The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

2016/05/06 - David at the Union Chapel in London

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2016/05/06 - David at the Union Chapel in London

Post by Raanibhatia on Sat 21 May - 14:04

Raanibhatia
The Rapture
The Rapture

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-11-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raanibhatia on Sat 21 May - 14:06

That's ok Sir, I have 12 more video's to upload on my youtube page! that will take me forever!

Raanibhatia
The Rapture
The Rapture

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-11-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Sat 21 May - 14:42

Ok, thanks again for videos.

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 100670
Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody and Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2007-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Sat 21 May - 15:12

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 108237
Registration date : 2007-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchovny on Sun 22 May - 5:37

thanks
Duchovny
Phantom
Phantom

Number of posts : 16606
Emploi : Housewife
Your favorite David's role : Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2011-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sir on Tue 24 May - 14:00

David Duchovny EVERY THIRD THOUGHT RV Eurotrip Recap – May 6 LONDON

Matty, Jeff, Nathan, Colin, Pat, Ging Ging, Mitch, Timea, Sabastian, Tanya, David, Laurice, Priya, Gloria, Walter in Vienna, Austria

Before getting on the road at 6amish the morning of May 6 we dined on cheese, smoked salmon, rolls and coffee at the Hotel Z in Glasgow. We slept but far from fully recovered from the previous 36 hour day.

We drove south. A quick detour led to almost 45 minutes of being pseudo lost.  Even with the tight winding country roads of Scotland, no regrets as we saw some local farms, sheep and bunnies up close. The old stone houses felt like we were on a period movie set from at least 100 years ago. Most of the drive south was beautiful. Old houses, buildings, thousands of sheep grazing in lush green meadows alternating with vast fields of yellow flowers, which one of us assumed was mustard, but a few have made me think twice. Anyone?

At one point, GPS put us on local roads to drive east to another highway south. We drove through Northhampton and a number of smaller towns.

We finally arrived at JUST GO Motorhome rentals in Toddington (Dunstable) Bedfordshire, UK. Two hours later, after an amusing HOW TO walk-through, we were back on the road.

Ok, I previously stated how much anxiety I possessed about driving on wrong side of the road and right side of the car. In Glasgow, many folks parked on the actual wrong side of the road,  so at times I was really messed up driving head to head with parked cars. I often thought I was going wrong way on one-way alley.

Multiply that angst time 1000 as I pull out in a 3.2 meter tall, 6.97 meter wide box on wheels. I just drove 6am-2pm from Glasgow. Now 4pm I am driving towards UNION CHAPEL, the venue for London Concert.

I tell Priya, if I get too close to the left, just push off… you know… like a boat, right?

Four the first hour of driving we heard and felt the warning bumps – telling us TOO FAR LEFT – constantly. Then we get off the high way and hit the narrow local lanes of London.

On a winding three lane road, I keep hitting the curb, which bounces us back into the center lane. Not thirty seconds would go by without someone wincing or yelling “WHOA!”.

On one particular curve in the road a cyclist slammed into my mirror. I screamed like a very high-pitched male soprano (trying to not sound sexist). That was the second time I was called a wanker. Certainly not the last.

We finally reach our prearranged parking space near the venue. The space I paid 20 pounds for in advanced (months ago via online service). This space was inside a gated condo complex. I looked through my emails. No mention of this security measure. Even if I could find a code for the building, not sure I could have squeeze this box into that alley.

However, we did find a spot right down the block. Now after 7pm both spots we occupied totally free.

For the first time the front row was extremely late. In fact we missed the first song by Colin Lee. We were inside by the time he was starting but we could not find our friends. We did find the band hanging out with other friends and family in the back balcony.

UNION CHAPEL was an amazing venue. Very old brick and dramatic stain glass window made this working church a perfect music venue. Only issue, they left the church pews. AT first this did not bother. In fact it did not bother at all. While we usually are up on our feet down front dancing and cheering, I was ready to chill. But as I remarked about the WAY TO CHILL audience, many new friends surrounding our seats shared the venue usually pulls the seating for concerts and club nights.

Colin Lee was amazing. For those that do not know, Colin produced the album. At some point Brad gave Colin three songs to work. David was so impressed he gave Colin the job of turning his songs into studio and concert ready. He plays keyboards and is lead back up vocalist when David sings. Colin enlisted his band mates (Collectively known as Weather – but that is about to change I understand) and the rest is history.

Colin had a nice mix of originals and covers. Like Nathan, Jeff and Pat that opened in  concerts since, I wish we had a link to their solo work. When we do we will share via TWITTER at the very least. If anyone knows where to find, please email me eightimprov@gmail.com

While I loved the originals from all the guys, its the covers that stir the biggest responses. For Colin that was Major Tom. The crowd loved it. And it was very well done.

To be honest my memory of this show over all is sketch. I was truly beyond exhausted. Eventually David got the crowd to their feet. They were fun but quiet, especially compared to Glasgow. I blame the church pews. London especially loved the David Bowie cover.

After the concert we tried to find some food. In hindsight we should have gotten in the RV and drove off immediately. Instead we stumbled into a Thai place. Kitchen was closed. Down the block we found middle eastern. Very good. Surprisingly so, as I was not expecting to have such good international fair in London. Ignorance I suppose on my part.

We finally get in the RV and drive. At this point we totaled 5. GPS took us through London streets for about 40 minutes. Eventually we got on a highway. By now I am barely able to keep open my eyes. We find a nice rest stop for all to chill a few minutes and reset.

As I went to fill up with gas, I could not figure out how to open the tank. It seemed like a simple turn of the key. It was. But I was so tired it seemed more like a rubix cube or calculus equation.

By 4am we are at Dover on the ferry to Calais. It should have been a 90-minute drive. I am not sure when we hit the RV after eating, but I am guessing I drove at least 3 hours. I was so afraid to run off the road or into a truck I was topping 45 mph at the most in a 70+ zone.

The ferry was freezing. No heat it seemed. Of course assuming there would be a warm cafe inside, I wore shorts and t-shirt.  I tried to sleep. At some point we all scattered. Again I blame the exhaustion, but somehow we lost each other on a ferry that truly is not that big. Looking for us, Laurice went to the upper outside deck. Upon returning she fell down the steps. It was a rough night.

Frozen and exhausted the ferry over seemed endless. It was 7am when we arrived. Just two hours, as we lost another hour passing into France. It was now May 7 but still felt like all part of the same long day.

We get in the RV and drive. Not sure how far we actually got, but after 45 minutes I said I am done. I could not go any further without risking injury. There was a McDonalds next to a mall. I pulled in and crawled upstairs to my loft bed. Everyone else did the same.

I would say this is was the end of another 24 day, but we only slept about 90-minutes. Laurice had to use bathroom and the McDonalds was closed. Go figure. We pulled out and found a rest stop about 15 minutes down the road.

I think we were still in France. We were close to or possibly in Belgium at this point.

Can I take this moment to say how awesome many rest stops in Europe are?

The worst European rest stop was equal to the best American rest stop I have encountered. But this one was so much better. By the end of our journey someone uttered “No more Rest Stop food” but I parried, Euro-truck-stop fare trumps what I eat most days. Instead of fast food crap they have fresh-baked Chocolate Croissants and cappuccino – which became my go to RV driving fuel.

At this first stop I bought my first round of wine, stinky cheese, meat, bread and chocolate – fulfilling the goal I set for myself the second I entered France. CHECK!!! The truck stop cheese at 3 Euros matches the  imported cheese we spend $8. Brie, Camambere, Smoked Gouda etc. The meats included thinly sliced Spanish Churrizo, Italian Mortadella and sausages. I also got some Nescafe instant coffee, Nutella and a few other necessities. For the price of a Dunkin Donuts breakfast I was eating high end deli and bakery meals 2-3 times daily.

At this point Tanya took over driving. I layered some quilts on the floor and slept almost all the way to Luxembourg.

This was out first campsite. Camping Alzingen was small and quaint, but quite elegant. We were surrounded by mostly Dutch travelers on way back from the southern beaches of French or Spain. Everyone was extremely nice.

Still exhausted it took me about an hour to truly figure out Electric and setting fridge and water for parked modes. We found great showers and toilets. Put out tables and chairs. We got very comfortable finely, right before I was asked to drive all downtown to the store. So we packed up the table and chairs, unplugged electric, got in the car and drove to the store one of our new Dutch friends suggested.

When we came back, we opened a bottle of wine. I was crawling into bed soon after…

END OF DAY TWO/THREE… TO BE CONTINUED…

PS I am back in NYC hosting LMAO OFF BROADWAY Saturday June 4 3 & 8pm at the Broadway Comedy Club at 318 West 53rd Street, New York, NY 10019.

Get some discount tickets here, come have a drink with me and hear all the juicy stuff I cannot print online. I will be talking about it in my stand-up opening at 8pm however…

Waltfrasier.com

Thank you Maria!
sir
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 100670
Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody and Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2007-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 on Tue 24 May - 14:01

jade1013