The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

2x01 - I'm So Tired

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2x01 - I'm So Tired

Post by jade1013 on Tue 27 Oct - 21:54

ncollini

#letthegamesbegin #season2 #aquarius #nbcuniversal #samhodiak @davidduchovny

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 108637
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x01 - I'm So Tired

Post by sir on Wed 28 Oct - 2:43

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 100670
Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody and Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2007-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchovny on Wed 28 Oct - 7:59

WOW!!!
Duchovny
Phantom
Phantom

Number of posts : 16668
Emploi : Housewife
Your favorite David's role : Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2011-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Thu 5 Nov - 18:25

Director: Jonas Pate

Writer: John McNamara

IMDb

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 6 Nov - 1:13

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Mon 16 May - 16:51

Credit: Spoiler Tv

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 16 May - 16:59

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Mon 16 May - 17:06

In UHQ

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 16 May - 17:21

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stephanie perege on Tue 24 May - 9:17

Thanks very much.
stephanie perege
Kalifornia
Kalifornia

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2009-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 25 May - 4:26

NBC Shares First Images From ‘Aquarius’ Season 2

By Amanda Joyce May 24, 2016 05:31 PM

Photo Credit: NBC Universal Television

We’re less than a month away from the season two premiere of Aquarius, and NBC has released their first look at the new season, which looks to pick up not long after the events of the first season left off.

In episode one, called “I’m So Tired,” it looks like Hodiak (David Duchovny) and Shafe (Grey Damon) will be thrown right into a new case. We can’t forget that, despite its 60s setting and the Manson Murders looming in the distant timeline, the show is still a crime procedural.

It does look like the question of whether Brian F. O’Byrne will be back as Ken is answered fairly quickly though as we last saw him struggling with a gun in a car. It looks like he will be having to cover up yet another death as season two kicks off, though his wife (Michaela McManus) looks to have officially moved on with Hodiak.

It’s unclear whether or not she’ll make an appearance in the first hour of the double episode premiere, but Claire Holt’s Charmaine is definitely back as well as we see in a still from “Happiness is a Warm Gun.” Her fate was also left on a cliffhanger in the season one finale as she set out to go undercover on her own. Just how much danger she winds up in though remains to be seen.

There are also going to be a lot of new faces in Charles Manson’s (Gethin Anthony) little family this season, and it looks like they even managed to find themselves a slightly more upscale place to stay. Have we left the ranch behind for good? I somehow doubt it.

Aquarius will launch season two with a commercial free premiere on June 16, so be ready for lots of answers and lots of new story to unfold. The season two premiere lands on NBC at 9PM, but the rest of the season will air Thursdays at 10.

TheMovieNetwork.com

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Wed 25 May - 4:31

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Wed 1 Jun - 19:05

"I'M SO TIRED/HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN/WHY DON'T WE DO IT IN THE ROAD"

ORIGINAL

06/16/2016 (09:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday):

"AQUARIUS" RETURNS FOR A NEW SEASON WITH A SPECIAL TWO-HOUR PREMIERE - DET. SAM HODIAK BECOMES IMMERSED IN A NEW CASE INVOLVING MISSING YOUNG WOMEN - In the season-two premiere, Det. Sam Hodiak (David Duchovny, "The X-Files") finds himself drawn into a new case when he begins receiving mysterious packages with photos of missing girls. Charmain's (Claire Holt, "Vampire Diaries,") risky undercover operation provides valuable information for a drug case but exposes her to great danger. Meanwhile, Charlie Manson (Gethin Anthony, "Game of Thrones") and his growing family move into the home of their new benefactor, Dennis Wilson (guest star Andy Favreau, "Bones"), in their continuing quest to break into the music business. Grey Damon ("Friday Night Lights"), Emma Dumont ("Salvation"), Michaela McManus ("Awake"), Brian F. O'Byrne ("Mildred Pierce"), Chance Kelly ("Generation Kills"), Ambyr Childrers ("Days of our Lives"), Cameron Deane Stewart, ("Big Bad") and Madisen Beaty ("The Fosters") also star.

Credit: alfornos

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Wed 1 Jun - 19:06

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Mon 6 Jun - 16:12

sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Mon 6 Jun - 16:13

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 7 Jun - 9:19

On Youtube

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 7 Jun - 9:20

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 14 Jun - 12:24

Aquarius Season 2 Is Well Worth The Wait - Advance Review 2x01 Helter Skelter

jen1010 34 minutes ago

Season 2 of Aquarius is finally here and many of us have been anxiously awaiting the first episode. I have been fortunate enough to see an advance screening of the 2 hour premiere, and it is well worth the wait.  

The 2 hour premiere is named Helter Skelter but is broke up into two parts called I'm So Tired and Happiness is a Warm Gun. The season premiere will not only answer most of our questions left from the last season finale but will also bring us much more. We find out what happened after Ken Karn shot the Hal Banyin. We also find out what happened to Charmain. There are consequences for Sam Hodiak's actions while making an arrest that oddly enough also earned him a medal. We see more of Manson but we also see a new side, Manson's less confident side. His ladies are having different reactions to the escalation in violence. Sam Hodiak's son Walter got into some legal trouble at the end of season 1 and this is a situation which continues to play a role in this season. We also see more of some relationships, Hodiak and Grace Karns, Shafe and his wife, Manson and many of his ladies, and even some surprises. We have some famous characters joining the show. The most terrifying thing is the fact that Manson is not the only thing to fear in Hollywood.  

The premiere was so action packed the time went by quickly. David Duchovny continues to be great in his role as the cocky, smart mouthed, workaholic detective, Sam Hodiak. The writers are opening up more of Grey Damon's character, Brian Shafe. Gethin Anthony's portrayal of Charles Manson is enthralling as he plays him as charismatic, broken but also showcasing the complexity of the character by being either overly confident or completely insecure and afraid. The characters of Charmain Tully (Claire Holt)and Emma Karn (Emma Dumont) are both evolving from what we watched last season. I look forward to seeing more of both of these actresses.  

I am so excited about this season after seeing the first episode I can't wait to see what else will happen during this season.  

The premiere will air, Thursday, June 16th 2016 on NBC or can be watched on Hulu on Friday June 17.  

Voice of TV

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 14 Jun - 12:24

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

‘Aquarius’ Season 2: Charles Manson Meets The Beach Boy

Post by sir on Thu 16 Jun - 9:28

Reviews

Ken Tucker

June 16, 2016

Photo: NBC

Aquarius is back for a second season on Wednesday night — a two-hour, commercial-free season premiere on NBC, in fact — and it furthers this fact-based detective story about a real Charles Manson and a fictional police detective, Sam Hodiak, played by David Duchovny. The season begins with Manson and his creepy-crawly crew in the midst of killing actress Sharon Tate and others in 1969 Los Angeles.

But that’s just a brief opening scene, one planted to remind you what’s to come. The show then jumps back 18 months earlier, to show us the trail the cops are following — not to Manson, but to other cases, some of which will connect to the Manson “family.” If you find that sort of tease annoying, you may not lock in to Aquarius, but if you don’t — and I don’t — it makes for a tantalizing start to the new season.

Related: Get the Scoop on 20 Returning Summer Shows

The notion of series creator John McNamara is to submerge you in the period and culture that gave birth to Manson and his small army of disciples willing to kill for him, and Aquarius does that very well. We see Los Angeles mostly from the point of view of Hodiak, who, with his tense brush-cut hair and fast, hard-boiled patter, makes for a fine contribution to the long tradition of L.A. crime fiction rooted in actual history (think the novels of James Ellroy, and movies such as L.A. Confidential).

Hodiak is right where we left him, with a busted marriage and an enlisted son, Walt, who’s deserted from his Vietnam tour of duty after witnessing U.S. war crimes. Now under arrest in L.A., Walt is being persuaded by Sam that his best chance for freedom is to blow the whistle on what is clearly meant by the producers to be some version of the My Lai massacre. The flaw in Sam’s idea is that he wants to treat the fate of his son the way he treats the rest of his life — as a “move” he can work on his superiors. One of the best aspects of Aquarius is that its protagonist is a good man-gone-wrong in ways he hasn’t even fully realized: He’s starting to become a lawman for whom breaking the law is standard operating procedure.

Charles Manson, as played by Game of Thrones’ Gethin Anthony, runs alongside Hodiak’s work in this opening episode (actually the first three episodes of the season, strung together as one “event” for the purposes of NBC’s stunt-launch). Charlie is as weasel-y and wily and whacked-out as always, that combination of screw-up messiah who can fool just enough people to be dangerous.

In a couple of key scenes this night, Manson meets Beach Boy drummer Dennis Wilson, played skillfully by Andy Favreau. In real life, Manson fancied himself a genius songwriter, and saw Wilson as his ticket to stardom. (The Beach Boys ended up recording at least one of Manson’s songs.) Aquarius and show creator McNamara take a daring leap and presume that Manson saw Wilson as a judgmental father-figure, and that notion that complicated their relationship. It’s just one example of the psychologically complex show McNamara continues to build with Aquarius.

Yahoo.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Thu 16 Jun - 9:57

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Thu 16 Jun - 12:50

Review: The ‘Aquarius’ Two-Hour, Commercial-Free Season 2 Premiere Blends the Best of Summer Movies & TV

"Aquarius" takes full advantage of its cinematic presentation in a tense, entertaining and commercial-free two-hour premiere tonight.

Ben Travers
2 hours ago
@BenTTravers

Vivian Zink/NBC

Late in the movie-esque premiere of “Aquarius,” David Duchovny’s rambunctious detective Sam Hodiak scolds a fellow cop in a delightfully specific manner. You see, the young buck contaminated a piece of evidence by not using gloves, infuriating his commanding officer who’d been receiving pictures of kidnapped women in the mail for a few days already. He wants to get this guy, and his own team is letting him down! But Hodiak’s condescension isn’t fierce or ugly; instead, it’s marked with an infectious wink and smile — even though we know better.

And you do. The content itself is somewhat familiar, as is the dynamic of a superior officer chastising a rookie boy in blue, but the striking aspect of the exchange — beyond Duchovny’s addictive charm — is that while they bicker back and forth, we know the clue in question is opposite in nature of their superfluous exchange. And when Hodiak pulls open the envelope and sees what’s inside, the mood darkens and the laughs disappear.

This much might feel familiar and with good reason. “Aquarius” is largely the same show it was in Season 1 — which is fine. Big issues (like race) remain relevant, but tertiary; Charles Manson is a plot driver, but can’t stack up against Hodiak as a character; there’s fun to be had (nothing beats when Hodiak gives zero fucks), but business to take care of (broadcast cop cliches cannot be avoided). Yet beside the special presentation of the premiere episode — which really does add a grandiose atmosphere to the proceedings — there is one significant change: Women fare better in Season 2 than they did in Season 1.

Within these opening hours, two of last season’s most notable ladies get more definition than they did in 13 a year ago. Charmain (Claire Holt), a young cop looking to break into undercover work despite a gender bias in the LAPD, was on the right path by the end of Season 1, and she delves into an aptly risky storyline that will have to be handled with care. She’s become an extremely compelling character; one that threatens to rival Grey Damon’s Shafe as our second favorite of the show (behind Hodiak, of course). In addition, Hodiak’s new boo, Grace (Michaela McManus) takes a stand that defines her far better — and in a more complicated way — than any of her prior choices.

More named-but-disposable female characters are still the damsels in distress waiting for Sir Sam to save them, but opening with layered character analysis of the two most prominent women reassures us of the series’ feminist mentality. And this is key for “Aquarius” not only in the public eye, but in succeeding overall. John McNamara’s dark period piece has a knack for injecting infectious humor into every other scene, but tonally that demands the drama earn its levity — and it does. It was easy to fall for the series’ charms in Season 1, but “Aquarius” only now justifies them.

That being said, Season 2 sees a slight shift toward more serious content in its first two hours, and NBC’s uninterrupted presentation perfectly establishes the new year. The two-hour cut is actually three episodes worth of content diced together to become something filmic, if not fully cinematic. There’s a well-utilized time jumping element that will last throughout the season. Known historic events take precedence for the first time, building to a crescendo you may only fully appreciate if you’re steeped in Manson lore. And the performances overall improve, namely Gethin Anthony’s challenging portrayal of a future mass murderer. Titled “Helter Skelter,” Season 2’s introduction can’t quite stand on its own as a movie, but you wouldn’t want that. “Aquarius” is a TV show for a reason, and one that you want to spend time with — even when things turn grisly.

Thankfully, McNamara & Co. still find ways to allow Duchovny to be Duchovny — the delightful, uncensored quipster who takes nothing seriously until, you know, it matters. There’s something both admirable and frustrating in the series’ refusal to dive head first into its stars most watchable attributes — which, I imagine, is both what NBC wants and knows better than to ask for; “Aquarius” isn’t your typical cop show. It strives for more, and it merits that ambition in Season 2.

Grade: B+

Indiewire

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Thu 16 Jun - 12:52

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Thu 16 Jun - 12:54

'Aquarius' Premiere Watch Online: How To Live Stream NBC's Special Commercial-Free Broadcast [VIDEO]

NBC is doing something special for the upcoming season 2 premiere of 'Aquarius'.

The two-hour season 2 premiere of Aquarius is set to air on NBC Thursday night, but you can also live stream it online.

NBC is going all out with the season 2 premiere of Aquarius, presenting the season's first three(!) episodes commercial-free. The two-hour presentation begins at 9 p.m. ET/PT on NBC with the episode "Helter Skelter", followed by "Happiness is a Warm Gun" and concluding with "Why Don't We Do it in the Road".

"In the season-two premiere, Det. Sam Hodiak (David Duchovny, 'The X-Files') finds himself drawn into a new case when he begins receiving mysterious packages with photos of missing girls," the synopsis for the premiere reads. "Charmain's (Claire Holt, 'Vampire Diaries') risky undercover operation provides valuable information for a drug case but exposes her to great danger. Meanwhile, Charlie Manson (Gethin Anthony, 'Game of Thrones') and his growing family move into the home of their new benefactor, Dennis Wilson (guest star Andy Favreau, 'Bones'), in their continuing quest to break into the music business.

As NBC explains, this presentation will be the only one that is commercial free. "The 120-minute telecast will have absolutely no breaks for commercials or network promos, with the only stoppage coming for a 55-second local news break/tease during the show's second hour," they said in a press release. "The NBC telecast on June 16 will be the only chance to watch the episodes completely commercial free. When those episodes move to their online and digital platforms following the NBC telecast, a normal commercial load will ensue."

If you cannot watch the season 2 premiere of Aquarius on television, you can live stream it at NBC.com/Live. Simply enter your cable subscription information and you will be able to watch the whole thing, free of charge.

Keep up with the season 2 premiere of Aquarius by using hashtag #Aquarius on Twitter.

Enstarz.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content