The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

2016/01/15 - FOX Presentation at the Television Critics Association

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: 2016/01/15 - FOX Presentation at the Television Critics Association

Post by sir on Fri 15 Jan - 10:11

More Footage from The X-Files Revival Debuts in Sizzle Reel

Sizzle reel for The X-Files revival offers new footage

Straight from their panel at the Television Critics Association, FOX has released a sizzle reel for The X-Files, giving fans some new footage from the upcoming revival series. Check it out in the player below!

Six new episodes of The X-Files premiere with a special two-night event beginning Sunday, Jan. 24 (10:00-11:00 PM ET/7:00-8:00 PM PT), following the NFC Championship Game, and continuing with its time period premiere on Monday, Jan. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT).

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprise their iconic roles as Agent Fox Mulder and Agent Dana Scully in the upcoming event series which will encompass a mixture of stand-alone investigative episodes and those that further the original show’s seminal mythology. In the opening episode, Mulder and Scully take on a case of a possible alien abductee. The all-new episodes will feature appearances by guest stars, including Joel McHale (“Community”), Robbie Amell (“The Flash”), Lauren Ambrose (“Dig,” “Six Feet Under”), Annabeth Gish (“The Bridge”), Annet Mahendru (“The Americans”), Rhys Darby (“Flight of the Conchords”), Kumail Nanjiani (“Silicon Valley”) and William B. Davis, who reprises his role as “Cigarette Smoking Man.” Three of the episodes are written and directed by Chris Carter, with the remaining new episodes written and directed by original series veterans Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan and James Wong.

The X-Files originally premiered in September 1993. Over the course of its nine-season run, the influential series went from breakout sci-fi favorite to massive global hit, and became one of the most successful television dramas of all time. The show, which earned 16 Emmy Awards, five Golden Globes and a Peabody Award, follows FBI special agents Scully (Gillian Anderson) and Mulder (David Duchovny), as they investigate unexplained cases – “X-Files” – for which the only answers involve paranormal phenomena.

Comingsoon

sir
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 100670
Registration date : 2007-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 15 Jan - 10:11

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 113931
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 15 Jan - 10:14

Watch a New ‘X-Files’ Trailer; Chris Carter Had Written a Third Movie Before the New Series

ox presented a panel on The X-Files to the Television Critics Association for the new six-episode event premiering this month. Discussing how he thought about bringing back FBI agents Scully (Gillian Anderson) and Mulder (David Duchovny), series creator Chris Carter revealed he had actually written a screenplay for a third movie before the limited series was greenlit.

Also revealed from the X-Files TCA panel was a new trailer for the upcoming revival, which you can watch below.

“There was talk of doing a third movie,” Carter said on the panel. “It was casual talk, so I actually wrote a third movie just because I was interested in where that might go. This television idea came out of the blue for me and was really a surprising phone call. When that happened, I let my wife read the third movie. She said, ‘I think not for television.’ There was something else I’d written. She said, ‘I think you need to do something more like that.’ That’s how the mythology episode came about.”

Another X-Files movie would be a massive production for 20th Century Fox, so it seems bold to write a screenplay on spec before a budget or commitment had been approved. Carter clarified, “It was less on spec. I’d call it a study if you will.”

The six-episode series opens and closes with “mythology” episodes, where the story addresses the continuing conspiracy of the X-files. In between are three standalone monster episodes and even a comedic episode.

“That was the signature of the show,” Carter said. “We’d do a mythology episode, then a monster-of-the-week episode then a comedy episode and it works. The audience went with you week to week. The thing we became known for was our range. The show could come back to shape to its original concept. We did that always in the run of the original series. In this case, there are only six episodes so we had to do it in a much shorter arc.”

The original order was slightly longer, though not as long as a full broadcast season. “Not 24 [episodes] certainly,” Carter said. “Originally we were supposed to do eight and that got scaled back because of schedules. Eight would’ve been doable. Six was very doable. Six works. You get a variety of episodes and you’ve got two strong mythology episodes which I always think are the spine of the show.”

Were another season to be produced, Carter would consider expanding the order. “I’m waiting for Fox to come back and say, ‘We want more of these,’” Carter said. “Then we’ll talk about how many.”

Sitting on the panel, Duchovny joked about the short order of X-Files episodes. “Think of it as a bento box of X-Files,” Duchovny said.

As for the placement of the mythology episodes as bookends, Carter explained, “It’s really a re-entry into a series that hasn’t been on the air for 13 years. I think you needed to get back into the character’s lives, their professional quest, where the characters are.”

Duchovny agreed. “You had to pay homage to the mythology that we’ve done as well as introduce the new twists that Chris has created for the series,” he said. “You have to honor the fans as well as introducing people who don’t know anything about it.”

Many classic X-Files characters are back including the Smoking Man, and the Lone Gunmen, who fans will remember died in the original series. “The Lone Gunmen are back,” Carter said. “You’re right they did meet their makers in the run of the original series but I think the way you see them return will explain itself. We don’t just bring them back as live characters. They are back in a completely different way. They’re actually back in a fantasy.”

“Scully’s fantasy,” Anderson added.

Returning to their landmark roles wasn’t entirely smooth sailing, not for Anderson at least. “I hate first days,” she said. “First and second days, I wish I could give them back. Everything that we do, I wish I could do over again so I am unusually nervous and weird and forget lines and don’t behave like the character for the first couple days. That wasn’t a ‘woo hoo, here we go!’ thing for me.”

It complicated things when the first scene was a major exposition scene. “I felt, for myself a little bit, because it’s hard to come back, and Mulder can’t stammer and hem and haw,” Duchovny said. “He has all his facts at his fingertips. It’s got to be real and fast and right there. Poor Joel [McHale] had even more than I did to say that day. He did wonderfully. It’s not easy to do I don’t think. Especially to come in on a first day on a show, we looked at Gillian, she didn’t look like she was going through the horrible moments she was talking about.”

After 14 years since The X-Files wrapped, and one movie in 2008, Anderson finally understands the magnitude of returning to these characters. “I did a Comic-Con right before it was about to start shooting,” she said. “It wasn’t until I sat on a panel and there was the degree of enthusiasm for it. And the theme music played, it was the first time in my life of The X-Files that I completely got what it was like for an audience to sit on a couch and hear that tune again for the first time. I got excited with them and it occurred to me I was starting to [shoot] on Monday.”

The X-Files returns Sunday, January 24 on Fox at approximately 10 PM after the NFL game.

Slashfilm.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody and Fox Mulder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 15 Jan - 10:15

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 15 Jan - 10:19

The X-Files Stars Hilariously Attempt to Explain the Secret to Their Sizzling Chemistry at TCA

It's time to believe again. The X-Files' return to TV is upon us and to celebrate the long-awaited new adventures of Mulder and Scully, Fox brought the show to the 2016 TCA Winter Press Tour. David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Joel McHale and series creator Chris Carter were on hand to field questions and tease the reopening of The X-Files. Things started out just as you'd expect with Anderson simply asking "How's my sex scene?"

Keep it together MSRers, but then lose your s—t again with the new trailer below.
The X-Files kicks off its six-episode return with a mythology-heavy episode, but things quickly change to monster of the week format with another mythology episode to close things out. "That was the signature of the show," Carter explained about the mix of episodes. "We became known for our range...we did that always in the run of the original series, but in this case, there are only 6 episodes, so we had to do it in a much shorter arc."

"In a short season like a six-episode season it might feel like more of an extreme," Duchovny added. "Think of it as a bento box of X-Files. You have to honor the fans as well as introducing people that don't know anything about it into it. There had to be a mythology episode to begin it."

CLICK: We were on set of The X-Files and we still believe

The original plan was for eight episodes, but because of scheduling the count was reduced to six.
"I'm waiting for Fox to come back and say, ‘We want more of these,'" Carter said. He also noted there is no talk of any spinoffs at the moment.

But a return to TV wasn't always in the cards. Carter explained he had written a third movie before the revival happened. "I did have to sit down and come up with an idea, but there was talk of doing a third movie, and it was casual talk, so I actually wrote a third movie just because I was interested in where that might go, so when this television idea came out of the blue for me…I let my wife read the third movie and she said I think not for TV, and there was something else I had written, and she said I think more like that I'd call it a study, if you will."

The X-Files originally debuted in 1993 and wrapped its run in 2002, but it's taken the stars some time to come around to appreciate the impact the show has had on them and fans alike.

"I think it took me a long time to embrace it after we were done with the series. It took a good decade for me to suddenly start thinking of it as the gift that it was and to properly appreciate the opportunity that I had and how fortunate I was to play such a great iconic character in a show that was iconic in and of itself and for such a long time," Anderson said. "I was very lucky and it suddenly hit me some time later."

"It took a while to recognize it as the gift that it is and that's why we're able to come back now. I think, also, it acted to spur to me to go out and do more work...to keep expanding myself as an artist...it was both a gift and a spur to not settle after it was done. On both levels, it's been a gift in that way," Duchovny added.

The two will always be known as Mulder and Scully, and for their chemistry, but it wasn't instantly known. The stars met while reading lines outside of their audition for the show.

"We didn't know they would have chemistry," Carter said. Anderson pressed her boss and asked him what it was like, if he remembers their audition and if they popped then.

"I had an inkling of that chemistry when we did a table reading. But it wasn't until the day they both appeared in Mulder's office, they both lit up, and it was the same ever since. It's one of those things you can't manufacture, and we got really lucky," Carter said.

Duchovny likened it to "an arranged marriage." "Some of those work, and some don't. It's your job as an actor to make that happen," he said.
"There is something extra, and I don't know what that is," Anderson said. "It seems like it's separate from us, almost like a third..."

"Can you feel it right now?" Duchovny asked. "If you don't have chemistry, you have to find out a way to make it happen. But if you have history...Gillian and I actually have history so we don't have to play it."

"I don't buy that. We had it from the very beginning," she said.

"Now we have chemistry and history, we're going to try to get biology," Duchovny quipped.
"We have a little bit of biology," Anderson joked.

The new season is set in present times. Smart phones and Snowden are part of the every day vernacular, conspiracy is mainstream. Carter said he "cherry-picked" ideas from conspiracy sites that frighten him, "if one of them comes true, it will be a bad thing for America and beyond," he said.

The X-Files returns with a two-night premiere starting on Sunday, Jan. 24 at 10 p.m. on Fox.

Eonline.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 15 Jan - 10:20

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 15 Jan - 10:22

New ‘X-Files’ Trailer Finally Brings UFOs, Ol’ Smokey and More

We can never have too many X-Files revival trailers, especially when the conspiracy  goodness starts flowing a week out from its premiere. Not only does the latest bring a bonafide UFO, but also the Smoking Man’s return, while cast and crew drop new info on the FOX revival.

Straight out of TCA, the latest full trailer for the imminent X-Files return delivers some impressive visuals as a UFO crashes in the desert, while other scenes showcase a much larger-scale conspiracy and panic. There’s also the return of a charred-looking Smoking Man, but what role he has to play in the conspiracy of it all remains to be seen.

Elsewise, the cast and creator Chris Carter spoke of the revival from the TCA press tour, in which Carter revealed that FOX had originally hoped for eight episodes, before scheduling forced it down to six. Not only that, but the team also previewed that Scully would encounter the “Lone Gunmen” in a dream sequence, presumably so as not to contradict their previous return to the series. Carter also explained that no talks on another X-Files return have yet taken place.

So reads the premiere synopsis for “My Struggle”:

Thirteen years after the original series run, the next mind-bending chapter of the thrilling series THE X-FILES has arrived. FOX MULDER (David Duchovny) and DANA SCULLY (Gillian Anderson) have been contacted by TAD O’MALLEY (guest star Joel McHale), a popular conspiracy theorist web-TV show host who believes he has uncovered a significant government conspiracy.

With the assistance of FBI Asst. Dir. WALTER SKINNER (Mitch Pileggi), O’Malley seeks to enlist the help of former X-Files agents Mulder and Scully, who have since severed ties with the FBI. Through O’Malley they are introduced to SVETA (guest star Annett Mahendru), a possible alien abductee who shares shocking information with them that will challenge everything that Mulder has ever believed about the existence of aliens and the government’s role in covering them up.

Thus far, FOX’s X-Files return has confirmed the Lone Gunmen, Annabeth Gish, Mitch Pileggi and William B. Davis to reprise their roles beside David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, while Community star Joel McHale will play a conservative pundit who tasks Mulder and Scully with investigating a woman claiming to have been abducted (The Americans star Annet Mahendru). Additionally, comedian and superfan Kumail Nanjiani will play a small role, while Flash star Robbie Amell and Six Feet Under alum Lauren Ambrose will play a pair of confident new FBI agents.

On the creative side, writers and producers Chris Carter, Glen Morgan and Jim Wong will return to write and direct, and composer Mark Snow also aboard. Rewatch the X-Files trailers below, and get ready for the official January 24 premiere.

Screencrush.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 15 Jan - 10:23

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 15 Jan - 10:23

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 15 Jan - 10:24

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 15 Jan - 10:24

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 15 Jan - 10:26

Actors Joel McHale, from left, David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson and creator/Executive producer Chris Carter participate in "The X Files" panel at the Fox Winter TCA on Friday, Jan. 15, 2016, Pasadena, Calif.

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 15 Jan - 10:27

Thanks

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 15 Jan - 10:29

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Fri 15 Jan - 10:30

jade1013
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 15 Jan - 10:38

Mythology, monsters return on Fox's 'X-Files'

PASADENA, Calif. – Expect varied tone and style updates when Fox’s The X-Files returns for a six-episode run on Jan. 24 after the NFC Championship Game (approximately 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT).

At the Television Critics Association winter press tour Friday, creator Chris Carter said the sci-fi conspiracy thriller would offer its customary broad sampling, including mythology episodes, monsters-of-the-week and comedy. One of the things "we became known for was our range," he said.

"Think of it as a bento box of X-Files," said David Duchovny, who returns as Fox Mulder in the series, which ran for nine seasons starting in 1993.

Gillian Anderson, who plays Dana Scully, said the feeling of returning sunk in at a Comic-Con event before filming began. She felt "the degree of enthusiasm there was for it" in the crowd, she said. "And the theme music played … and I got excited with

The three were joined on the TCA panel by Community's Joel McHale, who plays Tad O'Malley, a conservative talk show host who has strong beliefs regarding government conspiracies. McHale, a dedicated fan, said: "This is like winning an auction item where you get to be on The X-Files."

The first episode focuses on the show's mythology, with some detailed exposition, said Carter, who wants the series to appeal to longtime fans but also accommodate newcomers. The Lone Gunmen, who met their maker in the past, will return "in a fantasy," he said.

When the series started, Carter said he really felt the chemistry between Duchovny and Anderson – the relationship of their characters was a big part of X-Files appeal – when they first appeared in a scene in Mulder's office. "They just both lit up," he said. "We got very lucky."

Duchovny said the actors and characters have more than chemistry now. "We've gone beyond chemistry into history, which is a really cool thing to play as well," he said.

Fox executives said they would be open to additional episodes, but that is dependent on the actors' schedules.

Carter acknowledged how much the world has changed in terms of the Internet and public discussion of conspiracies.

"There are over 500 conspiracy sites on the Internet. Nothing is underground anymore. Everything is out in the open," he said. "There's a tremendous amount of distrust" about government and media today. "It's a great time to be telling X-Files stories."

Usatoday.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Fri 15 Jan - 10:39

Thank you Maria!