The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

2x01 - I'm So Tired

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2x01 - I'm So Tired

Post by sir on Thu 16 Jun - 12:52

Thanks

sir
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 100670
Registration date : 2007-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Thu 16 Jun - 12:54

'Aquarius' Premiere Watch Online: How To Live Stream NBC's Special Commercial-Free Broadcast [VIDEO]

NBC is doing something special for the upcoming season 2 premiere of 'Aquarius'.

The two-hour season 2 premiere of Aquarius is set to air on NBC Thursday night, but you can also live stream it online.

NBC is going all out with the season 2 premiere of Aquarius, presenting the season's first three(!) episodes commercial-free. The two-hour presentation begins at 9 p.m. ET/PT on NBC with the episode "Helter Skelter", followed by "Happiness is a Warm Gun" and concluding with "Why Don't We Do it in the Road".

"In the season-two premiere, Det. Sam Hodiak (David Duchovny, 'The X-Files') finds himself drawn into a new case when he begins receiving mysterious packages with photos of missing girls," the synopsis for the premiere reads. "Charmain's (Claire Holt, 'Vampire Diaries') risky undercover operation provides valuable information for a drug case but exposes her to great danger. Meanwhile, Charlie Manson (Gethin Anthony, 'Game of Thrones') and his growing family move into the home of their new benefactor, Dennis Wilson (guest star Andy Favreau, 'Bones'), in their continuing quest to break into the music business.

As NBC explains, this presentation will be the only one that is commercial free. "The 120-minute telecast will have absolutely no breaks for commercials or network promos, with the only stoppage coming for a 55-second local news break/tease during the show's second hour," they said in a press release. "The NBC telecast on June 16 will be the only chance to watch the episodes completely commercial free. When those episodes move to their online and digital platforms following the NBC telecast, a normal commercial load will ensue."

If you cannot watch the season 2 premiere of Aquarius on television, you can live stream it at NBC.com/Live. Simply enter your cable subscription information and you will be able to watch the whole thing, free of charge.

Keep up with the season 2 premiere of Aquarius by using hashtag #Aquarius on Twitter.

Enstarz.com

sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Thu 16 Jun - 12:56

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 109201
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Thu 16 Jun - 20:20

Aquarius premiere recap: 'Helter Skelter' / 'Happiness Is a Warm Gun' / 'Why Don't We Do It in the Road'

Aquarius
Season 2, Ep. 1 | Aired Jun 16
Posted June 16 2016 — 11:00 PM EDT

What year is it again? On Aquarius, it’s 1967. And 1969. And maybe 2016. David Duchovny’s old-school cop drama, back for a second season because we couldn’t just leave Charmain hanging, spends its two-hour season premiere jumping between the show’s “present” in 1967 and the infamous 1969 Manson Family murder of Sharon Tate and her friends. No more making daisy chains; it’s time to jump into the history books.

But history has a way of repeating itself. The problems of the age of Aquarius — racist cops, sexist workplaces, homophobic murders — are still unfortunately familiar 50 years later. Now that our timeline is split, the parallels work on two levels: The show’s “present” foreshadows the Tate-LaBianca murders even as it reflects our actual present. It makes sense. The whole point of a Charles Manson origin story is that the worst is still coming — it’s about tracing how things fell apart, not how we fixed them.

And this is all going to fall apart in the bloodiest possible way. If you were harboring any hopes that Emma might open her eyes and get out of the Family before it’s too late, this episode wastes no time showing that she’s headed for ruin as much as the rest of them. We find her with Charlie in Sharon Tate’s house hours after the murder, almost as pregnant as the woman lying dead on the floor. The pregnancy positions Emma as another of Charlie’s victims. She doesn’t want to be here, and she’s visibly not cool with the whole murder thing, but she’s in too deep to get out now.

Back in 1967, Charlie is also in over his head. Ralph Church (Omar J. Dorsey), a black man who took Charlie under his wing in prison, shows up at the Staircase ready to be repaid. He doesn’t ask; he just kind of intimidates everyone around him into doing what he wants. Even when Ralph climbs on top of Sadie, Charlie is too afraid to protest — but he pretends to care later, when he gives Ralph a big speech about how his girls aren’t objects. Actions speak louder, Charles. Charlie might act like his bad blood with Ralph is all in defense of the Family, but it’s just fear and racism wrapped up in false moralizing. He poisons Ralph and his all-black group of friends with a handful of mushrooms; in 1969, we see him name-drop his Helter Skelter scenario for the first time.

Does Emma know what she’s doing when she adds those mushrooms to the soup? She seems to. Emma is Charlie’s secret weapon. When they bring a new girl into the Family, she’s always the last one to reach out her hand; she has a way of sealing the deal just by introducing herself. Their latest recruit is Patricia Krenwinkel, a shy teen who will go on to play a ruthless role in the Tate murders, even though watching Ralph die drives her to panicky tears. Patty knows the Beach Boys’ Dennis Wilson, so she takes Emma to meet him in the hopes of getting Charlie a music deal. The girls sleep with Dennis, and he’s putty in their hands.

Dennis and Charlie are two sides of the same coin: They’re both musicians who like to hide their insecurities in a crowd of women, but Charlie is the hippie to Dennis’ square. (Charlie can argue that he’s a “slippie” all he wants; I’m pretty sure the hippie-est thing of all is to deny that you are one.) As for Dennis, he actually, genuinely asks Charles Manson if he wants to “get in on” some cookies and milk. Charlie squints: “Like chocolate chip and stuff?” It’s so mundane it’s incredible. This show spends so much time immersed in the world of cynical cops and future killers; if it forgets all about cookies and milk, the extremes start to feel less extreme. All of Charlie’s girls could be at home doing homework.

But Charlie doesn’t trust free desserts or music industry connections. He looks like he’s constantly torn between playing his guitar for Dennis and beating the guy with it, but — after hesitating for way too long — he does play. He also meets future ally Charles Watson. (“Yeah, that don’t work. I’m going to call you Tex.”) Sadie wastes no time convincing Tex to join her on the other side of a drug trip, even though he says that his one previous experience with hallucinogens unlocked something violent in him. Sure enough, in 1969, he’s got wild eyes. Tex shoots Steven Parent while Sadie and Patty tie up Sharon Tate and Jay Sebring inside the house; later, Tex will tell a struggling Wojciech Frykowski that he’s “the devil, and [he’s] here to do the devil’s business.”

Anyway, let’s check in on Sam! (If you’re not here to gloss over the abrupt transition from terrifying murders to slick, fun cop stuff with the help of ‘60s pop music, did you even watch season 1?) When last we saw the man, the myth, the buzz cut, he was accepting a medal of honor for using unnecessary force on the men who killed Raymond Novo, saving Hollywood from a messy trial that would have outed Novo as a gay man. But there was a witness to Sam’s not-quite-by-the-books neck snap, and Internal Affairs officer Ron Kellaher (Tim Griffin) is determined to hold it over him.

This isn’t really about the witness. Sam figures out without much digging that a cop on the neighborhood beat saw him through a window, and he shoves the guy against a locker to keep him quiet. Problem solved, the Hodiak Way. This is just about Ron not liking Sam at all. “When I told you that I admired you,” Ron says, “I admire the fact that you have somehow managed to bully your way into holding on to a job for 20 years that you should have been kicked out of when Ike was president.” What is Ron’s deal? Sam follows him home one day and winds up in a cheery conversation with his wife, Lillian, who knows Sam from her days as a stewardess. Is there history between them? Whatever it is, Sam feels like Ron’s home life explains it all.

While Ron fights to keep Sam out of police business, someone else is out there pulling him into it. Sam finds a photo of a high school-age girl in an envelope above his locker, made out to the “#1 detective in LA!” Cutler chalks it up to fan mail, but when another envelope lands on Sam’s desk — containing a picture of the same girl, topless and scared — it’s clear that this is no admirer. Shafe recognizes her high school from her sweater, and Meg (Alison Rood), a cop who doesn’t seem new to the precinct but is new to our show (give it up for more ladies in the LAPD!), identifies her as Tina Greenwood, a senior at Vineland High. In a visit to Tina’s mother, Sam suggests that Tina might just be doing what Emma did. What is it about being bound and topless that makes Sam think she might have willingly run off to a Manson-like cult? Don’t answer that.

It’s possible that the kidnapper has killed before; Meg finds a Jane Doe in Canoga Park who isn’t Tina, but her case looks similar. And the culprit is still at it: Sam gets a third envelope with the photo of a second young woman, Donna Healey, gagged and bound in a chair. Donna married and had a child right out of high school, but she’s estranged from her husband — who went to school with Tina. The husband claims not to know who Tina is, but he’s very high and mighty about his wife’s pin-up modeling, and I don’t trust him.

WANT MORE? Keep up with all the latest from last night’s television by subscribing to our newsletter. Head here for more details.

Meanwhile, Sam follows a radio call to an apartment building where multiple residents report hearing a woman scream. The rest of the cops are incompetent; the woman’s blood is dripping down the stairwell, and Sam is the only one to notice. (Who’s obsolete now, Ron?) The woman, Marisa, dies in Sam’s arms on the roof, the victim of a classic Nice Guy who didn’t appreciate when she put a stop to their make-out session. Shafe pretends to be on the guy’s side in order to trick him into a confession.

Shafe has been on a roll lately. Sam wants to see him promoted to detective, and Cutler agrees on one condition: Sam has to let Cutler’s wife, Jeannie, host him for dinner. The men act like socializing with Jeannie in exchange for free food is such an inconvenience. The dinner doesn’t go well; in order to ease Jeannie’s suspicion that he and Opal are still sleeping together, Cut may have led his wife to believe that Sam and Opal reconciled. When Jeannie finds out that Sam is coming with Grace, she cooks and eats the dinner early, leaving nothing for her guests but some drinks.

The Cutlers aren’t the only couple having problems. Grace is sleeping at Sam’s house, but she’s drawn back into Ken’s world when Hal turns up at the hospital. She breaks the news to her husband, who pulls his gun out of his mouth and makes his best “I’m definitely not the one who shot him” face. Hal, now paralyzed, pulls through, giving Ken no choice but to stay alive and clean up this mess. He tells the cops that Hal was mobbed by “three anti-war, anti-Nixon, hippie radicals,” boosting Nixon’s cause and covering up Ken’s role in the shooting.

Ken gets the idea from Grace’s dad, who continues to be terrible. He orders Grace and Ken not to live apart before the election; Grace seems all set to ignore that particular order, but she isn’t especially happy with Sam right now, either. He won’t open up about his work. He comes home one day with someone else’s blood on his bandaged wrist, and even we don’t know how it got there. (Did he have another “chat” with the witness cop?) If work weren’t such a 24/7 affair, that would be one thing, but Sam is always out. “I’m just alone again in a different man’s house,” Grace explains as she leaves. Being a 1960s housewife seems like a bad deal across the board, but it also feels like she’s looking for an excuse to do what her father wants.

Even Shafe and Kristin have hit a rough patch. She’s started working with kids in the community through the Panthers, and Shafe doesn’t seem entirely comfortable with the arrangement. Kristin, for her part, is losing patience with her husband’s job, which she says is a waste of his talents — though Shafe thinks she’s really just ashamed to tell the Panthers that she’s married to a cop. They can’t even agree on the war, which Kristin wouldn’t mind seeing America lose. “Maybe we need to stop thinking we’re the whole world’s answer to things,” she says. “I want our daughter to grow up in a country that can learn that. Maybe even live it.” When Shafe argues that he doesn’t want Bernadette growing up in a country that loses wars, Kristin reminds him that the American dream looks pretty different on her end: “I grew up in a country that won wars. Never felt that great to me.”

She’s right about that. This week’s investigation into high-powered corruption is led by the most effective cop on the force: Charmain. After falling into Roy’s clutches at the end of last season’s finale, Charmain seizes the opportunity to go undercover, but she has to burn Shafe to protect herself. She tells Roy that she was snooping around the funeral home at Shafe’s request; he doesn’t trust Roy. Also, she’s sleeping with Shafe to keep him “housebroken.” And he’s not very well endowed. (Shafe: “Wait, that’s your cover?!”) Shafe reluctantly rolls with it, but Roy tries to send him into a trap. Charmain calls Shafe to warn him — which doesn’t help her cover — but everyone else at the meet winds up dead.

Evidence at the scene suggests that the killer is U.S. military, so Sam and Shafe do some digging. Lucille Gladner, who’s gone into hiding with her family in the wake of the murders, tells Sam that she remembers Roy working with someone he called Captain Wells. She asks for police protection, but before Sam can institute it, Lucille leaves her kids with someone else and bolts — with Roy on her tail. Wells is Roy’s supplier, and he’s shipping heroine from Vietnam in the caskets of dead soldiers. There’s no way the army and the government don’t know about this. Sam can only find one solution to a conspiracy so massive: If he finds Wells, he can leverage what he knows in order to force the government to cut a deal for his son’s freedom. Poor Walt; he’ll always be a pawn in someone’s game.

Bits and pieces:

“I’m sorry our head cheerleader’s such a bitch, but let’s focus on the big game, shall we?”

“Spring, I find your name ironic.”

“Love the grilled cheese.”

I missed Sam’s glasses most of all.

“Do you just sit around thinking about ways to make things worse for yourself?” “Hell no! It just comes to me.”

“You think it’s too late for us to start moisturizing?”

Ew,.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody and Fox Mulder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Thu 16 Jun - 20:20

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Thu 16 Jun - 21:11

Were Charles Manson & Dennis Wilson Friends? The Beach Boys Member Appears In 'Aquarius' Season 2

In Season 1 of the NBC crime drama Aquarius, the audience meets the show's fictionalized version of real-life serial murderer Charles Manson. But he isn't that yet. Season 1's Manson is a captivating leader who inspires intense loyalty among lost followers looking for some kind of purpose. And, he's an aspiring musician. The Season 2 premiere of Aquarius puts Manson in the path of a rock star with the clout to get him some of that recognition he's certain he deserves. Charles Manson befriends Dennis Wilson from the popular '60s rock group The Beach Boys in the two-hour episode "Helter Skelter." But, did Manson know Beach Boys member Dennis Wilson in real life?

In Aquarius, Emma tags along with new Manson Family member Patty to the home of a friend's sometimes-boyfriend. He's in the music business, Patty says, and may be able to get Manson's songs heard. The girls party and sleep with the fictionalized version of The Beach Boys drummer at his home and bring Manson over with them on another day.

In real life, the two men did know each other. Wilson once described their initial meeting to the Record Mirror in 1968, which came via a group of women. "I told them [the girls] about our involvement with the Maharishi and they told me they too had a guru, a guy named Charlie who'd recently come out of jail after 12 years," Wilson told the paper. "He drifted into crime, but when I met him I found he had great musical ideas. We're writing together now. He's dumb, in some ways, but I accept his approach and have learnt from him."

According to VH1, The Beach Boys even reportedly recorded one of Manson's songs. Originally titled "Cease To Resist" (which is also the name of an Aquarius Season 1 episode), the band allegedly reworked the song and called it "Never Learn Not To Love." In an interview with TMZ, friend-of-the-band John Stamos said because of the ties, the Beach Boys don't play that song anymore. Bustle reached out to The Beach Boys for comment on Wilson and Manson's friendship and the claims that the band recorded Manson's song, but has not yet received a reply.

Their interaction was brief, though, and could have ended for a variety of reasons including over the $100,000 that The Guardian reported Wilson shelled out "in money, cars, clothes, food and penicillin shots for The [Manson] Family's persistent gonorrhea" since they were living on Wilson's property, according to Rolling Stone. Eventually, Manson allegedly turned his violent gaze to Dennis Wilson, according to Salon who quoted claims made by Beach Boys collaborator Van Dyke Parks:

One day, Charles Manson brought a bullet out and showed it to Dennis, who asked, ‘What’s this?’ And Manson replied, ‘It’s a bullet. Every time you look at it, I want you to think how nice it is your kids are still safe.’ Well, Dennis grabbed Manson by the head and threw him to the ground and began pummeling him until Charlie said, ‘Ouch!’ He beat the living sh*t out of him. ‘How dare you!’ was Dennis’ reaction. Charlie Manson was weeping openly in front of a lot of hip people. I heard about it, but I wasn’t there. The point is, though, Dennis Wilson wasn’t afraid of anybody!

Before Manson and Wilson severed ties, Manson met music producer Terry Melcher through Wilson. The Guardian reported that Manson was allegedly enraged when a record deal he was pursuing with Melcher fell through. He planned to get his revenge, but Melcher was no longer living at the Cielo Drive address Manson's followers broke into in August of 1969. Instead, the Family brutally murdered its occupants, including pregnant actress Sharon Tate, according to The Guardian.

After that, Manson gained national spotlight during his and his Family's murder trials and convictions. Rolling Stone reported that Wilson, who had distanced himself from Manson prior to those murders, went on with his life before his death by drowning at Marina Del Rey in 1983.

Bustle.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Thu 16 Jun - 21:14

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Thu 16 Jun - 22:00

‘Aquarius’ fact check: Hold on, did Charles Manson really do that with the mushrooms?

by Larry Carroll at 08:06 PM on Jun 16, 2016

Gethrin Anthony and Omar J. Dorsey on "Aquarius" SOURCE: NBC

No one should accuse “Aquarius” of false advertising — every episode begins with the disclaimer that it is “Inspired in part by historical events. This program contains fictitious characters, places and circumstances.” But the NBC drama — which returned for its second season Thursday (June 16) with a 120-minute, epic episode entitled “Helter Skelter” — sometimes goes beyond simply fictionalizing the tale of David Duchovny’s made-up detective Sam Hodiak.

Viewers looking for insight into one of the most troubled minds in modern history may be scratching their heads now that the episode has aired. Depicting Charles Manson, actor Gethin Anthony did something particularly startling, even for a notorious murderer. Read on for the spoiler-heavy details — and whether it really happened.

Now that you’ve seen the episode, you’ll remember the subplot involving Manson and Omar Dorsey’s Ralph Church. The ex-con and the cult leader have an established history and made plans together — but in the episode, Manson serves Church and his men a meal laced with poison mushrooms, killing them.

As dramatic as the moment may be, it never happened. In fact, Church is a fictionalized character, as are his ill-fated men.

So, the next question would seem to be: Is the moment authentic to something the real Manson would have done?

The facts are that Manson and his family did indeed set up shop for years at Spahn Ranch, living a bohemian lifestyle that had people of all sorts moving in, partaking in their sex and drugs, and sometimes moving on. But if Manson allowed a group of black men to join their tribe for an extended period of time, history has forgotten it.

Did Manson hate black people? Most definitely — and his prophecies of a “Helter Skelter” race war fueled so many of his teachings that they eventually became a self-fulfilled prophecy where he needed it to happen if he wanted to maintain his flock. But rather than giving a group of intimidating lodgers poisonous mushrooms, Manson instead attempted to kickstart Helter Skelter in 1969 by shooting a black drug dealer named Bernard “Lotsapoppa” Crowe.

Why is this important? As some have been quick to point out over the years, Charles Manson never actually killed anyone himself — Lotsapoppa recovered from the gunshot wound unbeknownst to Manson, eventually testifying against him.

Instead, Manson made his “followers” carry out his twisted crimes through mental manipulation and vague orders — which some might see as inauthentic to the “Aquarius” events.

Does this change the way you view a show like “Aquarius”? Perhaps. But the bigger question would seem to be: Doesn’t the chilling tale of Charles Manson and his followers have enough twists and turns on its own?

Zap2It

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Thu 16 Jun - 22:19

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Thu 16 Jun - 23:07

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Thu 16 Jun - 23:07

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Thu 16 Jun - 23:09

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Thu 16 Jun - 23:09

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 17 Jun - 4:24

‘Aquarius’ is back and it’s better
By Verne Gay / Newsday

What it’s about: LAPD Det. Sam Hodiak (David Duchovny) has been receiving envelopes with pictures of missing women in 1967. Why? That’s what he wants to know. Meanwhile, Charmain (Claire Holt) and Brian (Grey Damon) continue the undercover operation into Charlie Manson (Gethin Anthony) and his growing family. They also have a new benefactor, Beach Boy founder Dennis Wilson (Andy Favreau).

My say: “Aquarius” fans got an important reveal at the end of the first season. As Sam was receiving that highly dubious LAPD Medal of Valor, viewers finally learned his full name: Samson Benedictus Hodiak.

With a name like that, you better: a) have a back story — which he does; b) have parents with a puckish sense of humor (no doubt); c) have fast fists (of course); and, above all, d) be cool. Very cool. Ice cool. Sam Spade cool.

Maybe it’s that ambient cool or maybe it just took a season to work out pace, logic and character, but “Aquarius” is a better show. Thursday’s two-hour opener was without commercials, which was another gamble by NBC to get more traction for this summer not-quite-franchise. Last year, all 13 episodes were dumped online immediately after the premiere so the network could figure out if viewers binged.

What they liked above all else is Samson Benedictus Hodiak, along with his malleable ethics, smooth patter, buck-the-system style and mysterious past. He’s an interesting guy.

Bottom line: A far-improved start to the second season.

Grade: B

Bebdbulletin.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 17 Jun - 4:25

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 17 Jun - 6:03

‘Aquarius’ Season 2 Premiere Review

By Amanda Joyce June 17, 2016 07:54AM EDT

80% Review Score: 8 / 10

NBC Universal

Aquarius (TV Series) (2015)

Hodiak (David Duchovny) gets drawn into a new case when he begins receiving packages with photos of missing young women. Charmaine (Claire Holt) puts herself in danger while working undercover on her big drug case from last season. Charlie (Gethin Anthony), Emma (Emma Dumont), and the rest of the family make a move.

**Spoiler Alert**
This review contains spoilers for the season two premiere of Aquarius. If you haven’t yet watched, read at your own risk.

The Good

The opening scene. Set 18 months in the future, so roughly two seasons or so down the line maybe, a very pregnant Emma and Charlie are at the scene of a murder. Emma is clearly distraught, though it’s unclear if she actually participated in the killing or not, and though she starts to say she can’t do things like this, Charlie reminds her that there’s no birth without death. It’s a haunting flashforward, showing us the kind of “family” Charlie will eventually have, the kind of people who go on a murder spree without thought. While the other girls might enjoy themselves or be willing participants down the line, Emma looks to be anything but. In addition to this frightening glimpse ahead, I also happen to love how this sequence was colored. Everything is muted, nearly black and white, except for the stark contrast of bright red blood splashed across the walls, the floor, and even Emma. It’s a drastically different look compared to the way the show is usually colored to look like it’s shot in the 60s and it makes the scene really pop. We get more peeks into this night as the premiere goes on, and the first evidence of Charlie’s push for a racial war.

Charmaine thinks quick on her feet. The writers don’t make us wait long to find out what happened to Charmaine at the end of the first season of the show. Even as Roy feeds her pills and questions her, she manages to cover for herself and Shafe at the same time, cementing herself as Roy’s new main squeeze and getting herself closer to the action for her drug case.

Charmaine and Hodiak also have the same investigative streak. One of my favorite moments in the first episode is most definitely Charmaine explaining to Shafe just how she disparaged his sexual prowess and his manhood to make sure Roy trusted her. Charmaine clearly feels a little guilty as she talks to Shafe, but she also can’t stop herself from laughing at the situation. Hodiak doesn’t hold back though, and he even agrees with all of the tactics Charmaine used to get herself into the middle of the investigation. Charmaine is rapidly turning into the female version of Hodiak and it’s both fun and alarming to watch unfold. If she crosses one too many lines, she could end up in trouble.

A little Charlie history. With the introduction of Ralph Church, we find out just who taught Charlie this particular way of life. Surrounding himself with people, using criminal enterprise to stay afloat, using and abusing the people around him - sound familiar? Ralph also tries to control Charlie though, and of course, he doesn’t take to kindly to that anymore now that he has his own flock of followers. His interactions with Ralph certainly inform Charlie’s quest to start a war between the races as history tells us is his intention with “Helter Skelter.”

Patty joins up. Sadie is loosely based on Susan Atkins. Now, we get introduced to Patricia “Patty” Krenwinkle, one of the young women who participates in the murders to come. The addition of Patty moves the storyline a little closer to the history we know and starts to bridge the fictional and the factual. The introduction of Patty also brings in Beach Boys drummer Dennis Wilson and a whole new location for Charlie and his family. I love the ranch, but the new house brings a whole new energy to the group.

The case of the missing women. The show has been really focused on the drug case as it relates to Charlie and his friends, but we all know that Charles Manson and his girls aren’t going to wind up in prison for dealing drugs. As much as I want Charmaine to be able to help close the case and get a little more respect, we know that she won’t get Manson that way. While she’s chasing that case though, Hodiak and Shafe get a new case as photographs of missing women are delivered to the police station for Hodiak. This mystery injects an interesting story path to follow and I can’t wait to see where it leads.

Shafe is officially a homicide detective. He gets a much deserved promotion in the third episode, just when tension has started at home as his wife has become a Black Panther volunteer working with kids. Considering his drug case has basically been turned over to Charmaine and he’s been partnering with Hodiak, it only makes sense for him to be a homicide detective.

The Bad

The premiere is just too long. While I appreciate NBC giving fans a two hour premiere, eliminating commercials from the premiere also eliminates breathing room and time to digest what’s happening before moving on to the next scene. Aquarius is a hard show to binge watch so combining three episodes into the season premiere is heavy and a little hard to get through.

Emma is no longer Cherry. I actually don’t have a problem with her going by her given name, but I’m curious when the change was made and why the audience doesn’t get to see it. Right up until the season finale everyone in Charlie’s family was calling her Cherry or even Cherry Pop. Sadie even told her at one point last season that she had to make a choice between being Emma or Cherry, and it seemed that she chose Cherry, so why is she Emma now?

The writers are stacking the deck very quickly. While I love getting to see the glimpses into the future for Charlie’s family and seeing how they’ve all changed, or how they haven’t, the rapid introductions to new characters in a short amount of time make it seem like they’re stacking the deck to get as close to the Tate and LaBianca murders as they can in case the show doesn’t get another season. It’s too much too soon. I would have expected a more gradual introduction of characters. After all, we had a whole season just to get to know Sadie and Emma.

The Questions

What happened to Katie? Season one set her up as the seeming stand in for Patricia Krenwinkle, but with Patty introduced this season, that seems to no longer be the case. While I have a feeling the switch might have been made because Tara Lynne Barr was cast in a few other projects while the second season headed into production, I also wonder why no explanation for her sudden disappearance is given.

Is Charmaine going to end up in trouble? Given that she’s sleeping with Roy and doing whatever drugs he gives her to maintain her cover, I would say yes. There’s no way she doesn’t end up in trouble, probably sooner rather than later.

Are we going to see flashforwards throughout the season? Even just getting scenes that only lasted a few seconds of Sadie with a knife or Patty watching her friends go a little crazy with a growing smile on her face were enough to really sell the Tate and LaBianca murders as the end point for these characters.

Grading the episode: While I think three episodes back to back was a little much for a show like this, the show definitely gave us a blueprint for the remainder of the season. Seeing just where Emma ends up gives us a little more of a push to be interested in her story while there are enough other things going on in Hodiak, Shafe, and Charmaine’s stories that this isn’t just the Charles Manson show anymore either. B+

The Movie Network

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 17 Jun - 6:31

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchovny on Fri 17 Jun - 6:33

thanks
Duchovny
Phantom
Phantom

Number of posts : 16726
Emploi : Housewife
Your favorite David's role : Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2011-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 17 Jun - 10:34

Aquarius 2016 Spoilers: Top 5 Moments From Last Night’s Premiere!

In the Aquarius season 2 premiere, Hodiak is looking into a new case involving missing young women and Charmaine takes on a new and risky undercover operation. Also on Aquarius 2016, Manson and his growing family move into the home of their new benefactor. Keep reading to find out what last night’s season 2 premiere of Aquarius had in store for us! Aquarius - Season 2

The premiere episode of Aquarius season 2 started off with Emma and Manson cleaning up after a double murder they have clearly committed. After that the episode gets even more intense! Keep reading to find out what I thought were the top 5 moments from last night’s episode of Aquarius 2016!

5. Hodiak Finds Out About Charmaine

Aquarius - Season 2Hodiak goes to check on a lead for a case that he is working and it turns into him checking on a guy named Roy. That’s when Hodiak asks him where he was last Tuesday night. Right after he gets the sentence out, Charmaine comes out of the bathroom wrapped in a sheet. When he is in the office, he gets an envelope delivered to him from the Desk Sargent. Inside the envelope is a picture of a woman tied up and it’s the same woman in a picture he found in his locker earlier that day that he thought was a gag. After this, Hodiak and Shafe meet with Charmaine to find out that there is a meet that Roy wants her and Shafe at, but Shafe might not want to show because she was forced to burn him.

4. Charmaine Almost Blows Her Cover

Aquarius - Season 2Charmaine calls Shafe to give him a warning not to go to the meet, he calls Hodiak and they go over there together, but after the meet is supposed to happen. When they get there, everyone that was at that meet was shot, killed and disarmed. They were all shot with an M16, which is a military assault rifle, leads them to believe that they were killed by someone with military training. If it wasn’t for Charmaine’s call, Shafe would have been one of those bodies.

3. Manson Recruits A New Member

Manson, Emma and Minnie are out in back of a local business going through the dumpster when the local business owner sends one of his employees out. When Patty approaches them and tells them that her boss says they need to stop going through the dumpster and leave, Manson grabs her hand and starts telling her that she needs to free herself from this place. He later brings her back to the group and starts to show his true colors pretty quickly and you can tell she is nervous, but she does what she is told. We then find out that Patty’s friend is dating one of the Beach Boys and she invites Emma to go with her the next time she goes to see them which ends up being later that night. Patty and Emma spend the night with him in order to get Manson in with him with hopes to launch his music career.

Posted By: Tammie Slogerison: June 17, 2016In: Featured, TelevisionNo Comments

2. Opal Shows Up

Opal shows up to get Hodiak out of the house to go get some information about Walt, their son, who is being detained by the US Military. This comes after a little bit of sass between Opal, the ex-wife, and Grace, the new girlfriend, who is technically married to someone else. They find out that he is being held on charges of treason, but Hodiak has a plan to get the LA Times to stop burying the story.

1. Manson Meets Dennis

Manson and the girls go to meet Dennis and Manson plays a little something for him, this comes after Manson having a hard time coming up with a song to play him. He loosens up when Dennis tells him how he gets like that sometimes. He lets his father’s voice take over his thoughts and it makes it hard for him to get his creative mind going.

We ended the episode with a look at Tex, one of Manson’s new friends, and Emma committing that murder from earlier in the episode. We got bits and pieces of that story throughout the episode, I’m sure we will find out more about it next week on Aquarius season 2!

Join us tonight on Gossip & Gab for our Aquarius season 2 Recap! Let’s watch Aquarius 2016 together! Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook or Twitter for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Lead Writer Tammie Slogeris? Follow her on Twitter, Google+ and like her on Facebook to join in on the conversations!

Gosspandgab.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 17 Jun - 10:34

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 17 Jun - 12:07

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 17 Jun - 12:08

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 17 Jun - 16:20

Aquarius’ Season 2 Premiere Review: This is the Dawning…

On the commercial-free (!), two-hour premiere of “Aquarius,” the show finally waded into more familiar waters with a series of flash-forwards to that infamous night of August 9th, 1969, when a group of Manson’s followers besieged a house being rented by actress Sharon Tate and her director husband Roman Polanski and killed everyone present at the time, in the aptly-titled “Helter Skelter.”

However, the bulk of the episode was devoted to the year before the famed crime, going back approximately sixteen months earlier, as the series of events that led to the murders were set into motion, as we met key players like Patricia “Patty” Krenwinkel (Madisen Beaty, “The Fosters”) and Charles “Tex” Watson (Cameron Deane Stewart, “Pitch Perfect”), as well as fringe players like Beach Boy Dennis Wilson (Andy Favreau, “What’s Your Number?”).

Picking up where we left off last season, Detective Sam Hodiak (David Duchovny) continues to be investigated by Agent Ron Kellaher (Tim Griffin, “Wayward Pines”) from Internal Affairs, after a witness comes forward claiming that a shooting that earned Hodiak a Medal of Valor was unwarranted, implying that he was a dirty cop in the process.

We later find out that Ron has an axe to grind against Sam because he once had a fling with Ron’s wife, which he resents him for, and that the witness in question is a fellow cop, who Sam puts the fear of God into by threatening if he talks to anyone. This would seem to have taken care of Hodiak’s problems- for now.

Meanwhile, Sam gets a seemingly innocuous delivery via an envelope with a photo of a pin-up girl type, which is followed in short order by one featuring seemingly the same girl, only apparently dead.

The girl is later identified as Tina by the high school jacket she is wearing, and is followed by a picture of another girl, Donna, whose estranged husband just so happened to have gone to the same high school as Tina, though he claims to have no idea where Donna is or who Tina is. That’s all we get on this particular plot development in the premiere, so we’ll have to wait and see how all this pans out.

Sam does, however, solve another case involving the stabbing of a young woman on the roof of an apartment building, which proves to be the superintendent’s ne’er-do-well son, though it’s actually co-worker and friend Brian Shafe (Grey Damon, “Twisted”) that elicits the confession by appealing to the young man’s daddy issues at Hodiak’s suggestion.

Shafe himself finagles a promotion to detective in the process, also at Sam’s behest, who agrees to dinner with newly-promoted Captain Ed Cutler (Chance Kelly, “Power”) in exchange for it, though, given how terribly it goes, I’m guessing he regrets that move.

The reason being, Sam invites mistress Grace Karn (Michaela McManus, “Necessary Roughness”) instead of his estranged wife, Opal (Jodi Harris, “Project X”), much to Ed’s own wife Jeannie’s chagrin, who expected the latter. Though Jeannie may have the last laugh, as it looks like Sam and Grace have gone their separate ways by the end of the episode…maybe.

Speaking of Opal, she also has an unpleasant run-in with Grace when she catches her over at Sam’s when she comes calling about their son Walt (Chris Sheffield, “The Last Ship”). It seems Walt came up empty when trying to sell his story to a newspaper- any newspaper. None of them have the guts to go near it, fearing the repercussions of the US military, which leaves Walt still in jail, though the charges of treason are dropped, at least.

Sam comes up with another gambit that might help him out if it works, when he gets wind of a drug dealer that is allegedly a former US military Captain that is smuggling heroin in deceased soldiers’ coffins, which would be a huge scandal if leaked to the press. Sam hopes to leverage this into freedom for his son altogether, but first he has to find the person in question.

This development is tied into a case that Brian is working on, with ties to Manson’s right-hand man Roy Kovic (David Meunier, “Justified”), involving a drug runner named Guapo (Lolo Sebastian, “Chop Shop”). Brian is working undercover in tandem with fellow officer Charmain (Claire Holt, “The Originals”), who goes the extra mile to embed herself with Kovic by sleeping with him.

Unfortunately, despite her efforts to smooth things over between Kovic and Brian, who he still distrusts, it doesn’t stop Roy from trying to set up Brian at a meet with Guapo and the head honcho of the operation, the aforementioned military man, as yet unseen. Charmain gets wind that the deal may go south and tips off Brian, who narrowly avoids being one of the many victims laid low by the mystery man, including Guapo himself.

Also of note is the fact that Brian’s wife, Kristin (Milauna Jackson, “Strike Back”), has embedded herself in with the burgeoning Black Panther movement, who don’t take kindly to her being married to a cop- much less a white one, no doubt. Count on this to get ugly before it gets better- if it gets better.

As it stands, Kristin clearly has her doubts about the effectiveness of the police, particularly when it comes to African-Americans, and she’s not wrong to, especially at the time, though one could argue that the more things change… but that’s a discussion for another article, so I digress.

Getting back to the main focus of the series, Charles Manson (Gethin Anthony, “Game of Thrones”) runs afoul of newcomer Ralph Church (Omar J. Dorsey, “Ray Donovan”), a former prisonmate of Manson’s who reportedly “taught him everything he knows”- at least according to Church.

Naturally, upon his release, he wants in on Manson’s action, and then some. Clearly wanting to take over altogether, Church almost immediately starts causing waves, intimidating Manson and trying to sleep with the girls at the compound- when not eating his food and suggesting he start pimping the girls out.

This does not go over well with Manson’s “family,” particularly Sadie (Ambyr Childers, also of “Ray Donovan”), who Church takes the most interest in. At first it seems like Manson is too cowed by the massive Church to do anything, but it turns out, he does indeed have a short-term plan.

Using new recruit Patty, who he and the girls met while dumpster diving behind a local supermarket and convinced to quit and join the commune, he tells her to cook dinner for Church and his gang- but only them, taking special care to note that the food is only for Church and company and the girls are not to touch it.

The implication he gives Patty is that he doesn’t want them eating the same thing as the black men, which is plausible, given his obvious disdain for African-Americans in general and Church in particular, but naturally, Manson has other reasons.

As we eventually discover, he’s been slowly poisoning Church and his men, who all collapse and die after a certain point, thus taking care of Manson’s “little problem” and avoiding a messy shoot-out between his followers and Church’s in the process. Patty isn’t thrilled to be used as a pawn, but as we see in the flashforwards, she certainly comes around to it.

Patty also comes in handy in getting her and Grace’s daughter, Emma (Emma Dumont, “Bunheads”) an invite to friend-of-a-friend Dennis Wilson’s big shindig one night, where the girls end up hooking up with the famed drummer. (Fun fact: Wilson was the only Beach Boy that surfed, ironically enough. Less fun fact: he also went on to drown years later.)

Emma raves about the experience to Manson, who wastes no time in insinuating himself into the proceedings, accompanying the girls to Wilson’s one day and meeting the man himself. Though at first awed by the famous personality- Manson even bows to him upon their first meeting, which reportedly really happened- he later becomes fast friends with the easy-going hippie.

Eventually, Manson opens up to Wilson and after initially being too scared to play his music for him, finally caves and does so after the help of some psychedelics and a pep talk from Wilson. As we know from history, Wilson will later introduce Manson to a producer friend to lay down some tracks, one Terry Melcher, who just so happens to own the mansion Sharon Tate (Amanda Brooks, “Mistresses”) later rents out with her husband, unfortunately for her.

I think that about brings us up to speed, save the revelation that Grace’s estranged husband, Ken (Brían F. O’Byrne, “The Last Ship”) is apparently going to get away with the attempt he made on the life of attorney Hal (Spencer Garrett, “The Magicians”), who somehow managed to escape Ken after he shot him and crawl down the hillside to safety below, where he was discovered by some motorists passing by.

Ken’s father-in-law takes care of the mess by attributing the attack to a group of hippies and even getting a comment from President Nixon himself. Before Hal wakes up and even knows it, the matter is in the paper and all but covered up cleanly, forcing him to either keep his mouth shut or face even worse consequences that he won’t be crawling away from this time.

In exchange, though, Grace’s father basically owns Ken- and has let him know in no uncertain terms that he expects the two to get back together and work things out, which may be the real reason Grace breaks up with Sam. It will interesting to see how Ken behaves himself, as we already know his tastes tend to run towards the same sex.

That was about it, but it was plenty. It was cool of NBC to run this commercial-free, and it really went a look way towards making it feel like a feature film, albeit one with no real ending. Still, it allowed us to know beyond the shadow of a doubt that we would be getting to the famous murders in due time, which many were disappointed weren’t even on the radar last season.

Personally, I didn’t mind it so much, as that story has been told so many times before as it is, but I will allow that they would be pressing their luck if they dragged things out too much longer. “Aquarius” may have been just successful enough to eke out a second season, but they might not get another if they drag things out too much.

By showing us that things are slowly-but-surely headed towards their inevitable conclusion, it gives the viewer something to cling to, in knowing that yes, we’ll get there soon enough if we’re patient. By giving us a few tantalizing glimpses of the horror to come, the showrunners no doubt hope to ensure viewers will stay tuned in the meantime.

I, for one, am in, and it really has nothing to do with that, which, like I said, we’ve all seen many times before. I’m more interested in the who and why we got there, and “Aquarius” aims to do that for us in a different way than we’ve seen before, which is exciting.

While they may play a bit loose with the facts here and there, overall, the show feels authentic and true to the way things likely went down, more or less. You can see how, with a little help from the drugs that were prevalent at the time, Manson might have used that to his advantage to seduce and sweet-talk others into doing his bidding, as well as literally get away with murder- at least for a time.

Note the scene with “Tex” and “Sadie” as well, where she peer pressures him into taking acid after the easy-going, seemingly nice fellow says he doesn’t do that, as it veers him a little too uncomfortably close to his dark side. Naturally, we would get all too acquainted with that side when he terrorized Tate and company around a year later. (“I’m the devil and I’m here to do the devil’s business,” he says, in one of the more infamous quotes of all time.)

It’s fascinating to see how a normal, all-American guy transforms into a cold-blooded psychotic killer- to say nothing of how psychos breed psychos, as evidenced by Sadie- and this season, we’re going to get to see that in detail, which is alone worth watching, I think, as it also shows how such things can be prevented. Sometimes it really does boil down to hanging out with the wrong crowd and the worst of circumstances.

The same certainly holds true for Patty, Emma and some of the other girls swept up in the madness of Manson. It will likewise be interesting to see how they got from nice, girl-next-door types to raving lunatics. This season aims to show us, and I think it will be truly intriguing, thanks to solid writing and an excellent cast of old hands and interesting newcomers.

What did you think of the premiere? Will you, too, be watching this season? Do you also find the events leading up to the murders to be fascinating, or do you wish they’d hurry up already and get to it? Should they have even “teased” the murders in the first place?

What true-life events and people would you like to see incorporated into the series? What do you think of the cast? Anything in particular you’re looking forward to? Sound off down below, and I’ll check in with the show later in the season!

Tvequals.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 17 Jun - 16:24

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabine on Sat 18 Jun - 3:27

Thanks for all the interesting reviews and pix girls. hug 2 Is there a way to download the episodes, I mean for us from outside US? In Germany they only showed season 1 on pay-tv so far. Rolling Eyes
Sabine
Playing God
Playing God

Number of posts : 1218
Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody
Registration date : 2011-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Sat 18 Jun - 4:03

Sabine wrote:Thanks for all the interesting reviews and pix girls. hug 2 Is there a way to download the episodes, I mean for us from outside US? In Germany they only showed season 1 on pay-tv so far. Rolling Eyes

I found the file with 620 MB. The sendspace carries 300 MB, I'm trying to load at 4shared, ok.

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Sat 18 Jun - 6:05

Here link, Sabine.

4shared.com