The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

2018/05/07 - David at Books Inc. Opera Plaza in San Francisco, CA

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: 2018/05/07 - David at Books Inc. Opera Plaza in San Francisco, CA

Post by jade1013 on Tue 8 May - 5:05

chey_tea

Books Inc. Opera Plaza

Tonight I got to meet on of my biggest crushes. 😍 @davidduchovny One of the best experiences of my life was listening to this man talk! ❤️ #sanfrancisco #davidduchovny #misssubways #bookreading #hankmoody #californiacation

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 114163
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 8 May - 5:07

hannah0711

This is a normal occurrence. Totally just your average Monday. #davidduchovny #misssubway Thank you to @books_inc for a great event and for making my life seem more interesting than it is.

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 8 May - 5:10

expired_data

Officially, we weren't supposed to have any sort of table photos....oops! 😂 #davidduchovny

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 8 May - 8:46

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 8 May - 9:12

books_inc

Just a wee bit dramatic with @davidduchovny at Opera Plaza. #MissSubways @fsgbooks @macmillanusa

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 8 May - 9:15

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 8 May - 9:18

ivysomething

#HolyCow I just met David Duchovny at the bookstore. 😱 It all started when I pre-ordered a book I glimpsed at this weekend and couldn’t stop thinking about. Then I bought David’s newest novel #MissSubways which came with a ticket. The next thing I know, I’m standing up in a room of people and a line forms behind me. Oh sweet karma/luck/goddess of the stars: How did you choose me to meet #DavidDuchovny first? 💀 Something told me to put on extra deodorant today. So glad I listened! Then David appeared and smiled and told me that “Somebody’s gotta do it...stand up first and lead!” He signed my book and said “Thank you, Ivy” (and I lived to tell this story 😂).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
He was a kind and genuine human being. He talked about writing poetry and plays before he got into acting, his “big break” in Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead, and how that film connected him to landing the role of Denise/Dennis in #TwinPeaks. He never even met David Lynch until they shared the screen together in the show’s most recent return. And to satisfy the giddy X-Files fan within all of humanity, he confirmed that memorizing Mulder’s infamous run-on technical lines in #TheXFiles was not easy to do...so he’d practice saying them as fast as he could, and when that didn’t fly, he’d say them as slow as possible. 👽
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
His newest book #MissSubways is a supernatural love story about a woman who takes the subway in New York. I’m still finishing #HolyCow, a quirky tale about a cow who can talk, which was originally meant to be an animated film (and still could be one day).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Now, I’m celebrating this magical moment having dinner with my freshly signed David Duchovny book and a chicken pot pie at the same time. And I’m not dreaming!? Seriously though, I’ve never had gravy on TOP of a pot pie before. This is a genius culinary move.👌 My internal tears of ultimate nerd-out joys live on forever. 🤓💃📚 #BestMonday #SF #magic

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 8 May - 9:24

chey_tea

Books Inc. Opera Plaza

@davidduchovny #californiacation #hankmoody #xfiles #yas #bookreading #misssubways

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 8 May - 10:58

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 8 May - 16:44

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 8 May - 16:50

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 9 May - 12:35

David Duchovny Book Discussion May 7 (Audio) Books, Inc

IndieFanGirl
Publicado em 9 de mai de 2018

David Duchovny Book Discussion May 7 (Audio) Books, Inc
Thanks to Vicki Luy for recording and sharing these great insights to David's new novel Miss Subways.

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchovny on Thu 10 May - 6:46

THANKS
Duchovny
Phantom
Phantom

Number of posts : 17203
Emploi : Housewife
Your favorite David's role : Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2011-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Thu 10 May - 11:24

An Awkward Evening with David Duchovny in San Francisco

Posted by Mary Anne Butler May 10, 2018

David Duchovny isn’t just that guy from The X-Files, and perhaps it’s time more fans acknowledge that. I say this because earlier this week, I spent an evening at a book signing with the author of the newly released Miss Subways, his third published novel.

To explain: I was really excited to attend this event, as Opera Books Inc. is one of my favorite places in San Francisco, and my second favorite bookstore (Kepler’s in Menlo Park takes that honor). Previously having spent an evening with Anne Rice in the same location, I had really high hopes for the evening.

Duchovny seemed lethargically distracted, something that certainly wasn’t helped by the moderator of the evening, John McMurtrie (book editor at the SF Chronicle). Nothing against John personally, but the energy level was severely lacking, and moments of awkward attempts at brevity did not connect with the gathered crowd.

The staff at Opera Books did their best, as they always do, to accommodate requests from the guest and his management, there were no items signed other than the new book (totally understandable) and no photos allowed (more on that later). I completely agree with the hardline on “no memorabilia” for this particular time, because the assembled audience had a decidedly X-Files bent.

“Good luck asking me anything I haven’t heard before,” he said when the Q & A started. The spread-out chuckles of the listeners more polite than actually humored.

Imagining what it’s been like for Duchovny for almost 20 years as this recognizable face from a tv series, I can again understand his hesitation and outright dismissal of questions about his FBI character. While not ‘rude’ per say, you could tell he was mostly done with the subject. There were, of course, audience questions that he’s heard thousands of times — “how did you rattle off all those long lines of dialogue,” stuff like that. The two Twin Peaks questions seemed to have delighted him, though.

He only really came to life when asked about his family, and about the future of a film adaptation of his second book, Bucky F*cking Dent. Long in the works, the film (written and directed by Duchovny) is making slow moves towards production starting.

Probably the worst-most-embarassing moment of my photography experience came at the beginning of the event, when David asked what the loud sound was (it was the shutter of my Canon) and called it annoying.

“It’s my camera,” I said sheepishly, cheeks blazing and wanting to crawl into the bookshelves to hide. “Oh, it’s YOU,” he exclaimed, and made a dismissive hand waving motion towards the back of the room. I took the hint and sat in the back for the remainder of the talk. (Yes, I was approved to be there by his management and the store, so this wasn’t a “this fan is too close” thing.)

“I see you trying.”

I did manage to sneak one last photo during the signing portion though, and his expression sort of says it all. Sorry not sorry, Hank Moody.

Miss Subways is available now, as is David’s most recent album release, Every Third Thought. Thanks again to Opera Books Inc.; love you guys.

(Last Updated May 10, 2018 1:05 pm )

Last edited by jade1013 on Wed 16 May - 21:14; edited 1 time in total

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchovny on Fri 11 May - 5:36

thanks
Duchovny