The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

2x05 - Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2x05 - Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey

Post by sir on Fri 1 Jul - 3:10

Link for download episode

Sendspace

sir
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 100670
Registration date : 2007-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 1 Jul - 3:10

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 109982
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 1 Jul - 3:13

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody and Fox Mulder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 1 Jul - 3:13

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 1 Jul - 5:58

Aquarius – Season 2, Episode 5: “Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me & My Monkey”

NBC’s Aquarius
Season 2, Episode 5: “Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me & My Monkey”
Directed by James L. Conway
Written by David Reed

August 9th, 1969 – the LaBianca murders. Tex Watson (Cameron Deane Stewart) murders someone as Emma Karn (Emma Dumont) watches on. In the present day, Charles Manson (Gethin Anthony) is still trying to impress Dennis Wilson (Andy Favreau), though Mr. Wilson is more interested in other things.

Back to new detective Brian Shafe (Grey Damon). He’s kicking the heroin and doing his best to hold onto the relationship he has with his wife Kristin (Milauna Jackson); she’s not at all happy with him, with their marriage. At the station, everyone is pleased with his promotion. Boss man Ed Cutler (Chance Kelly) isn’t completely sold yet.

Good ole Dt. Sam Hodiak (David Duchovny) and his ex Opal (Jodi Harris) are trying to do what they can for their son Walt (Chris Sheffield), now accused of starting a riot, which he claims was a sit-in. Sam, for his part, seems resigned to letting his son take his punishment. Opal? Not so much.

A freshly shaved Dt. Shafe, along with his new haircut, hits the job title head on. He and Hodiak go out on a murder. Problem is Brian’s experiencing the side effects of withdrawal from heroin. In other news, Wilson takes Emma out to a nice restaurant where they end up running into her mother, Grace (Michaela McManus). Awkward, though it helps us see the degree to which she’s changed into someone else by the time August 8th and 9th of ’69 eventually roll around. Grim.

There are other things happening, once again, for Hodiak. He’s still got the whole Internal Affairs business going on. Except he’s still got plenty of aces up his sleeve, involving a slight bit of extortion. All the same, the Commissioner himself wants everything looked at.

Meanwhile, Officer Charmain Tully (Claire Holt) receives a visit from Captain Perry. He’s interested in her professionally, as well as the fact Lieutenant Cutler called him up. At least a bit of character development on his part. Well, Perry lays out the concept of her upcoming undercover operation to infiltrate the SDS – Students for a Democratic Society. Apparently dangerous stuff.

Charmain: “I think, I don‘t wanna be a female cop. I just wanna be a cop, sir.”

Into the fray goes Charmain. She plays the sister of a dead soldier that fought in Vietnam. Great little introduction to make herself susceptible to the SDS. In other California places, Emma and Charlie are beginning to grow apart. She moves closer to Wilson, as Manson simply gets jealous. He talks about the “family‘s ends” and parades Emma in front of everyone, berating her, cutting the dress right off her back, or starting to before she hauls off the clothes and walks away. Uh oh. This does not bode well for the mental state of Charles. Wilson senses things are not fine, so he invites Manson along to play guitar while Emma sings for some friends of his. That should play out proper, sure.

While Charmain and her new SDS friend end up at a Boeing convention with a suitcase full of weapons and spray enamel to beat the place to pieces (little does she know soon there’ll be sticks of dynamite involved), Charlie, Emma and Dennis head to the home of music producer Terry Melcher (Chase Coleman). Things get tense when Charlie realises himself to be the odd man out. When he has to play for Emma they stare at one another, the look in his eyes devilish, and then she runs out, too nervous. Manson goes on to play a song called “Garbage Dump” that can be found, for real, right here.

All the while Hodiak dodges bullets from Ron Kellaher (Tim Griffin) and his Internal Affairs bulldozer. Luckily, Sam has a bulletproof exterior. In many ways. Then he gets a call about Opal. She’s committed suicide. This rocks him, obviously, despite their being estranged. When Shafe finds out it rocks Lieutenant Cutler, too. As if Sam wasn’t dealing with enough, now this deep loss.

Cutler and Hodiak drink together, they chat about Opal, whether one thing or another was the cause. Then Sam opens up, the rare moment. His veil of masculinity is lowered. “I am ashamed to say how long it took me to realise I was the thing making her unhappy,” Sam says about his deceased wife. Now, he only worries for his son. And poor Shafe, he’s still shaking off the heroin, sweating it out hard. Although he gets the job done in his new detective position. Not sure home life is going that well, unfortunately. Furthermore, Brian does himself wrong by getting himself more heroin, kit included.

In jail, Sam goes to Walt and sees his son is bruised, beaten. He wonders if there are some guys like him behind the prison walls looking after the inmates. Things are escalating, not to mention now Walt’s mother is dead. Worse, Sam doesn’t have an immediate plan to get him out.

The end of the episode sees Emma discover Dennis with another woman, as Charlie and Patty (Madisen Beaty) are alone together. Now Emma feels totally alone.

Flash to August 9th again. Pregnant Emma barges into a home with knife in hand. She brandishes it with deadly, hideous intent. The massacre continues.

Another excellent chapter in this second season. The emotion went up like crazy and all the characters developed so much within the space of a single episode. Can’t wait for the next one titled “Revolution 9” in which I’m sure we’ll see a lot more madness from Manson, as well as the further struggles of Detectives Shafe and Hodiak. Stay with me, folks!

Fathersonholygore.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 1 Jul - 6:11

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 1 Jul - 7:31

‘Aquarius’ S2: E05 ‘Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except me and my Monkey’ Review
By Amanda Joyce July 01, 2016 09:04AM

Aquarius (TV Series) (2015)
Hodiak (David Duchovny) gets a more intense spotlight on him from Internal Affairs while Shafe (Grey Damon) finds himself having even more difficulty in his marriage and work. Charlie (Gethin Anthony) starts to get jealous of the relationship developing between Emma (Emma Dumont) and their new benefactor.

**Spoiler Alert**

This review contains spoilers for S2E05 of Aquarius. If you haven’t yet watched, read at your own risk.

The Good

Emma gets to sing! Emma Dumont has a lovely voice, though before this show she was primarily known for her dancing. I’m glad she gets the chance to sing on the show since Charlie’s whole thing that helps to gather these young women around him is that he wants to be a musician.

Shafe is in bad shape. He’s still reeling from the effects of the heroin he used in the previous episode, and the tension between him and his wife is heartbreaking to watch. In addition to that, he’s trying to find a way to get back into undercover work, but the other detectives ambush him to cut his hair and give him a shave to get him up to dress code. And that’s all in the first ten minutes. He’s having quite the day.

Emma runs into her mother. It’s such an awkward moment and both women play the distance and familiarity of two people who used to love each other desperately, but now don’t even know one another, perfectly. I’ve always loved watching Michaela McManus and Emma Dumont in scenes together and I still wish that we got more of the two two of them at odds. They have such a great dynamic, so it was nice to see that Emma’s mother hasn’t forgotten about her. Emma has also, despite being completely enamoured with Charlie’s life, grown up enough to not ignore her mother’s offer of her new address.

“I don’t want to be a female cop; I just want to be a cop.” Charmaine, despite being the member of the main cast who gets the least amount of screentime, remains my favorite on the show. She really has one of the most interesting stories of all the different threads being pulled. I love that each and every time someone points out that she’s valuable because she’s a woman on a particular case, she doesn’t hesitate to tell them that it’s not being a woman that matters to her, but doing her best work. With this being the 60s, her being a woman is still likely going to be the focal point of her interactions with nearly any other police officer, but it’s not stopping her.

Emma is the target of Charlie’s jealousy. Emma has always been the one we’ve seen who can calm Charlie down, the one who can distract him from getting angry at other members of the family, and the one who seems to understand him very quickly when everyone else is confused. In this episode, she’s finally doing something for herself instead of him, and feeling threatened because of her relationship with Dennis, not to mention her getting attention from record producers, Charlie is jealous and insecure, and lashes out at her. While we’ve seen him hit others, he doesn’t use violence against her, but instead seeks to shame her by cutting the straps on her brand new dress. It doesn’t work as Emma simply removes it and continues with her meeting. Of course, Charlie ends up coming along for the ride as well which doesn’t go well for her.

Charmaine joins the war protest. Her newest undercover job has her infiltrating a protest group that is, as Cutler describes it, “anti everything.” This seems like a much more interesting route than the Walt storyline. If the show allows Charmaine and Walt’s stories to intersect, his addition to the show might not slow it down as much. Besides, she looked like she was having a good time vandalism that pricey suite.

The Bad

Walt is in trouble. Again. Walt Hodiak is always in trouble. And I feel like a broken record for saying that his storyline slows the show down too much, but it always seems like it’s being shoehorned in simply for the sake of getting Vietnam into a show set in the 60s.

Opal dies. I’m not sure why everything related to Hodiak’s personal life seems to bring the show to a screeching halt, but it just does. Opal has been consistently an interrupting force on the show, only coming in to remind us of Walt’s troubles. Her supposed suicide (on crime shows, it’s hard to believe any death is a suicide) might serve to make Hodiak take a more proactive role in Walt’s life, which I’m not too thrilled about.

This episode felt very disconnected. There was definitely an attempt to unite different themes in the episode of relationship problems, the war protests, and even suicide across the different storylines, but I still felt like I was watching several different episodes chopped together instead of one.

The Questions

Will Emma and her mother reconnect? We know that Emma is still with Charlie when the Manson family commits a series of murders, but she seems to be having some hesitation about her place with Charlie. Might she take a little time away?

Will Emma kill anyone on the murder spree? The flashforwards in this episode show her armed and instructed to kill anyone she finds, but something tells me Emma doesn’t have it in her.

How far will Charmaine go on this assignment? Her new friends are about to go from vandalism to explosives, and it’s a little harder to get warnings in place in the 60s than it is today where we have the internet and cell phones.

Grading the episode: While I liked bits and pieces of this episode, as a whole, I found it underwhelming compared to last week. I’m very curious about where the show is headed in its flashforwards, but it feels like we’re crawling there instead of moving at a normal pace. C+

The Movie Net Work

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 1 Jul - 7:45

jade1013