The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

‘The X Files’ Returns to Channel 5 in the U.K.

Go down

Post by jade1013 on Thu 16 Nov - 7:10

November 16, 2017 5:00AM PT

Viacom-owned U.K. net seals deal with Fox

By Stewart Clarke

CREDIT: Courtesy Fox

Channel 5 has acquired the upcoming season “The X Files” from Fox and will bring it to U.K. viewers in 2018.

The Viacom-owned free-to-air network has acquired the new season from Fox having fared well with the previous six-episode outing of the show. The launch episode of the previous series was Channel 5’s most popular ever show and 10.1 million tuned in over its full run.

The series is being filmed in Canada and Fox said this week it will bow on January 3. Channel 5 is expected to broadcast the show close the U.S. broadcast on Fox.

Katie Keenan, VP, Acquisitions, Channel 5 and VIMN UK said: “The last series was a huge success with a legion of new fans enjoying this iconic and contemporized series.”

“We’re thrilled to be back in partnership with Channel 5 on this next event series of one of the biggest brands in TV that made such an impact in 2016,” added Fox’s U.K. and EMEA distribution chief David Smyth.

The new series sees David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprise their roles as FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.

Mitch Pileggi also returns as FBI Asst. Director Walter Skinner and there will be guest-star appearances by Annabeth Gish, Robbie Amell, and William B. Davis, who reprises his role as Cigarette Smoking Man.

The new series is executive produced by show creator Chris Carter. 20th Century Fox Television and Ten Thirteen Productions make “The X Files.”

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 113811
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ‘The X Files’ Returns to Channel 5 in the U.K.

Post by jade1013 on Wed 24 Jan - 8:22

The X-Files return date and time – revealed!

Find out when season 11 will be showing on Channel 5

By David Brown
Wednesday, 24th January 2018 at 3:30 pm

Channel 5 has revealed that season 11 of The X-Files will begin on Monday 5 February at 9.00pm.

Ten new episodes will see original series stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reunite for more investigations into the paranormal, beginning with the resolution of last season’s cliffhanger.

As fans saw in 2017, Scully was last witnessed battling a global plague that was wiping out millions, while Mulder had tracked down the long-thought-dead enemy of The X-Files, the one known only as the Cigarette Smoking Man.

Anderson revealed late last year that the 11th season would be her last on the hit drama, stating:

“It’s time for me to hang up Scully’s hat. It just is. I arrived at the decision before we did season 10, but I was really curious.

“I felt that the previous six [episodes] was going to be it. It was dipping our toe back in again and getting to play these wonderful characters again.”

Radio Times

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 24 Jan - 10:52

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 2 Feb - 17:05

TV Preview: The X-Files (Channel 5, Monday 9pm)

In these Trumpian times of rampant conspiracy theories, what better antidote than to welcome the return of Mulder and Scully to our screens? Sean O’Grady, for one, is a believer...

Sean O'Grady
@_seanogrady
an hour ago

The magical chemistry is still there, though I’d say that Fox is a bit grumpier and Dana a little more emotional than I remember them Channel 5/Fox

They’re back! I was going to say on terrestrial TV, but maybe that should be extra-terrestrial TV…? Yes, it’s Mulder and Scully, returning for another run, with Channel 5 hosting their revived quest for “the truth”. Continuing the policy since The X-Files was revivified a couple of years ago, makers Fox have stayed commendably true to the classic original, right down to the eerie title sequences and the retention of cigarette-smoking man (William B Davis), Assistant Director Walter Skinner (Mitch Pileggi), agent Monica Reyes, (Annabeth Gish) and of course Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully) and David Duchovny (Fox Mulder). Creator Chris Carter is still involved too, hence the intricate stories and still-stylish cinematography – this is no cheaply made sequel series.

The magical chemistry is still there too, though I’d say that Fox is a bit grumpier and Dana a little more emotional than when they started out. You’ll also be reassured to encounter the usual life forms from outer space, dreams-that-aren’t-dreams, UFOs (obvs), the dark web, Roswell, and plots within plots. Otherwise the most dizzying mystery in this new 10-episode run Series 11 of The X-Files is how Mulder and Scully look so incredibly youthful. It is almost as if they were abducted by aliens in 2002 and injected with some DNA from a race of beings that simply never grows old. After all those years these agents probably ought to have had a few promotions at the Federal Bureau of Investigation and, out here in the real world of Donald Trump, one or both of them should have been sacked by the President for their attempts to uncover his links to Russia and, quite conceivably, his unnatural, inexplicable behaviour than could only be explained by some sort of external intervention. Perhaps Trump is one of the lizard people. Or maybe I am simply imagining things, and I only see what I wish to see. At any rate, these days do seem ripe for a new set of conspiracy theories involving the FBI to flourish. It might be of some commercial benefit to all concerned too. As Agent Scully says in one episode: “There’s a lot of money to be made in scaring people.” An abiding truth, right there.

The Independent

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum