The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

Buy This Comic: The X-Files: Case Files – Flordia Man #1

Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 18 Apr - 7:34

By Insha Fitzpatrick 04.18.2018 :: 10:00AM EDT benwyyatt

“In “Florida Man…” Scully and Mulder are sent to a small Florida town to investigate a rash of bizarre crimes only to find themselves in the clutches of an alligator-worshipping cult.”

THE X-FILES: CASE FILES – FLORIDA MAN #1
(W): Delilah S. Dawson (A): Elena Casagrande (I): Silvia Califano (C): Arianna Florean (L): Shawn Lee (CA): Catherine Nodet & J. J. Lendl

I don’t think they’ll ever be a time where The X-Files will fizzle out. Who would want it to? With the current season over and another on the way, The X-Files has remained a constant staple in every geek’s life that believes that there are the fun, fascinating, unexplainable and profoundly creepy things out in the universe. It’s only right that comics continue the stories of Mulder and Scully. For the 25th anniversary of The X-Files, IDW has decided to give fans what they’ve always wanted, a crack inside some of their case files. We’ve had some X-Files comics and stories before, showcasing what type of shenanigans these two get into. However, now we’re diving straight into some of the case files of the famous duo and boy, is the first one something to marvel at.

via IDW

Delilah S. Dawson is a pro at writing a funny and engaging story that keeps you leaning in for more. With this story, she also knows the material like the back of her hand. I think this may very well be my favorite thing she’s written. It’s often hard to write an X-Files story. It takes a keen, talented and witty pen to dive into the world of Mulder and Scully. You have to see things from two different perspectives but then come together as one and Dawson does this flawlessly.

Dawson develops a case file that feels like an unfolding crime caper, pushing you out of town just to keep its secrets at bay.She pushes into the oncoming weird territory headfirst that carries a heavy hint of mystery that keeps you guessing to where it will go. Dawson skillfully brings you the pieces. She gives a little taste of the setting, the vibes of the creepy gator worshipping town and the twists of uncertainty. Dawson will leave you in this small hot alligator-loving Floridian town, begging for some answers.

There’s one thing in particular that Dawson truly understands that X-Files fans (or casually readers picking this up for the first time) will love about the series. The chemistry and banter between Dana Scully and Fox Mulder. Dawson develops their dialogue in a way that comes across naturally, and there’s never a beat to them. They bounce back and forth off each other just as you would see in the series. Dawson somehow makes their interactions a little funnier and dare I say… a bit doper. It’s so great to see these two together. It’s even better to see them work on openly genuine and undeniable chemistry.

via IDW

Elena Casagrande’s art turns the mystery up a notch that builds off of the eerie look of the landscape, and small features slyly caught with expressions from the characters. The one thing I love about Casagrande’s art is the facial expression of all of the characters, especially Mulder and Scully’s. There’s never the same face twice. Each appearance is unique in itself. Another thing that’s unbelievable is the framing of the panels. The takes these panels in a way that you’d see in the show. High, low, medium and the action is something to die for as well, with panels slanted to the side that almost resemble a Hitchcock poster. Casagrande’s art could storyboard shots for a future episode.

She gives astonishing details that are enhanced by Silvia Califano’s inks, giving the panels hard inks that cast shadows but also gives it even more personality and mystery. These two work hand in hand to present a look that makes you look closer in what’s hidden behind every panel. I will also say Casagrande and Califano work perfectly together to give Scully the hair that everyone will and must envy.

via IDW

Arianna Florean is the heart of this team. She uses her colors to bring out that hot, hot Floridian charism and charm that everyone loves. Her colors are warm and scenic, with the grass on the highway illuminating the panel in lush nature-ish greens. As well as realistic and warm colors that give off the heat that Mulder melts into and matches it with Scully’s comfort of it with her calm blues. You’re sent into a mood of relaxation and a place of residence in this strange town because Florean’s colors make it a place you want to stay for awhile.

When crime comics come into play, there’s going to be a ton of dialogue thrown at the reader. It almost daring them to keep up with the mystery. Shawn Lee keeps the dialogue at a steady pace. This allows you to keep up with the investigation and the quick exchanges. He does a masterful job of guiding our eyes. He places where you can soak in every detail of what Casagrande, Califano, and Florean give us with their combined art.

via IDW

If you’re worried about believing in this X-Files adventure, you must believe in it with all your might. The X-Files: Case Files – Flordia Man #1 comes with phenomenally written chemistry and a story shrouded in secrecy. The X-Files: Case Files – Flordia Man #1 is now available on Comixology and your local comic shop.

Geek

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 113136
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Buy This Comic: The X-Files: Case Files – Flordia Man #1

Post by jade1013 on Fri 20 Apr - 19:53

chimerart:

Proud to share my whole #TheXFiles comic book cover for #IDWPublishing  #FloridaMan part1 released 04.18.2018 Smile)

Now available on redbubble: http://urlz.fr/6VQk

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 25 Apr - 5:52

X-Files Case Files Florida Man #1 Review: The Mystery Investigated at Last

Posted by Joshua Davison April 24, 2018

X-Files Case Files: Florida Man #1

8 Reviewer

BC Rating 8/10

Summary

Writer: Delilah S. Dawson, Artist: Elena Casagrande, Inker: Silvia Califano, Color Artist: Arianna Florean, Letters: Shawn Lee, Cover by: Catherine Nodet, Variant Covers by: J.J Lendl; Charles Paul Wilson III, Assistant Editor: Elizabeth Brei, Editor: Denton J. Tipton, Publisher: Greg Goldstein, Executive Producer: Chris Carter, Publishing Company: IDW Publishing, Release Date: Out Now, Price: $3.99

Scully and Mulder arrive in Ocala, Florida to investigate the infamous case of the “Florida Man.” The trail leads them to an encounter with an open-air artist, an unhelpful local sheriff, an alligator-filled pawn shop, and a meth-ridden trailer park community. The trail becomes more treacherous when they stumble across a domestic situation.

X-Files Case Files: Florida Man #1 cover Catherine Nodet

I won’t lie, the idea of focusing on the “Florida Man” idea seemed silly to me. To its credit, X-Files leans into it somewhat, with the duo making more wisecracks and glib observations than usual.

In the end, it all works too. I had a lot of fun reading this comic. Mulder is constantly making jokes about the heat and Florida in general. Scully plays off him, trying to remain more task-focused than Fox. While there are some grisly real-world crimes referenced, the book never delves too deeply into gloom to cause tonal whiplash with all the one-liners being rattled off.

What is weird is that the comic never actually acknowledges that “Florida Man” is just a joke about the frequency of its use in headlines in weird Florida news stories. There’s never a moment where Fox Mulder explains that it’s just one “Florida Man.” The comic just assumes that it’s always been one guy.

X-Files Case Files: Florida Man #1 art by Elena Casagrande, Silvia Califano, and Arianna Florean

Elena Casagrande’s artwork looks great, capturing the likeness of David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson with ease and minimal line work to accomplish the task. There is an appealing sleekness to the overall comic too. Arianna Florean’s color work is very bright and visually appealing for it. The comic is quite gorgeous on the whole.

X-Files Case Files: Florida Man #1 is a fun first entry into this two-part story. The premise is ridiculous, but the book has fun with it. The dialogue is great, the characters are their likable selves, and I look forward to seeing what the weird explanation for this one is. Plus, the art team does great work. This one gets a recommendation.

Bleeding Cool News

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchovny on Tue 1 May - 0:53

thanks
Duchovny
Phantom
Phantom

Number of posts : 17128
Emploi : Housewife
Your favorite David's role : Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2011-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 18 May - 15:08

SCULLY's FLORIDA MAN Investigation Takes Her to Church in X-FILES: CASE FILES #2 Preview

By Newsarama Staff May 18, 2018 08:32am ET

Check out a preview of next week's X-Files: Case Files - Florida Man... #2.

The X-Files: Case Files—Florida Man... #2 (of 2)
Delilah S. Dawson (w) • Elena Casagrande & Silvia Califano (a) • Catherine Nodet (cover a) • J.J. Lendl (cover b) • Charles Paul Wilson III (cover ri)
Witness the stunning conclusion to our first installment of Case Files! While investigating a rash of bizarre crimes in a small Florida town, Scully and Mulder find themselves in the clutches of an alligator-worshiping cult!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Newsarama

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 21 May - 19:18

Preview of The X-Files: Case Files – Florida Man… #2

May 22, 2018 by Gary Collinson

IDW Publishing releases The X-Files: Case Files – Florida Man… #2 this Wednesday, and you can take a look at a preview of the issue here…

Witness the stunning conclusion to our first installment of Case Files! While investigating a rash of bizarre crimes in a small Florida town, Scully and Mulder find themselves in the clutches of an alligator-worshiping cult!

The X-Files: Case Files – Florida Man… #2 is set for release on Wednesday, May 21st, priced $3.99.

Flickering Myth

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchovny on Wed 23 May - 7:31

thanks
Duchovny
Phantom
Phantom

Number of posts : 17128
Emploi : Housewife
Your favorite David's role : Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2011-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 23 May - 10:28

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 29 May - 4:52

X-Files Case Files: Florida Man #2 Review: Could Have Been Stranger

Posted by Joshua Davison May 28, 2018

X-Files Case Files: Florida Man #2

6.5 / 10 Reviewer

Summary

Writer: Delilah S. Dawson, Artist: Elena Casagrande, Inker: Silvia Califano, Color Artist: Arianna Florean, Letters: Shawn Lee, Cover by: Catherine Nodet, Variant Covers by: J.J Lendl; Charles Paul Wilson III, Assistant Editor: Elizabeth Brei, Editor: Denton J. Tipton, Publisher: Greg Goldstein, Executive Producer: Chris Carter, Publishing Company: IDW Publishing, Release Date: Out Now, Price: $3.99

After the scuffle in the Florida street, Mulder and Scully continue their investigation into the mysterious Florida Man. The sheriff keeps trying to shrug the off, but they have two places to investigate yet. Scully investigates the local church. Mulder goes out to the trailer park where the sheriff claims meth is made.

X-Files Case Files: Florida Man #2 cover by Catherine Nodet

Florida Man #2 is oddly conventional ending for an X-Files story. Things aren’t as out there as they normally are, yet it hits the plot beats that you would expect. That’s not to say it’s especially predictable, but it feels like a stereotype of an X-Files plot. Plus, it doesn’t explain the “Florida Man” phenomenon like it promises.

The chemistry between Mulder and Sculler is the strongest part of this issue, just like the previous Florida Man installment. All the best moments are one-liners exchanged between our two heroic FBI agents.

The pacing begins to hit breakneck in the second half. It’s like the comic suddenly realized it has a lot to wrap up and raced towards a conclusion.

Also, it loses points for using the threat of sexual assault of a woman to build tension.

X-Files Case Files: Florida Man #2 art by Elena Casagrande, Silvia Califano, and Arianna Florean

Elena Casagrande’s artwork is once more very good, and it makes economic use of detailing to create something both photorealistic and a little cartoonish. Mulder and Scully look like Mulder and Scully, which is an impressive feat. Silvia Califano’s inkwork is solid, and Arianna Florean’s color art is bright, eye-catching, and gives the comic a sense of heat and exasperation.

X-Files Case Files: Florida Man #2 isn’t a satisfying ending to the story, but it’s saved by quirks, charms, and the chemistry between its leads. I can’t say that I had a bad experience in reading this, even if the comic could have gone far more eldritch and out there than it did. That said, the pacing is quicker than many comics, the art is good, and the book is generally fun. This one earns a recommendation, though it’s not required reading. Feel free to check it out though.

Bleeding Cool News

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchovny on Tue 29 May - 6:34

thanks
Duchovny
Phantom