was something charming about them.” He went on to stress that there is one similar characteristic between those old radio dramas and Cold Cases. “You need a story. You have to have a story. That’s the power of these.”

Duchovny went to to say that it wasn’t too difficult to get back into character. “A lot of Mulder is the voice. Is the rhythm. It’s an interesting challenge (this kind of work) to face as an actor. I had to lean on the generosity of others to see how it (my performance) played.”

There was one key factor to ensure that David did this project. “I had to check it out with Chris (Carter). Was this going to go against what he’s done? That was it for me.”

Dirk Maggs was sure to mention that this story came from a comic book written by Joe Harris. “These are absolutely top comics by Joe Harris.” He asked for Joe, who was in the audience, to take a bow. Expanding on how good the story is, Dirk said he was mixing stuff at three a.m. and he kept jerking his headphones off because the sounds, especially Flukeman, was so creepy.

This prompted David to tell the story of being on a long airplane ride in 1995. The show was known at the time and he just wanted a quiet flight. “This guy sits next to me, looking at me. I was like, ****, five hours of this. Every time I look over at him, he smiles at me.” After a few hours, the passenger asked if David could sign his book. “‘Make it out To my nemesis.’ Why would I do that? ‘I’m Darin Morgan, the Flukeman.'” The audience exploded in laughter and applause. Looking sheepish, David admitted, “I only only knew him in the suit. That was the longest ****ing joke that was ever played on me.”

Asked if he cares about a story being canon, David said, “I don’t care. I’m not the keeper of that. I don’t know what canon is. If Chris is cool, I’m fine.”

When the supporting actors were revealed, among them the Lone Gunmen, David and Dirk were asked which of the trio should narrate their biographies. David said Flukeman and Dirk said Frohike.

After this an announcement was made that there is already a sequel planned for another Audible outing: The X-Files: Stolen Lives. It is now available for pre-order on Audible. Dirk teased that there’s a “ghostly hint of William (Mulder and Scully’s son) in this one.” A question from the audience was if there were any hints that he’s a monster. David responded, “Well…he’s a teenager.”

Another audience member asked if there was anything that could be said about Season 11 of the television series. “I haven’t gotten a script yet,” was the unfortunate answer from David.

The final audience question was what David’s favorite episode was. He didn’t think too long before saying, “Post Modern Prometheus. I also like Small Potatoes.”

The show’s theme music came up, ending the panel, and the three left the dais.

As a fan of The X-Files, both on screen and printed by IDW Publishing, it was neat to hear about this project and to see Duchovny in person. If one is interested in purchasing this adventure, go to https://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/The-X-Files-Cold-Cases-Audiobook/B06Y46VB4L

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top