The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

David Duchovny On Charles Manson In Aquarius; Crying Over New Script O

View previous topic View next topic Go down

David Duchovny On Charles Manson In Aquarius; Crying Over New Script O

Post by sir on Wed 27 May - 19:55

David Duchovny On Charles Manson In Aquarius; Crying Over New Script Of X-Files

Good times are ahead for fans of David Duchovny. He is not only returning to TV this week in the new NBC series, Aquarius but he will be reprising his role in The X-Files along with Gillian Anderson.

Currently, Duchovny stars as LAPD detective Sam Hodiak, an old school cop having trouble adjusting to the changing times in 1967. The fictionalized story follows what happens when Hodiak begins an off the books investigation into the disappearance of the teenage daughter (Emma Dumont) of an old girlfriend – and discovers she’s joined a group of drifters who’ve fallen under the leadership of Charles Manson (Game of Thrones’ Gethin Anthony), who’s a couple of years away from the 1969 murders that would make him infamous.

On his character’s take on Charles Manson

“[F]irst of all, my guy, Sam Hodiak, is an LAPD homicide detective. He grew up in the teens and the 1920s, so what he sees in the 60s in LA, he doesn’t like at all. He does not like the hair. He doesn’t like the drugs. He’s like Joe Friday. So then when he comes across Manson, Manson to him looks like a hippie, which he doesn’t like off the bat. But actually he can see through Manson. Manson is really just a pimp and a convict and a check forger. He doesn’t think much of it at all. He just thinks he’s a punk. So he underestimates him, if that’s the right word to use. He doesn’t see it coming and I find that interesting. He doesn’t see the 60s coming. He doesn’t see any of it coming.”

On NBC’s release pattern of Aquarius

“I think it’s a sign of the times. I think it’s smart because our show is more of a cable model type show in that it’s really a full season and therefore we don’t wrap things up hour by hour, week by week. I think it lends itself to binge viewing. Watch two or three at a time, watch the whole season at a time, whatever you want to do. The kind of storytelling that the show is involved in, I think lends itself to this type of viewing.”

Duchovny also recently told Entertainment Weekly that the first page of The X-Files revivial script made him cry—and it is fantastic.

“I got the first script this morning. I just read it about an hour ago and I started crying reading the first page. It was just so strange to see the names on the page. It had nothing to do with the script itself. It was just like, I’d been talking about this for a long time. We’d been planning it for a long time. It took a long time to get all the people in the same place and get the deal with Fox. So let’s say two years we’ve been talking about doing it. Now it’s the fun part. Now we actually get to do it. That was nice and strangely emotional for me, and I’ll have to figure out how to use that [in the performance].”
Other former co-stars, such as Mitch Pileggi (Walter Skinner) and William B. Davis (Cigarette Smoking Man) are back too. On the writing side, series creator Chris Carter is back, along with original writers Glen Morgan and James Wong.

Although Fox only ordered six episodes, Duchovny revealed that he is interested in more episodes of The X-Files.

“I would be open to doing another cycle. I don’t know that I could do a 20-episode version of this show at this point in my life, and I don’t know that Gillian could. But I think everybody is open ended on what happens after this. Certainly, we didn’t bring it back with the idea of ending it.”

Business2community.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 100670
Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody and Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2007-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Duchovny On Charles Manson In Aquarius; Crying Over New Script O

Post by jade1013 on Wed 27 May - 19:57

jade1013