The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

13 Questions For 'Aquarius' Star Emma Dumont: Model Of The Moment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 21 Jul - 9:08

Jul 21, 2015 11:42 AM EDT
By Britteny Dee

(Photo : Courtesy/Bryan Whitley)

From fun-loving, bubbly ballerina to wealthy teenager who runs away with notorious criminal Charles Manson, Emma Dumont has played a wide range of characters on the small screen. But being a versatile actress isn't the 20-year-old's only talent.

Dumont, who played Melanie Segel in ABC's "Bunheads" and currently portrays Emma Karn on NBC's "Aquarius,"  has also made a name for herself as a model.

Since getting scouted at age 13, Dumont, who signed with Wilhelmina Models in 2013, has appeared in a slew of magazines and traveled the world for work.

Keep reading to check out our interview with Dumont, who discusses everything from her "Aquarius" role to her favorite brands. 

1. How did you get your start in the modeling industry?

"I started modeling when I was pretty young. I grew up in Seattle and did kids' catalogs up there.  When I was 13, I got scouted on a public bus, and then a bit later, I won the V Magazine V A Model competition through Ford."

2. Tell us about your role in "Aquarius." What sort of preparation did you have to do for it?

"I play a 16-year-old child of wealth and privilege. She meets Charles Manson at a party and decides to run away from home and join his family. My character is very naïve and is sort of experiencing everything for the first time, which is really interesting. I read a lot of books and watched movies about the time period as most of my preparation."

3. How is being a model different from being an actress? How is it similar?

"The two aren't actually that different — one is just still images and one is moving pictures. Besides that, they both involve a great deal of acting and movement, which is fun."

4. What's one thing about being a model people might be surprised to hear?

"People would be surprised to know that models are super nice, down to earth and really hard working. I think people might get the idea that we're super competitive, but we are really friendly and have great work ethic."

5. How would you describe your personal style?

"I couldn't really put my personal style into words — it's kind of all over the place. I will say I wear a lot of black though. Today I'm wearing black skinny jeans, leopard and black creepers and a leather jacket."

6. What are your beauty essentials?

"My main go-tos are any Kiehl's moisturizer, and I love a matte MAC lipstick."

(Photo : Getty Images/Julien M. Hekimian)

7. What models do you look up to any why?

"I like Coco Rocha — she has great movement — and Karlie Kloss because she's starting to get into computer programming.  I think she's a good role model — showing that you can be pretty and smart."

(Photo : Getty Images/Neilson Barnard)

8. What are some of your favorite brands?

"I absolutely love anything Marc by Marc [Jacobs]. It's young and fresh and perfect for anyone around my age. I also like Kate Spade for a similar reason, though it tends towards the girly, elegant side."

9. While traveling for work, what has been your favorite place to visit and why?

"Tokyo has definitely been one of my favorite places to travel. It's just a fantastic city with great food and great shopping."

10. Where are some of your favorite places to hang out in L.A.? How about in NYC?

"In NYC, I'd say the New York Public Library in Bryant Park is a favorite spot. It's absolutely stunning.  As for L.A., there are a ton of great beaches here. I love Manhattan Beach."

11. When you're not working, you like to build robots... Can you tell us more about that?

"I do like to build robots. I started building robots in high school on a competitive robotics team and now I mentor middle and high school students. I love building stuff with my hands and using machines."

(Photo : Courtesy/Sandra Freij)

12. What advice do you have for aspiring models?

"My only piece of advice would be to take every opportunity you get and to be confident in yourself. That's really all you need."

13. Do you have any upcoming projects you can tell us more about?

"I'm actually getting ready to go back into filming for 'Aquarius' right now. Season two is going to be a blast!"

Fashion Times

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 110307
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 Questions For 'Aquarius' Star Emma Dumont: Model Of The Moment

Post by sir on Tue 21 Jul - 9:09

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir